Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    @Nobodysbaby:

It really is a pain trying to have a conversation if you won't read anything outside of your own head.

@Blergy

You can't really make a generalization out of thok, since:
    - the mechanics of the fight force most healers (not only priests) to make uncommon uses of their toolkits.
    - If you watch the same logs closely, you'll notice Lyrixe's was a rather lucky run, with over 60% crits on DS.
    - Damage in thok isn't constant, it comes in pulses, so PoM healing will be lower than usual.
    - There is little atonement going on because during stacked phase it's much less efficient than DS and IF+PoH, and in phase 2 the healing needs are reduced so it's more of a mana regen phase (you can see that on the graph).
    - With a stacked group and locked out of PoH it is obvious that the bulk of her healing will come from well timed (and rather lucky in this case) divine stars and the DA from previous crits.
    - It's not "uncommon use" for Disc at all to have such high % from Aegis+lvl 90talents.
    - 60% crit is not luck
    - Pulsing dmg is not in this raid as much as before. It's more heavy bursts with a lot of downtime with random ST dmg, wich Hpri isn't good at healing.

Well, the same to you, it is a pain trying to talking to you about Disc. Seems you aren't that aware of how it works. Whats your progress btw?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by laplacedemon View Post
    Removing diminishing returns was a band-aid fix and as we know, since Blizzard doesn't like big changes during the expansion, that's all we are going to get.
    They din't implement the DR cause they simply could not do it in a functional way.

It's no reason to let them be OP either; it would probably be quite easy to rebalance the other spells if they wanted to nerf lvl 90 talents aswell.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    you have to count the damage of a disc priest
    Yes, that's what GC said pre patch to. But seems they forgot all about it, hu?

Quote Originally Posted by nobodysbaby View Post
    - Pulsing dmg is not in this raid as much as before. It's more heavy bursts with a lot of downtime with random ST dmg, wich Hpri isn't good at healing.
    It isn't? I always had the impression holy was exceptional in healing heavy bursts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    It isn't? I always had the impression holy was exceptional in healing heavy bursts.
    Not heavy burst enough to differentiate in holy's favor. I havent done HC, but in flex I cant remember a phase where the raid was taking PoH worthy damage for longer than maybe 10 seconds. There were plenty of those in ICC for example.

The worst damage for holy priest is random ~20% hits. We have no spell to fix that. Heal would be the "best" in terms of mana, but is SO SLOW that a random smartcast will probably snipe it instead. Flash heal is out too, since once you start patching up random single target damage with flash, you are very, very soon out of mana. Make Divine Insight proc off a Flash heal and we could have a deal.

EDIT: People were for the longest time very unhappy of PoH performance for heavy burst usage. I feel that PoH is pretty nice right now, but too bad you aren't going to cast it that often. I've played since TBC and there was always the idea that "Oh crap this group damage is huge, we NEED A HOLY PRIEST WITH PRAYER OF HEALING". Now "every healer wins" ideology blizzard has is like playing musical chairs with more chairs than players.
    Last edited by mmoc44269177a7; 2013-10-20 at 03:44 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    We used to be great, but with todays measure we are slow healers who benefit heavy ongoing raid dmg. That has much to do with other healers simply being faster and smarter than before, aegis on the raid pre dmg, mushroom bloom, smart HR, smart totems etcetc and suddenly PoH and our mastery feels immensly slow, even thoughtits absolutly is powerful, no question. Probably thats the biggest reason we got such insane % overheal.

Again, ppl are slow adjusting and understanding how healing works and still believe things are no different from previuos tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    Super crappy lightwell was the most mana efficient heal in the game during those 5 years (at times when mana actually mattered a lot btw). The problem wasn't the lightwell, it was super crappy raiders that didn't click it.
    If you feel that your toolkit should allow raiders to heal themselves, perhaps you should choose a different role.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    If you feel that your toolkit should allow raiders to heal themselves, perhaps you should choose a different role.
    Well my iPhone just froze and deleted my post.
    Summary: holy suffers same problems as MW: absorbs, buffed throughoutCDs making us useless in our "time to shine", and lacking smart heals in the level that raham have to heal against absorbs and said CDs.

From a 25m progression raiding standpoint (not BL/method level, but top 25 world), the bright side is anytime you don't have the ability to contribute meaningfully as holy, you can go disc and be useful. And by useful, I mean one of the most powerful healers in the raid.

Holy mechanics don't fit in the paradigm of disc/rsham dominance via absorbs/smart heals. That's really what it comes down to. Nor do they get a guaranteed raid spot via tank healing akin to holy pallies.( though disc are strong here too.)

Overall healing is just to strong for holy/rdruid/MW to be "good" this tier.

Deleted
    I'm playing a holy priest in 10mans, and my teammates are a disc priest and a holy paladin who then wonder why I'm not doing quite as good on meters. Grinds my gears, I tell you, grinds my gears. I love the spec, but I absolutely do NOT love the useless feeling I get when paired up with these two.

Edit: And I can't count the times I did twice the dispels of these two or laid down feathers or did whatever else useful to the raid when these two stood in fire. GRINDS. MY. GEARS.

I feel your pain i had to raid with 2 disc priests and 2 holy paladins, not fun most of time nothing to heal at all thinking of going back crit to 20% so i can switch to disc where holy isn't as strong.