Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Destro: GoSac for most of SOO?

I don't consider myself the best destro lock in the world, but I can't get my Fel Imp to do more than 2.2% of my damage (and less than 1% on AoE-heavy fights like Galakras). On the other hand, non-FnB Incinerate + non-FnB Conflagrate + Fel Flame + Shadowburn is usually 30-50% of my damage (even on Galakras). Theorycraft indicates that GoSac would be a 4.5-7.5% buff for me.

So when people are suggesting that GoSac and GoSup are about equal for destro, are they eking more DPS out of their pet or are they relying on the 4 GoSac-buffed spells less?

10+ Year Old Account
    Grimoires roughly equal on a single target fight, but GoSac pulls way ahead on anything where your ember generation/# of shadowburns is high. There's not really any reason to use a pet on any of the fights unless you really love em.

Quote Originally Posted by Furtylol View Post
    Grimoires roughly equal on a single target fight, but GoSac pulls way ahead on anything where your ember generation/# of shadowburns is high. There's not really any reason to use a pet on any of the fights unless you really love em.
    Furthermore, there are a number of anti-pet fights. Dark shamans springs to mind, those freaking walls were designed entirely to piss off warlocks.

The way it works out is, GoSac likes mastery single target, GoSup/Serv like haste. So, it just happens to work out that because we prefer mastery due to aoe/cleave, gosac pulls ahead single target by a good bit.

Technically, GoSup should be ahead on something thats extremely high aoe because GoSac doesn't effect FaB spells, so you get the free ~30k dps or whatever your pet does thrown on top of the aoe to a single target. The only fight that springs to mind though is immerseus heroic, outside of that most fights are MOSTLY single target.

Haha yeah, even the trash before Dark Shamans is pet unfriendly. I use my "your pet is dead" WeakAura to remind me to retalent GoSac for that boss, but it sounds like I should just stay GoSac.

Thanks for the info!

Pretty much the more you aoe on a fight the less effective gosac is going to be (since it does nothing for your aoe)

Single target will be about the same and cleave will favor gosac.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Pretty much the more you aoe on a fight the less effective gosac is going to be (since it does nothing for your aoe)

Single target will be about the same and cleave will favor gosac.
    nononononono

more aoe = more shadowburns/embers = more chaos bolts = more damage from gosac

Deleted
    idd, furty, any fight where you get a lot of embers and can convert them into more chaos bolts and shadowburns will favor GoSac greatly, basically your run of the mill aoe/multitarget fight like nazgrim or spoils, on fights like iron juggernaut or malkorok which is entirely single target(for us atleast) it wont really matter much which of the grimoires you take but since we'll most likely have a lot of mastery and GoSac likes mastery, GoSac should pull slightly ahead on single target fight.

gosup on h shamans to ignore iron prisons

Deleted
    Unless I need my Imp for anything, I'll GoSac for comfort.

As the "best" lock on my server put it : "GoSac or go home."

Deleted
    I'm in the process of transferring to a more progressed guild, for Iron Jugg hc I was planning on using the shivarra as I think they use the knock back strat into the corner.

Probably the only time I'll use GoSup.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Regarding GoSac, with the way Chaos Bolt works with the DoT at the end, is that affected by Pandemic? That is to say, if I was chain casting Chaos Bolts would there be a DPS loss when the Chaos Bolt DoT was refreshed? Pretty sure it used to have an issue, but I can't see anything currently regarding it.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

I Suspicious that with Totem trinket even on single target Gosac would be better for Destro.

Quote Originally Posted by Luminoth4 View Post
    Regarding GoSac, with the way Chaos Bolt works with the DoT at the end, is that affected by Pandemic? That is to say, if I was chain casting Chaos Bolts would there be a DPS loss when the Chaos Bolt DoT was refreshed? Pretty sure it used to have an issue, but I can't see anything currently regarding it.
    The damage is exactly the same. It's not higher, not lower.
    If the first CB tick would do 30k/tick for 3 ticks and the second would do 40k/tick for 3 ticks, it would probably look like this:
    Tick 1:30k
    Tick 2:30k
    Tick 3:70k
    Tick 4:40k
    Tick 5:40k
    Or 210k damage.
    3x30+3x40=210k damage as well.

Quote Originally Posted by JV Chequer View Post
    I Suspicious that with Totem trinket even on single target Gosac would be better for Destro.
    It is better even without the trinket. Or there's a really small difference and when you have to take into account pet moving/dying or extra ember generation through cleave, extra SB's, targets for RoF... well GoSac seems the way to go for destro this tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    It is better even without the trinket. Or there's a really small difference and when you have to take into account pet moving/dying or extra ember generation through cleave, extra SB's, targets for RoF... well GoSac seems the way to go for destro this tier.
    Enjoy it before 5% nerf on 5.4.1

/backfromthefuture

Deleted

/backfromthefuture
    They never let us have anything fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Furtylol View Post
    nononononono

more aoe = more shadowburns/embers = more chaos bolts = more damage from gosac
    Except when you're aoeing you're sometimes casting shadowburn (IF you even have time to get one off before a mob dies) and pretty much never casting chaosbolt because neither of those is aoe...

Then again I'm talking in 25 man heroic scenario's, 10 man may be a totally different ball game where you actually have time to shadowburn in aoe situations. iono

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the only reason someone would go gosup is for Nazgrim defensive stance waiting for new adds or Thok to have the Voidlord stand on the tank to explode shields. Other than that GoSac all the way I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Except when you're aoeing you're sometimes casting shadowburn (IF you even have time to get one off before a mob dies) and pretty much never casting chaosbolt because neither of those is aoe...

Then again I'm talking in 25 man heroic scenario's, 10 man may be a totally different ball game where you actually have time to shadowburn in aoe situations. iono

I find I am able to do quite a bit of shadowburn cleaving in aoe situations, stick havoc on highest health target, shadow burn 3 individual targets that are low for a stack of embers back. Great for extra dmg on garrosh and works well for quick dmg on some of the more important nazgrim/galakras adds.

/backfromthefuture
    What's sad is despite the fact that nothing has been said by the devs, a warlock is insane if they don't expect this to happen again.

Any time that talent breaks even with Supremacy, into the nerf bin it goes!