Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    If you can't kick him, demote him to non-raider status. He'll probably leave once he realizes that you guys are progressing fine without him.
    Last edited by Speaker; 2013-10-15 at 02:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    I so wish I could do that. Im the only officer that actually bothers to do anything for the guild. The gm shows up to raid, then logs off. Still doesn't have his legendary meta or properly researched his class changes. Most people who have been here for awhile and know him seem to be able to tolerate him. Its just new recruits that leave quickly due to him. Why, idk.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, example. He says things like "maybe if you pay attention or heal, we will actually get things killed". Or I for example say I figured out something and he says 'Imagine that, avoid the mechanic that hurts you helps keep you alive". Those types of comments.
    Maybe your other players should stop being shit.

It goes both ways.

10+ Year Old Account
    If he's not a friend of yours... Close your eyes, press the gkick button and put him on ignore. I've dealt with the SAME EXACT type of people before. They're like black holes that suck everyone's fun out of raiding. If he's a friend, tell him what's what as politely as possible and don't allow him to raid until he pretty much just gquits out of your life.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude are you serious? Kick him, and if your guild as shitty as you describe it, leave it. I don't understand why you need other people's help for this.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post

It goes both ways.
    Maybe you should go play with him in your own little guild of two, and the two of you can see which of you is best at calling the other "shit."

That sounds like a good use of $15/month right there.

10+ Year Old Account

It goes both ways.
    Even so, it does not warrant abusive behaviour from that guild member.

Anyways, to me it sounds like this player has a "God" complex and your higher ranking guild members need to knock him down a peg and put him in his place. He's not the raid leader; he's just a dps that is raiding for the guild. Nothing more, he needs to leave his attitude at the door and work with everyone else rather than putting them down and tarnishing your guild's reputation within the pug community. If your GM and other officers can't see this then you just need to leave and find a guild where everyone is respectful.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's probably reading this thread right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    wanting shit done is now seen as toxic behaviour? what the fuck guys..
    give the guy a damn gold medal for tolerating your shitty guild....

Hes a dps. He complains if we ask him to tank.
    After he drove away the first tank he'd have been out on his ass if I was GM.
    "It is a demonstration of incomprehensible hubris to quote one's self, especially in one's own forum signature."
    ¬PetersenIII

10+ Year Old Account
    My guild is currently 10/14N SoO. This is good compared to our luck the last two tiers. However, we have had a recurring problem with a veteran member of the guild. First, a bit of background. We started this expansion a few short. Raiders who didn't come back for what ever reason. This lead us to having to recruit a tank, and two healers. I got promoted to officer and got to recruiting. Now, the problem should have been fixed. Sadly, it didn't. Each time we recruit a new healer, within a month, this veteran raiders attitude chases them away. He has also managed to chase away every tank ive gotten. In total, we have gone through five tanks, 3-4dps, and over 10 healers, all because they can't stand this guy.

I am at a loss as to what to do. Even a good friend of mine who came from a hard core guild where an officer raged himself into the ER couldn't handle this guys attitude. He doesn't scream, he doesn't yell. Its literally just him. He has been here since before I was even in the guild. We have even had officers leave because of him.

Its getting to the point where I simply can't keep up. I get someone, he loses them. The last healer was within two days! Is there anything I can do? He has been here much longer then I, so I fear there is literally nothing I can do to get this to at least lessen. Im now having to deal with an OT who is lacking raid awareness or tanking capabilities so badly just so we can raid. Still don't have another healer. I don't think we can get very many more healers.

you are being pretty vague regarding how the guy acts. what does he do exactly? does he bad mouth people? is he ignorant of other classes but pretends to know all? does he yell and scream at other people?

mind you. being an officer does not mean be end all be all. it means keep things in line and manage. so manage. but if you and others are reacting to his behavior, but his behavior is actually valid and has facts then...things can get a little, reflective...

i have in my time across toxic players, but at the same time ive come across players who are more forward in voicing their concerns, which have been totally valid and factual and just gotten told "im the boss you are not" which is retarded.

not saying you are like that. but a little more info would be nice.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    But sure, if you're allergic to criticism I suppose you'd see any kind of feedback as "bitching like a 12 years old".
    Putting up with an endless amount of whinging without telling someone how much I'd love to hang them upside down from a tree by their feet and beat them with a baseball bat until they stopped making any noise at all is probably more difficult than any mechanic in the game by contrast. But maybe that's just me.

Being spiteful and snippy is not criticism. When you act like that, your group isn't fighting the dragon made out of pixel and code. They are fighting you. Which, if you ask me, is not what raiding should be about. Though I am sure that there are some who disagree. I mean I am not exactly a bucket of sunshine myself. But I don't whine, I try my best to do what is asked of me, and I don't do guild drama. I am an officer in my guild, I weigh in on recruitment and the destination of applicants, assist in leading the raid as well as criticize members of the raid and we generally have a pretty good time playing the game.

But a lot of the people who act like that way are scrubs. Almost every one of them is. I really don't think anyone has an excuse to act that way unless their goal is US100. Even then, there are plenty of guilds that are not US100 that get content down and have a good core with similar player ability.

I don't think it takes a sherlock holmes to figure out that said guild probably advertises themselves as very chill and laid back. Maybe if they advertised themselves as more hardcore and unforgiving their mission statement would be clear and they would attract players with similar interersts instead of throwaway applicants.

I suspect that the problem isn't "that guy" and you're just using him as a scapegoat for your actual problem, and that's your raid group actually isn't good enough to retain people.

If you think you're better than that, you're the one that should leave the guild. Blaming it on "that guy" is just a convenient excuse to avoid the elephant in the room, which is your guild's lack of reasonable progression.

Sure, it sounds romantic to think you can swing in and "save the guild" but realistically you've already given up on "that guy" so cut to the chase and find another guild.

Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    After he drove away the first tank he'd have been out on his ass if I was GM.
    Frankly if it was "that guy" who was causing all the problems it takes a very tolerant GM to not notice.
    Last edited by arcaneshot; 2013-10-15 at 03:51 AM.

When did TOXIC become the latest buzzword here and the official forums.

Anyway, from how mildly you're describing it, it sounds like your guild is a bunch of pussies with overinflated egos bigger than his that can't handle accepting when they mess up.

He's a dps. There are boatloads of them everywhere.
    Kick him and shame him on the server.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Get him kicked or leave if he's that disruptive.

Quote Originally Posted by Skillslam View Post

Anyway, from how mildly you're describing it, it sounds like your guild is a bunch of pussies with overinflated egos bigger than his that can't handle accepting when they mess up.
    Riot (League of Legends) uses that as an official term for disruptive players and since for some reason that game is about as addictive as crack to a lot of people, that makes the word cool.

It goes both ways.
    I'd maybe expect his type of behavior in a guild that's already on heroic progress by now, but for most of the normal guilds I've seen, those comments are not constructive at all. The people hearing it simply won't react to it the way he wants them to. Either that, or he's actually trying to be annoying. It came as a shock to me when I first joined a heroic guild, but realising how inferior I was in comparison, I eventually got over it and decided to get back at those people by outplaying them. That's the positive effect of it.

I still don't think that it's acceptable behavior in a normal guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im not sure if I would even be allowed to boot him. Hes our top dps, and has been in the guild since it was created in vanilla. My hands are literally tied in that respect.

- - - Updated - - -

Hes a dps. He complains if we ask him to tank.
    If your hands are literally tied, then what are you asking? Your hands aren't tied. You either boot him or leave. But you get to be the one that decides if you play with him or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    He's a dps. There are boatloads of them everywhere.
    Kick him and shame him on the server.
    No. Don't "shame him on the server". That's schoolgirl bullshit. Just kick him to the curb.

Someone asked this a few pages earlier, was the guy right? if i invite a new member to the raid to progress and the day of the raid he show sign of knowing shit about the fight, i bench him asap, if you state to the new member that the raid is in progression, you need to be prepared and research the fight, dying in the first two pulls because you dont know the "trick" of the fight is fine, but guessing is not.

Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    I suspect that the problem isn't "that guy" and you're just using him as a scapegoat for your actual problem, and that's your raid group actually isn't good enough to retain people.

If you think you're better than that, you're the one that should leave the guild. Blaming it on "that guy" is just a convenient excuse to avoid the elephant in the room, which is your guild's lack of reasonable progression.

One of the smartest answer of this thread, if i enter in a new guild and they are unforgiving about mistake AND they are worse than me, i just find another guild.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Get him kicked or leave if he's that disruptive.

Riot (League of Legends) uses that as an official term for disruptive players and since for some reason that game is about as addictive as crack to a lot of people, that makes the word cool.
    Toxic™
    Burden of knowledge™
    Anti-fun™
    Benched™
    Elo hell™
    Reported™
    Better nerf____™

I probably missing a lot of them, i haven't played lol in 1 year.

Decent dps for normals are a dime a dozen. He isnt worth the hassle of continuously losing tanks and healers. Boot him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    <snip>

Frankly if it was "that guy" who was causing all the problems it takes a very tolerant GM to not notice.
    Well you obviously haven't been in that type of guild. Believe me, there are & always have been plenty of them out there, past, present & future. GMs that have family, buddies or their GFs in guild will seem blind & blissfully unaware of some of the most ridiculous shit which in turn enables & even encourages ass-hattery to flourish. It often leads to the 'inner circle syndrome' & chases away most players, whether they are decent @ the game or not, causing eventual guild implosions, drama bombs or guilds that experience gquits 'suddenly', en masse.

Quote Originally Posted by Skillslam View Post

"Toxic" makes sense when it points to a condition or situation that leads to the decomposition & break down of any guild(s). Every single person in the guild either contributes or contaminates, simple as that.

No matter who you want to call pussies or babies or any other derogatory slam, this particular guy calling everyone out in passive aggressive, snide, stick up his ass ways isn't working for this guild or they wouldn't be losing so many recruits or needing to replace ppl so often.

Having a spine is great! But remember, spines DO bend and move. They aren't rigid. Don't confuse having an iron rod stuck up your ass with having a spine.

and again~

When ppl show you who they are, believe them the 1st time.

Tolerated behavior doesn't change.

We teach ppl how to treat us.

We get what we settle for.
    kintsukuroi
    ‘golden repair’, is the Japanese art of repairing pottery with gold or silver lacquer. The aesthetic philosophy focuses on imperfections rather than attempting to disguise them, with the intention that the piece becomes both more valuable and more beautiful because of its history and for having been broken.