Poll: What do you think?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Who said we should have just one achievement per raid boss?

Hi everyone.

As you may have noticed (and as the title says), Blizzard's raid bosses usually award just an achievement each. You can see it from SoO where, apart from Garrosh and the wings completion achievement, there's just an achievement per boss that isn't related to heroic mode.
    The same happened in DS and ICC, where for every bosses encounter (but the last), there was just an achievement for each that made you do different things other than playing the fight like you were supposed to play it.

I've never completed Ulduar while it was current content, but... why did we get away from that achievements model?
    Every bosses in there has at least 3 achievements on his own, and that is per difficulty (10/25). Except maybe for Razorscale.
    And then there was Yogg-saron, with 8 achievements per difficulty.
    Most of those achievements weren't needed for the meta. They just added something to do in that place, even when it was outdated content. As of today, out of 12 bosses, there are 12 achievements, and they are all part of a meta.

Would you like to see Ulduar's achievements model make a return?

EDIT: pool added.
    Last edited by Lord Pebbleton; 2013-12-20 at 05:42 PM.

Remember Ulduars design was different.

The Assembly of Iron gave 1 achievement depending on the pattern you followed. One for using an Iron Boot Flask and one for execution of mechanics.

I would like an achievement for downing siege in an all Orc raidgroup

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Would you like to see Ulduar's achievements model make a return?
    No I wouldn't, Those kind of achievements aren't fun for everyone, and as a previous guild officer, all I remember of it is a shitload of hassle to keep everyone happy and letting everyone get what they want. A few were individual, but many require teamwork for a vanity achievement. As i pointed out, not everyone appreciates it, so such achievements should be kept out of raids unless they belong in a meta. Metas should not be too huge either. I think they've found an okay balance there.

Ulduar felt like just walking around would grant an achievement. I still don't have all of them even after all this time.

Ulduar was one of, if not the, best and is one of my favorite raid tiers of all time. THat said, I think there were too many achievements.

Like others have said, they were a task and a half to do, to keep everyone happy and get everything done. It was a whole other beast of planning to do, on top of organizing raids and alt raids, as well as raid leading, recruitment, and training (which, as an officer and the tank/warrior class officer, just added an entire layer of difficulty to the jobs I already was responsible for). And that's not even counting getting everyone to agree on which set of achieves to do for the week and getting everyone to do it right.

I'd love if they added more achievements per raid/boss. Just not too many.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Ulduar felt like just walking around would grant an achievement. I still don't have all of them even after all this time.
    This, I'm an achievement whore, but Ulduar just had way too many. I like one logical/Easter egg achievement per boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    so would you feel better if lei shen conduct achivement was split into 4 achives? or getting buff from kalxxi reward one achivement for each? blizz just consolidated different things into one achivement.

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    Remember Ulduars design was different.

The Assembly of Iron gave 1 achievement depending on the pattern you followed. One for using an Iron Boot Flask and one for execution of mechanics.

I would like an achievement for downing siege in an all Orc raidgroup
    So you'd screw Alliance/non-orc players out of an achivement completely?
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

Yeah there were just a bit too many achievements in ulduar for my taste. Doing some of them over and over again to make sure all the new raiders had it too really got boring. Iron Dwarf Medium rare still gives me nightmares : <

10+ Year Old Account
    So, do you support the actual way of things, or would like something more (but not overstuffed like Ulduar)?

No I think one achievement per boss is fine

I'd like more fun achieves like the one in the Al'akir 5 man where you pick up orbs hidden round the dungeon/raid

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many achis in Ulduar but also too few nowadays. So something inbetween would be good.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

15+ Year Old Account
    Ulduar went all out. With Boss design , achievements and epicness. I would like to see a model like that return , maybe a bit less. But more than there are now for sure!
    Druid since Feb. 06

10+ Year Old Account
    More achievements is a good thing as long as they don't require more than one achievement per boss for the meta mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to see something in between to be honest. Ulduar was, and still is, the best raid in WoW. But the achievements were a little overkill. I think I've got most of them, but still not have all of them. They're just way too much... and really can't be fucked to do them.
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

Deleted
    I don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosWolf View Post
    You mean like some achievements already do screw you out based on race/faction?

Sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosWolf View Post
    Everybody can make orc alts. Just no paladins druids or priests will be in the group

YES!

With achievements being available in normal (flex) and heroic (normal) being x-realm now it will be much easier to build an achievement hunting group. And with all difficulties having separate lockouts it won't mess up any raid progress.

I'd love to see the return of some very difficult raid achievements for nothing but points.