Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lightbulb Heroes of the Storm (evidence on the name)

I've been following all the news on speculation on whether the next expansion is Heroes of the Storm and if so what will it be. many people do not think that this is the name of the next expansion and i'm personally on the fence about it all.

I just wanted to clarify something.
    I was looking at a mounts website when I came across a mount called 'Stormcrow'. It was found in the 5.4 database but I have not heard anything about it. I then searched them up on the wiki and this is what I found.

"Their habits are much like that of their lesser brethren, but their size and speed earns them special regard. Superstitions say that seeing a solitary storm crow flying across the sky above the horizon means that a great storm is on its way. Storm crows are most famous for the fact that druids can take their shape"

Obviously there is a storm coming but do you think that this is a great hint at the next expansion being called Heroes of the Storm?

Promo mount for Blizzards dota IMHO.
    or the next exp. whatever
    Last edited by Dnusha; 2013-10-14 at 08:01 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hail Science View Post
    also a crow cannot give any idea for next expansion in my opinion.
    crows, shapeshifting, druids,emerald nightmare boom!

i think that it is a hint for the HOTS expansion :P

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Science View Post
    I don't think so. We got too many evidence for a Legion themed expansion and also a crow cannot give any idea for next expansion in my opinion.
    Yeah the stormcrow can be related to legion? I never said it wasnt legion I said it could be some evidence for the 'NAME' of the next expansion. Heroes of the Storm could be a legion expansion

perhaps all the legion stuff is a misdirection to take sights from the real expansion... we should know more soon though

The problem I have with that being the expansion title is that it doesn't really fit the trend. Every other expansion title has been a thing or idea, not a person.

Burning Crusade
    Wrath of the Lich King
    Cataclysm
    Mists of Pandaria

Heroes of the Storm

It just seems off to me.
    Last edited by Phasma; 2013-10-14 at 08:12 AM.

Deleted
    This quote from Wowpedia needs to be acknowledged by everyone on the forum.

The Rift of Aln is a vast, deep fissure in a small corner located deep within the Emerald Dream, from which is thought by the druids that the Dream itself originated from. The druids also believe that it bleeds into the Twisting Nether and the Great Dark Beyond.

Gazing into it, Malfurion Stormrage saw it as a bottomless chasm which radiated with primeval energies that even he dared not investigate. Indeed, the very rift itself seemed half-dreamed, for it had a surreal quality to its expanse and to the archdruid now and then seemed to ripple as if ready to fade or change.

Curiously, only then did Malfurion truly sense that the ancient evil, though it fought to keep its grip there, did so from somewhere deep in the depths of Azeroth's own seas.

Malfurion and Tyrande Whisperwind cleansed the Emerald Dream everywhere, except in the rift where the Nightmare stubbornly held firm. There was no point to keep pushing, as the people of Azeroth still needed the couple's help. Thus, Malfurion sealed off the vicinity around the rift, he and Tyrande silently agreeing that the day had been saved, and this was another war that would have to wait for a better time.

The rift mentioned in the novel appears to be connected to the Rift in the Maelstrom. It may even be the same location, only as seen inside the Emerald Dream.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phasma View Post
    The problem I have with that being the expansion title is that it doesn't really fit the trend. Every other expansion title has been a thing or idea, not a person.

Burning Crusade
    Wrath of the Lich King
    Cataclysm
    Mists of Pandaria

Heroes of the Storm

It just seems off to me.
    The thing is, 'Heroes' is that 'idea' you speak of for the next expansion. We are the heroes, the Army of Light, to stand against the Legion. It is now the age of mortals, after the Aspects 'retired'. Heroes makes perfect sense. Plus, we'll be seeing two very significant Heroes returning; Turalyon and Alleria.

didn't MMO Champ report that heroes of the storm was registered in the category of games or apps for iphones/ipads and other similar devices? still doesn't sound like an expansion to me *shrug* find out in November either way
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

10+ Year Old Account
    For all we know, that Stormcrow is the mount you get when you get collectors edition? It's surely a possibility. However we don't know yet, we will know in a months time.

Since when have mounts given hints towards expansions?
    Quote Originally Posted by mofi View Post
    crows, shapeshifting, druids,emerald nightmare boom!
    Half-Life 3 confirmed?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reserk View Post
    For all we know, that Stormcrow is the mount you get when you get collectors edition? It's surely a possibility. However we don't know yet, we will know in a months time.
    Was the quillien mount for MoP collector's datamined in the final patch (or earlier) for Cataclysm?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Was the quillien mount for MoP collector's datamined in the final patch (or earlier) for Cataclysm?
    I'm not exactly sure. As I said, maybe it is. I didn't bring it across as fact?

- - - Updated - - -

Looking through you are correct in that it wasn't. Now I believe that's 99% unlikely to happen. The mount and pet were revealed pretty close to being received if I read up correctly.
    Last edited by Reserk; 2013-10-14 at 08:19 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Half-Life 3 confirmed?
    Isn't it...?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phasma View Post

Burning Crusade
    Wrath of the Lich King
    Cataclysm
    Mists of Pandaria

Heroes of the Storm

It just seems off to me.
    NPC in the game refer to players as champion or hero. Burning Legion are always linked to the "Green storm"

Their is a storm coming and the "Heros" needs to stand united together to save their world bla bla bla

- - - Updated - - -

Also to point out... the heart of the aspect mount is Deathwing in his armorless form (Same model as spine of DW)

Doesn't that trademark include tablets and iPhones? I don't think a WoW expansion would include those.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Doesn't that trademark include tablets and iPhones? I don't think a WoW expansion would include those.
    And purely app oriented software wouldn't require discs to install... lol

Unless of course phones and tablets come with DVD drives now..

10+ Year Old Account
    November needs to come sooner, and then we can deal with the "WTF Expansion is X" Or I was right about "X" threads like we do every time this happens.

Then we can deal with the Y feature in expansion X ruined the game and wow is dying threads.

and after that the cycle repeats. The Circle of wow, and all it's glory.
    Last edited by Melsiren; 2013-10-14 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boostlad View Post
    I've been following all the news on speculation on whether the next expansion is Heroes of the Storm and if so what will it be. many people do not think that this is the name of the next expansion and i'm personally on the fence about it all.

I just wanted to clarify something.
    I was looking at a mounts website when I came across a mount called 'Stormcrow'. It was found in the 5.4 database but I have not heard anything about it. I then searched them up on the wiki and this is what I found.

"Their habits are much like that of their lesser brethren, but their size and speed earns them special regard. Superstitions say that seeing a solitary storm crow flying across the sky above the horizon means that a great storm is on its way. Storm crows are most famous for the fact that druids can take their shape"

Obviously there is a storm coming but do you think that this is a great hint at the next expansion being called Heroes of the Storm?
    Half-Life 3 confirmed.

Translation:

Storm is a word, in the English (well, also Dutch) language, it derives from a German word sturm, both have the same literal meaning "inclement weather". The figurative use of storm as "a fierce eruption as of a literal storm" is first found used in Old English, also a very long-ago usage.

Being a very old word, it's used dozens of times in nearly any English-language piece of creative writing. There are probably hundreds of instances of "Storm", even as a proper noun, sprinkled throughout World of Warcraft, referring to probably dozens of individual things or concepts.

It's use in any one of them is, therefore, inconclusive without corroboration. Hell, all of them taken together is still inconclusive. You might as well say "Good lord, I've just noticed that there's thousands of things in World of Warcraft that reference the word 'night', I'm starting to believe this leak that says the next expansion is called 'World of Warcraft: Night, Night, Sleep Tight, Don't Let the Bed Bugs Bite'!"

I'm not chastising you for your excitement, but you should be more pragmatic

Deleted
    People keep using the word "evidence".

I do not think it means what they think it means.

Quote Originally Posted by Turmoill View Post
    Isn't it...?
    No, it isn't. The Half Life 3 trademark was The Dark Below'd.