Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wdh1974 View Post
    Plese dont hijack my thread, i know you're being good liberals, but just ignore this thread or make your own list, unless you're afraid.
    1. get rid of people like you.
    And actually thats it.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Deleted
    break the union and allow states to truly govern themselves.

1) Legalize pot and heavily regulate it. That alone would save billions of dollars from going out of the country in the black market every year, it would bring in millions in tax revenue and would effectively cripple most organized crime as that is their staple product and would decimate the Mexican Cartels. It would also cut the prison population by over half and allow us to close many prisons. All taxes, fines, and prison sentences for said offenses will be forgiven and expunged from your criminal records. And with it legal and regulated gets much better control over the distribution and quality of it.

2) Close private prisons. The prison system is to be used for corrections and incarceration, it should not be a for-profit venture. Saved millions in tax payer money.

3) Healthcare paid for by taxes. We currently pay several times more than any other nation for vastly inferior services. This approach would save us billions per year with better quality service. It would allow us to do away with insurance companies (Healthcare should never be a for profit venture) effectively closing whole branches in most medical centers, we could also do away with Medicare, Medicaid, Tricare, the Congressional healthcare programs and the Veteran Hospitals would removed as well effectively delegating the VA to nothing more than benefits saving billions in military spending and removing the wait on much of their healthcare.

4) Gay Marrage, Legalized and given all the rights of heterosexual couples. If you don't like guys marrying each other, than don't marry one.

5) Military spending put under heavy scrutiny. I would remove private contractors and put the military back in control of building their own equipment. This removes a great deal of the spending as it removes the profit motive. I would also throw my weight around in the UN and get the more involved in many conflicts while we scaled back. Many fights we should not be in and others we should be helping in but not alone, we should not be the worlds police, we have to watch our own ass too.

6) Congressionl service will be massively overhauled to remove the effects of business. After becoming a congressman or senator for even a single term (not even a full term). You are given full pay for life (benefits already covered in #3) but you are also barred from ever working another non-govenment job for life and barred from holding any stock in any company or any vested interest of any kind or taxing any favors, donations, discounts or gifts from them of any kind.. Your pay will be no more than 100% of the median income of the area you represent. Also, you will no longer live in Washington, you will live in the area you represent. You will handle your business from home and your business communications will be monitored and recorded for public record. Once a month, you will spend a weekend in Washington for the major issues that can not be handled from home, exceptions will be made for emergencies. This removes much of the effects of business except from the congressmans local area (as it should be and even they can't bribe) while also removing the cliche mentality some while removing their need to lobby hard when they get home as they are always there and always a presense and has to see and live with the ones he represents. The officials wife/husband are bound by the same restrictions, sorry can't have a wife in Senate with a CEO Husband now, conflict of interest.

7) Copywrite reform: returned to original state where they have a single 14 year copywrite with a 1 14 year extention.

8) Patent Reform: Can not patent math, anything that occurs in nature, the obvious, and not patent an idea, only implentations of that idea. When applied, you are also given a 4 year grace period before the term on the patent starts if you are still in the process commercializing it. If after the end of that 4 year grace period you have not done anything with it or if you stop using that patent for a period of more than 4 years, it enters the public domain. You can't patent stuff just to keep others from working on it and moth balling it. Software patents have much faster term limits than other patents as it is a much faster pace.

9) Import workers: Before any company can hire an import worker, they must have tried to hire a local worker for a period of 1 year and must have also offered "On the Job" training for that position at rates at or above the going market value and the requirements for the job must be reviewed and explained to a government panel made up of people educated in that field to explain why they have the requirements. After that 1 year, the government agency attempts to find a local qualified applicant. If both failed, THEN and only then can they import a worker and must pay them no less than 20% ABOVE the going rate for the position as they have proven they need them. After getting here, the import worker will be allowed here long enough to apply for residency and can apply for work elsewhere regardless of if they continue to work for said company to ensure the company is taking care of them and not exploiting them or the process and to keep the companies from rotating cheap labor out faster than they can seek residency.

10) Any company requiring a certain level of college must submit proof why they require that to keep companies from seeking overqualified people for jobs to lower the number of applicants for the issues in #9.

11) Taxes on the top raised back to 1960 level (still lower than other first world nations too might I add). Including taxes on captial gains. And benefits will also have a monetary value tied to them.

12) NO MORE GOLDEN PARACHUTES FOR EXECUTIVES by law.

13)illegal immigrants and companies using them: If found, you are photographed and identified and returned to your country of origin. But....

I will have 2 more laws passed:

Law 1) Any company caught knowingly hiring or remaining willfully ignorant of hiring an illegal shall have its management (all they way up to CEO if they knew about it or tried to make sure they couldn't) fined no less than $10,000 per illegal and shall be imprisoned in no less than a medium security prison for a period of no less than 1 year per illegal employed. If they were not paying the illegals prevailing wages, the fine jumps to $20,000 per illegal and the prison sentence jumps to 5 years per illegal. These fines are paid, not by the company itself, but out of the managers personal money and shareholder profits, including retirements and dividends and the confiscation of property and this debt can not be removed with bankruptcy.

Law 2) Any illegal who turns themselves in along with the company that is hiring him, with proof he works for them and they know about his status or make sure to avoid the topic, shall be granted 1 year room and board in the US and a fast track for citizen ship with all fees paid but he still must do all the tests and meet all requirements to become a citizen as a reward for his good deed. During this time he is given a temporary visa and may also find a new job while doing this as it allows him to find work and save up for when he finishes his paperwork and can immediately establish themselves.

14) Import tax, nuff said.

15) Companies will be allowed only a limited percentage of their work for be part time or temporary and minimum wage will be raised to no less than cost of living for the area and adjusted yearly, no one will be required to work more than 40 hours, including managers. Salaried positions will be capped at no more than 40 hours. If they can't afford to pay you enough to live, they evidently don't need anyone to do the job. As things progress I hope to lower the required hours and adjust the pay as automation increases so the benefits can be given to all. If you have 50% of the population working 32 hours or more while the other 50% is unemployeed, then you can have the other 50% take some of that load and give everyone a break some. But the 2nd half of this one is up for debate and would be evaluted later before implementation to see how the other parts of effected things.

16) Any large scale fines or penalties levied against a company or corporation shall be paid out of the executives and shareholders money, not the companies. It is only when they take the risk that they actually try to avoid many of them. If it ruins them so be it, their decions have ruined others as well and they don't get handouts.

17) Repeal the Postal Accountabiltiy and Enhancement act.

18) Congress may no longer take money from the social security fund.

19) Homeland Security closed, NSA put on a VERY tight leash with a full investigation handled by a separate company.

20) Voting method changed to allow for more third party opinions.

21) Companies may no longer donate to anything. Only individuals and capped at their respective caps. Companies are not people, only people are people and no company is devoid of them.

22) No one may lobby while in Washington, they may only do so within the congressman or senators town and are barred from offering favors, donations, gifts, discounts or anything of any kind.

I have more, but this is a start.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would invade latin america and make the new broader at panama canal

So the solution to people like me is to get rid of me/kill me? hows that for free thinking society. So you win, and people like me show up, you kill them too? WOW, gota love those Obamanites...Hate me all you want, i never spouted so much hate as some of you, yet im the bad guy lol. There is murder in your voice, but murder for obama is a good thing! as long as your destroying people that dont think like you, thats GOOD! lol......

Mmo-c off topic seriously has some of the most stupid threads

Infracted: Please post constructively and contribute to the topic or don't post at all.
    Last edited by Wikiy; 2013-10-14 at 07:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mesima View Post
    Really? We couldn't cut it at college. By all means come do what we do. Live our world and walk in our shoes. You're a faceless nobody on the internet good luck saying that to a room full of veterans.
    gladly

/10char

What America needs to get back on track is a good old fashioned war. Jack up the Dow Jones, start it in New Jersey and there are so many of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't, I'd get banned for it. And I assure you, nobody has any idea what I'd do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

So the solution to people like me is to get rid of me/kill me? hows that for free thinking society. So you win, and people like me show up, you kill them too? WOW, gota love those Obamanites...Hate me all you want, i never spouted so much hate as some of you, yet im the bad guy lol. There is murder in your voice, but murder for obama is a good thing! as long as your destroying people that dont think like you, thats GOOD! lol......
    No. I'm not an Obamaite. I'm conservative.

And I think you're an out of your mind racist. I'll actually deconstruct it for you. Why not.

1.Send all government home, shut down everything but bare essentials, get ready for a rough but needed cleansing.
    Whats essential? Is NIH? Is the NSF? Is the FDA? Student Loans? Medicare? Medicaid? What about the many little parts of the Department of the Interior and Department of Agriculture which never interact with you personally, but are essential to business and farmers? Who is going to provide the servers they aren't providing.

Oh and another thing. You are aware we're not alone in this world right? If you, for example, declared the FDA non-essential, companies would still follow FDA guidelines, because every other country in the world has an FDA and they want to sell their wares there too. This kind of bare-bones government is impossible in a developed country. In fact, institutions like this are the mark of a developed country.

What would the millions of seniors who rely on Medicare do if you just ended it tomorrow?

2. Begin nation wide drilling for oil and gas on an enormous scale get shifts working 24/7 to create and get resources gathered.
    This is like a solution in search of a problem. The United States is the world's largest oil and gas producer, and it is drilling thanks to shale gas and new horizontal drilling techniques at a rate that vastly eclipses this country's ability to refine it.

You want to actually fix an energy problem? Double our Nuclear Power capacity, our Solar Power capacity and builds refineries till it hurts.

3. pull ALL troops home, and impose HUGE taxs on any business that had existed inside the USA within the last 15 years, that moved simply to turn a larger profit(dont ship us your garbage), do everything i can to force American made.
    And what do we do with the long term security commitments we've made with dozens of allies around the world whose entire security depends on us... and has for decades? Why should they be friends with us anymore, if we show such vile disregard for their saftey and wellfare. Of all your suggestions, this is one of the stupidiest. The nations where our troops lie, our fleets call to port, and we train with want us there. We garantee security in regions over large swathes of the globe. It's a commitment... a promise... made in good faith. The people there depend on us. What you are describing will unimaginably weaken America. Countries will throw in their lot with our adversaries, or just cease friendly relations with us whatsoever after such disrespect. Imagine if you were Japanese, and America, a country that your government is trying to deepen its security relationship with, says "we're leaving next year. Best of luck to you.". What a vile insult.

3. instantly cease all abortion/gay rights issues that are in any way linked to the government, those are personal/social issues that are too divisive and government doesnt need to touch them.
    Something like gay rights is an issue of liberty and equality. If we can't fight these issues, what's the point of our country at all? There is none. I can imagine another you, 50 years ago, saying the same thing about Civil Rights. "It's too divisive, let's not talk about it". Ridiculous.

4. force ALL workers in the USA that are not FULL CITIZENS to ONLY be able to work for harvesting and construction(fix your own country, america has bleed too much for our self to just give away what she has to offer freely)(unless attending college)
    Virtual slavery. Got it.

5.close down all borders, stop the immigration process, begin shipping out all illegals.(AGAIN grow some balls and fix your country)
    Im guessing your uneducated, because educated people, being in a university system, particularly in technical fields, know how much this country depends on immigration, particularly skilled immigration. We want computer scientists from India, electrical engineers from China, Chemists from Japan, business men from South Korea ALL to become American citizens. In a research setting, teams and labs are usually at least half foreign. We owe an immense amount to past and present immigrants. How many American nobel prize winners were immigrants or teh children of immigrants

The way you vocalize this is shameful. I'm assuming you're not an educated person.

6. impose a TRUE voting system that literally COUNTS every single vote, and make getting registered as detailed as getting a passport. ALL voting stations will be protected by militarty(no more thugs outside trying to scare folks away) Have MIT grads create a safe electronic voting system encryption keys and such.
    You know what the irony of this is? The MIT grad who would do this would more likely than not be of Asian, Indian or Hispanic decent. I didn't go to MIT. I went to Carnegie Mellon, and my school, the School of Computer science, is a peer of MIT. They put a premium on recruiting the very people you seem to despise.

Furthermore having a military run voting system is one of those nightmarish things that you don't actually want that only makes sense in a very naive way.

7.English as the ONLY language, and start requiring ALLEGIANCE to AMERICA(all businesses say the pledge each day before shift starts), aka you don't come here hate us send all your money home. Find ways to limit the sending of cash for the sole purpose of supporting ones family overseas, AGAIN fix your OWN damn country!!! MAN UP, too many cowards.
    This is just... bizarre. Businesses declaring Allegiance to America at the start of the business day? You do know it's the year 2013 and these are multinationals right?

8. install the largest missile defense system known to man. And KICK OUT THE UN along with all diplomats.
    You don't know what you're talking about. The Russians are not stupid people. Neither are the Chinese. They are every bit as smart and as cunning as we are. Do you know why our meager missile defense system freaks them out? Because they know that were we ever to get into a nuclear war, we would fire. No matter what, we would strike first, at their launch sites. We would hit the vast majority of them. The roughly two dozen warheads that make it off the ground would then be dealt with our meager missile defense system.

You don't need a "large missile defense system" unless that's code word for showing how big your cock is. It's dumb as shit and it's expensive to maintain. Also our system barely works after 30 years of work put into it because the problem is inherently challenging. But that aside, a large system isn't needed unless you have no idea about strategic deterrence.

Also kicking out the UN. Are you kidding? Having the UN in New York is a GIFT to America. How is having a permanent seat, veto power and ability to control the conversation in the world's leding forum a bad thing. It enhances our power, not weakens it. It gives us unparalleled access to diplomats. The Secretary of state just has to go to New York to converse with delegates from 200+ nations. Other nations would kill for that privlege. And you want to give it up... why?

9. Freedom and liberty shirk the government FREEDOM for AMERICANS not foreign "guests"
    You need to get out more.

This was a better response than you deserve. But maybe it'll educate you. Who knows.

We went to war to stop fascists like is on display in the opening post and those fighting it was called the greatest generation ever.

If i got a chance i would do 1 thing and 1 thing only, clear the country of fascists and racists. and once that is done the rest of the problems will sort out itself fairly quickly no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by lizon View Post
    This won't solve anything. We don't have the refineries to handle the extra supply. Furthermore Oil is a commodity that is traded on the global market, prices for oil are set there. You could double or triple our oil output and it won't make a dent in prices given the current rate of demand and the exponential growth of the global economy.

Here's my list:

1. Constitutional Amendment instituting term limits for members of congress, both houses. 2 terms in the senate or 3 terms in the house, no more than 12 years total between both. While we're at it can we add a basic IQ test as well as regular physiology checkups for those who serve in office?

2. Cut military spending on the F-35 program and the M1-A1 retrofit program, both of which are unwanted by the Military. Reallocate those funds to education nation wide.

3. Completely revamp our education system from top to bottom that will provide paths for students to get a leg up in this economy. Student can choose to goto college or they can get a tradeskill certification when they graduate HS. Regardless there should be options for people. Teachers need more funding, the community needs to get involved. Tailor each program on a local level with federal funding to help kick start the revamp.

4. Streamline regulations and the certification process involving the commercial space industry. Provide more money to NASA so they can do their work in developing the next generation of heavy lift rockets while the commercial industry takes over our LEO operations and begins industrializing it for mass commercialization. Everything from Micro-gravity Medical Labs to Space Tourism.

5. Single Payer Healthcare system. Let us join the rest of the civilized world in healthcare.

6. Begin slowly rolling back federal subsidies to the Oil and Farm industries, as well as a variety of other subsidy programs and reallocate those funds to a Manhattan style project to make affordable commercial Fusion Power a reality.

7. Pass an Amendment stating that corporations are NOT people and as such have no voice when it comes to public contributions to election campaigns.

8. Another Amendment specifying that the Speaker of the House requires a 2/3rds majority to be selected and that individual cannot hold any public office during their term. A Speaker cannot hold that office position for no longer than 8 years total.

9. End the war on drugs and treat drug addiction not as a crime but as a disease. Ignore the Lumber Lobby and make Hemp production legal in the US once again.

10. Immigration reform bill that streamlines the process and gets rid of the current quota system. If people have the means and desire to live in this country they should be allowed to. Provided of course that they follow our laws and aren't some crazy person. Provide a path for citizenship for those who are already undocumented in the country. Let us get those people on the Local, State, and Federal Tax roles and give them the opportunity to contribute to the public institutions that run our country.
    I'd actually agree with most of this and it would most likely be my course of action as well all things considered. With the possible exception of number 5, I'd just want to do a little personal research to see what I thought the best solution would be; because even now I don't know as a person what it is.

Other than that I'd institute a national open carry permit. Obtaining one would require four relatively simple procedures. First: proof of citizenship. Second: passing a background check. Third: passing a safety course taught by a certified professional. Fourth: Pass a basic marksmanship test to prove you can hit what you're aiming at. Every two years you would have to pass a marksmanship test and a background check to make sure that you hadn't become ineligible to carry.

Term limits for Congress and Senate. Two terms for Congress, no more than three to four for Senate. Complete ban on lobbying after serving in office. Find another way to make a living.

Permanent revocation of the silent filibuster. If you want to do it you have to stand there and talk until you can't talk anymore. Just like how it was supposed to work.

Cessation of support for the corn lobby so that family farmers are able to grow more crops and broaden the food supply and thus widen their marketability.

Research into hydroponic technology and geothermal energy.

That's all I can think of right now.
    “Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”
    ― G.K. Chesterton

I'm not just a white knight. I'm a freaking Paladin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well. The OP gave me a good laugh... he isn't serious is he?
    Aye mate

No one seriously wants to get rid of you dude but you're ideas are really out there, and are kind of dangerous and essentially fascist in every sense of the word.
    “Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”
    ― G.K. Chesterton

I'm not just a white knight. I'm a freaking Paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by akamurdoch View Post
    break the union and allow states to truly govern themselves.
    That wouldn't last very long. We would have about 20-25 3rd world Republican run states in a matter of months.

Deleted
    1. Legalize weed.
    2. Legalize gay marriage
    3. make my birthday a national holiday
    4. Bring the troops back.
    5. Apologize to anyone America invaded in the last 30 years.
    6. Close the borders
    7. Throw out any republican who doesn't agree with logical things
    8. Abortion for everyone
    9. Animal rights, make sex with a horse illegal.
    10. Have a stricter policies on gun law.

1. make most drugs legal and tax the crap out of them
    2. get rid of welfare, social security, unemployment, and all other government handouts
    3. make life in prison mean death, and it would happen same day. no waiting.
    4. create equal tax for all, if you make more, good job, you earned it and don't deserve to lose 60%
    5. make failed lawsuits punishable by the same amount they were suing for, no court case needed. you lose, you pay.
    6. remove all religion from public and state schools
    7. reinstate eye for an eye, you kill someone, you get killed, you steal something, you pay back what you took double. you stab someone you get stabbed.
    8. close the borders to everyone and deport all illegal immigrants
    9. create a real gladiator once again for those who opt in after being sentenced to death, reward is 1 year of life in prison before death
    10. make it so claiming race as a motive for anything, punishable by a large fine
    11. legalize all guns
    Last edited by The Oblivion; 2013-10-14 at 07:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol at the people taking this thread seriously. Lets be honest none of you (including myself) could make the country any better with just our own biased ideas so lets make this the joke thread it is.
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

10+ Year Old Account

So are you going to get out? Leave it all to the native Indians? Because everyone besides them are illegal immigrants.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    1. make most drugs legal and tax the crap out of them
    2. get rid of welfare, social security, unemployment, and all other government handouts
    3. make life in prison mean death, and it would happen same day. no waiting.
    4. create equal tax for all, if you make more, good job, you earned it and don't deserve to lose 60%
    5. make failed lawsuits punishable by the same amount they were suing for, no court case needed. you lose, you pay.
    6. remove all religion from public and state schools
    7. reinstate eye for an eye, you kill someone, you get killed, you steal something, you pay back what you took double. you stab someone you get stabbed.
    9. create a real gladiator once again for those who opt in after being sentenced to death, reward is 1 year of life in prison before death
    10. make it so claiming race as a motive for anything, punishable by a large fine
    11. legalize all guns
    Wow you are almost as bad as the OP.