Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Unholy T16 4 set

Anyone have any ideas on the best way to play with it? Got it last night so not had a lot if time with it. Is it better to just spam death coil as and when I can or should still I pool rp to rebuff Timmy ASAP once it's over?
    Getting the feeling that I should extend as much as possible unless I know a good ams soak is coming to get him buffed up again.

I'm sure there must be some way to calculate it.

Quote Originally Posted by stephenc87 View Post
    Anyone have any ideas on the best way to play with it? Got it last night so not had a lot if time with it. Is it better to just spam death coil as and when I can or should still I pool rp to rebuff Timmy ASAP once it's over?
    Getting the feeling that I should extend as much as possible unless I know a good ams soak is coming to get him buffed up again.

I'm sure there must be some way to calculate it.
    sadly the T16 is quite bad for Unholy. I´d for for other pieces instead with alot more crit and mastery.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rashi View Post
    sadly the T16 is quite bad for Unholy. I´d for for other pieces instead with alot more crit and mastery.
    Ah that's a shame. I'm still enjoying unholy and trust Blzzard to have the specs are close enough to eachother that I can play what I enjoy. I've just gotten capable at unholy, don't want to end up putting myself behind again trying to learn frost.
    Got 75% ghoul uptime on malkorok with it and had minimal ams soaking since no one missed a pool so I was pretty happy with that since I'm usually close to 60%, which I know should probably be higher.

Ah that's a shame. I'm still enjoying unholy and trust Blzzard to have the specs are close enough to eachother that I can play what I enjoy. I've just gotten capable at unholy, don't want to end up putting myself behind again trying to learn frost.
    Got 75% ghoul uptime on malkorok with it and had minimal ams soaking since no one missed a pool so I was pretty happy with that since I'm usually close to 60%, which I know should probably be higher.
    The quote you responded to on this says it all, it's underwhelming for Unholy and you should avoid it if you can. Having WF items in the off spots will be a bigger benefit.

Malkorok has a good bit of AMS soaking on it, just pop AMS on CD during the miasma phase for a good free 60-80 runic and also having a much reduced CD on it. It won't overfill you on resources as well as giving you some free DC's.

Congratulations with 4t16, now you ready to play frost lol
    On topic-bad stats to keep for UH, bad setbonus to keep for UH. I can imagine thok heroic as the only fight where you might benefit from it, but I doubt it at the same time
    Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    It forces you to double tap. that's it. It's a great change.
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    It's just so you can say you tapped something twice that day.

Deleted
    Why is the 4 set rated so great for frost?
    Looking at my fellow DK's logs, he's only getting 1-2% damage from it so doesn't seem amazing to me.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why is the 4 set rated so great for frost?
    Looking at my fellow DK's logs, he's only getting 1-2% damage from it so doesn't seem amazing to me.
    Because guy who calculated it made mistake in his first post about set bonuses and it doubled the effect of 4set, he repaired his mistake few days later, but dmg has been done and lots of ppl still think it is super awesome, while in reality it is just average (slightly above avg with cd reduction trinket) set bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakki View Post
    Because guy who calculated it made mistake in his first post about set bonuses and it doubled the effect of 4set, he repaired his mistake few days later, but dmg has been done and lots of ppl still think it is super awesome, while in reality it is just average (slightly above avg with cd reduction trinket) set bonus.
    I still find it funny how when other dk's in my group got the 4 set they were like "get ready to get wrecked Max".
    Then I still blow past em even on aoe (cept short burst like if you pull Nazgrim with his free trash on the first pull).
    I pointed out how it's so low for em and they just got confused and went mad trying to find out why haha

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    I still find it funny how when other dk's in my group got the 4 set they were like "get ready to get wrecked Max".
    Then I still blow past em even on aoe (cept short burst like if you pull Nazgrim with his free trash on the first pull).
    I pointed out how it's so low for em and they just got confused and went mad trying to find out why haha
    Sorry but if a 4/4 dw frost dk is properly gearing/playing and is losing in cleave fights to an unholy dk he's doing something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by scabobos View Post
    Sorry but if a 4/4 dw frost dk is properly gearing/playing and is losing in cleave fights to an unholy dk he's doing something wrong.
    Not if they aren't BIS, Frost got a lot of hype and good looks from the PTR but a lot of people missed that it's the top spec when in full BIS.
    I slightly outgear the DW dk, so I know that also weighs into it. Overall though if we both went full BIS he SHOULD be beating me.

Not if they aren't BIS, Frost got a lot of hype and good looks from the PTR but a lot of people missed that it's the top spec when in full BIS.
    I slightly outgear the DW dk, so I know that also weighs into it. Overall though if we both went full BIS he SHOULD be beating me.
    I cant really comment, but more times than not its player skill that is determining who is beating who.

Quote Originally Posted by scabobos View Post
    I cant really comment, but more times than not its player skill that is determining who is beating who.
    I make no comments on the skill of my fellow death knight raiders, they are both good guys so I always avoid that topic ~

Don't forget UH scales better with gear, 4p is rather quality of life change for me, (spamming DC without timing much super ghoul).

anyone else notice the terrible damage of the 4 set? sorry DW-frost it seems its only doing 1.5-2% of my overall damage, and many times on movement fights or strong aoe, its on the very low side of that. .9-1.6% overall its all over the board. so far garbage, not what it was suppose to be at all
    Last edited by damescool; 2013-10-19 at 03:36 AM.

It should be roughly 2.5% of your damage on single targets and more while aoeing, unless you're doing something unusual or using a weird gear setup.

[QUOTE=Shiira;22950564]It should be roughly 2.5% of your damage on single targets and more while aoeing, unless you're doing something unusual or using a weird gear setup.[/QUOTE

ah, i looked back at logs, it was about 2.1-2.5% on most fights, i think i clipped in adds before the pull on a few fights so the no damage time lapse threw me off. thanks for the response.

[QUOTE=damescool;22951226]
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    It should be roughly 2.5% of your damage on single targets and more while aoeing, unless you're doing something unusual or using a weird gear setup.[/QUOTE

ah, i looked back at logs, it was about 2.1-2.5% on most fights, i think i clipped in adds before the pull on a few fights so the no damage time lapse threw me off. thanks for the response.
    That sounds about right I assume you have the cooldown trinket that increases the % of our 4 piece, i find its only 1.5% for me but I don't have that trinket yet. but 4 Piece is pretty lackluster for both specs.

You are a very strange guy that compares 4PC on AoE situations.
    Your fellow DKs are very strange guys or slightly undergeared.

I make no comments on the skill of my fellow death knight raiders, they are both good guys so I always avoid that topic ~
    Uh-huh.

Off-topic: DW frost mentioned that 4pc buffed also by Evil Eye. Why you aren ot mentioning Thok? Icy spike is frost damage, buffed by mastery.
    On-topic:The only situation where I can imagine UH 4PC being valuable is Thok(high mastery for partly-festerblight gaming and crazy garg bursts) if you are letting pet follow the boss all fight. Other then that, I doubt having even 2PC as UH. Haven't tried that, but I'm pretty sure it's not that strong with current haste values.
    Last edited by Minoan; 2013-10-21 at 03:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    It forces you to double tap. that's it. It's a great change.
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    It's just so you can say you tapped something twice that day.

The 4 set for unholy is pretty meh, the 4 set for Frost is 3%ish single target, not bad at all.

agreed wish they would do something about it but i guess its not too awful