Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[Resto] Should i wear T16 4pc?

Hi fellow shamans

i dont know if i should wear the t16 4pc.

My Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nette/advanced

i know that the 4pc isnt something i should desire but since everyone already had their tokens, i got the Protectors Essence from our recent Garrosh firstkill. So now i have either the Choice of either using t16 2pc + t15 2pc or swap to 4pc using my token to get set chest/shoulders.

I currently have the following items in my bag:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/item/103815 (553 crit shoulders)
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/item/99099 (553 set legs)
    + Protectors Essence

thank you in advance and please pardon my bad english

Deleted
    Imo output wise i think that this would be the best setup allthough i do know which tier pieces would be best to get:

Heroic Tier 15 2set (anything but chest)
    Heroic Tier 16 2set (hands and helm pref but get anything you can for 2set)
    Heroic Warforged Offset Chest

Bare in mind this is for the haste build and this is what i consider BiS for the main pieces. You can check my amoury to the what im rolling with (you can find it in my signature).

10+ Year Old Account
    i wont be having heroic t16 anytime soon, its just a "bad" casual guild (also not my main)

Deleted
    Isn't 4p great extra raid cd? (Like SWG + Chain heals spam?) I know that HST is great throughoutput spell but shamans are great cd throwers and we should use our strong sides?

There's actually a thread on this topic already, and it discusses the average thoroughput of the bonus [can't post links, sorry, but it can be found on page 2]. Tiberria and Vixsin have both done a great breakdown of the merits of upgrading from 2P T15 -> T16, as well as discussed the actual amount of healing that the tier bonus contributes.

Unless the 4p receives a buff, I will personally be using the tier helm and gloves, then picking up the haste / crit off-pieces. The raw healing from the 4p is currently low (and it's questionable if the better secondary stats would make up for it). There is also a lot of movement in the current fights, so I would prefer to have SWG strictly being a movement CD, not another healing CD. /shrug

10+ Year Old Account
    No.

Healing from the 4P is barely noticeable and 3 of 5 set items have mastery on them. I'd recommend head + gloves for 2p (they have haste) and rest off-set (either crit or haste works).

10+ Year Old Account
    so the token is completely wasted on me? makes me sad..

Here is the information Vixsin gave in the other thread about the resto 4 pce.

Code:
    [00:07:44.387] Restac Healing Surge Restac +23418 (O: 0, O: 59631)
    [00:07:45.162] Spirit Champion Healing Surge Snuglz +*26320* (O: 0, O: 35981) = ~38% of source (but the duplicate can crit so it did 2x)

[00:07:45.597] Restac Healing Surge Restac +*0* (O: 0, O: 165544)
    [00:07:46.364] Spirit Champion Healing Surge Cyus +*19803* (O: 0, O: 33849) = ~32% of source

[00:07:46.892] Restac Healing Surge Restac +*0* (O: 0, O: 165206)
    [00:07:47.564] Spirit Champion Healing Surge Emmawatson +*41580* (O: 0, O: 15884) = ~35% of source 

[00:07:49.575] Restac Healing Surge Partyhats +0 (O: 0, O: 82359)
    [00:07:50.399] Spirit Champion Healing Surge Bubbleszz +28894 (O: 0) = ~35% of source
    So, on average, you're looking at maybe 30-35% the throughput of your source heals (remembering that things like Restorative Mists, AG, totems, hots, HR, etc. will not be duplicated). In the log above, using HS spam for the duration, the Spirit Champ did 316,641 raw healing, which translated to 0.6% of the Shaman's raw throughput over a 4-minute encounter. Even being generous and assuming 1% effective per usage, and that the shaman used the bonus twice within the timeframe, 2% bonus healing is is still a very low contribution for a final tier bonus.

For me personally, this means I'm not going to prioritize 4pc. I'd rather see our teammates on the Prot token put it to better use than claim 1-2% EHPS is essential to my own performance. (Now, if this gets changed and we start seeing Spirit Bros duplicating the entire heal, you can bet your arse that 4pc will be on my shopping list).

Quote Originally Posted by Dorac View Post
    Here is the information Vixsin gave in the other thread about the resto 4 pce.

Code:
    [00:07:44.387] Restac Healing Surge Restac +23418 (O: 0, O: 59631)
    [00:07:45.162] Spirit Champion Healing Surge Snuglz +*26320* (O: 0, O: 35981) = ~38% of source (but the duplicate can crit so it did 2x)

[00:07:45.597] Restac Healing Surge Restac +*0* (O: 0, O: 165544)
    [00:07:46.364] Spirit Champion Healing Surge Cyus +*19803* (O: 0, O: 33849) = ~32% of source

[00:07:46.892] Restac Healing Surge Restac +*0* (O: 0, O: 165206)
    [00:07:47.564] Spirit Champion Healing Surge Emmawatson +*41580* (O: 0, O: 15884) = ~35% of source 

[00:07:49.575] Restac Healing Surge Partyhats +0 (O: 0, O: 82359)
    [00:07:50.399] Spirit Champion Healing Surge Bubbleszz +28894 (O: 0) = ~35% of source
    So, on average, you're looking at maybe 30-35% the throughput of your source heals (remembering that things like Restorative Mists, AG, totems, hots, HR, etc. will not be duplicated). In the log above, using HS spam for the duration, the Spirit Champ did 316,641 raw healing, which translated to 0.6% of the Shaman's raw throughput over a 4-minute encounter. Even being generous and assuming 1% effective per usage, and that the shaman used the bonus twice within the timeframe, 2% bonus healing is is still a very low contribution for a final tier bonus.

For me personally, this means I'm not going to prioritize 4pc. I'd rather see our teammates on the Prot token put it to better use than claim 1-2% EHPS is essential to my own performance. (Now, if this gets changed and we start seeing Spirit Bros duplicating the entire heal, you can bet your arse that 4pc will be on my shopping list).
    What were blizzard thinking making our 4 set piece so god dam woeful, i've told my guild i'll be the last to receive my 4 piece due to how crap it is. I'll be putting the pieces in the bank in the hope blizz will wake up and smell the coffee :c
    “I’m like King Midas in reverse. Everything I touch turns to shit.”

Quote Originally Posted by Cavemoss View Post
    What were blizzard thinking making our 4 set piece so god dam woeful, i've told my guild i'll be the last to receive my 4 piece due to how crap it is. I'll be putting the pieces in the bank in the hope blizz will wake up and smell the coffee :c
    I have a feeling that since it's been over a month since SoO has been out, It wont be changed at all unfortunately. They must feel that its appropriate since I'm sure its been brought to their attention.

I have a feeling that since it's been over a month since SoO has been out, It wont be changed at all unfortunately. They must feel that its appropriate since I'm sure its been brought to their attention.
    It is also pap we don't get credited for our 2 set piece - natures barrier i've seen it do at least 4mill overall healing on 1 of our tanks personal healing during some fights.
    “I’m like King Midas in reverse. Everything I touch turns to shit.”

Our 4 piece in T14 was completely changed like 2 months into the tier when 5.1 was released (which IIRC was right as ToES was first unlocking). They finally got the idea that a third Tidal Waves stack was nearly completely useless because everyone had 90%+ uptime on Tidal Waves in the first place and changed it to its current bonus. I wouldn't give up on it being changed yet.

why people just no used 2 Piece Bonus From ToT... and Done

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollowness View Post
    why people just no used 2 Piece Bonus From ToT... and Done
    Because there's 31 ilvl's difference between HC SoO items and HC ToT items. Not to mention offpieces can be Warforged, pumping it up to 37 ilvls. No way 2p t15 bonus is going to make up for the int difference alone, and there's the secondary stats you get, too.

10+ Year Old Account
    so offset items are only worth it when atleast heroic?

Deleted
    That obviously depends what pieces you had in those slots before and how much are you able to squeeze out of t15 2p. But first few HC bosses all drop an offpiece with either haste or crit, it won't take long to get heroic versions of those.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranjit View Post
    That obviously depends what pieces you had in those slots before and how much are you able to squeeze out of t15 2p. But first few HC bosses all drop an offpiece with either haste or crit, it won't take long to get heroic versions of those.
    i'll never get any of those pieces since luck is something i dont have.

Do you guys think even in 10man the T15H 2 pc should be replaced quite early ? It does so much of my healing in 10man. We are only 2/13 heroic but it still pumps out alot of throughput for me. I Guess I would have to test heroic shoulder/legs out. I use T16 Hands/Helm, T15H Shoulder/Legs

Quote Originally Posted by zaneosak View Post
    Do you guys think even in 10man the T15H 2 pc should be replaced quite early ? It does so much of my healing in 10man. We are only 2/13 heroic but it still pumps out alot of throughput for me. I Guess I would have to test heroic shoulder/legs out. I use T16 Hands/Helm, T15H Shoulder/Legs
    Should still be worth dropping it for Heroic Legs/Shoulders especially if you can get at least one of those pieces warforged. Ideally you want Tier Helm/Gloves, Norushen Legs and Haste or Crit Chest + Shoulders.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    You wouldn't use the 4pc for the bonus but for the stats, it really comes down to how you value your stats.