Poll: In which of these 3 Worlds of Warcraft would you like to fall?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    2nd pic is amazing

Something like that on such a large scale would be absolutely immersive. Its very picturesque and has the old Org/Durotar color scheme, which I liked a lot more than the bastardized version.

Deleted
    I really can't wait for the day when MMOs actually look like this. It will happen, but it's taking so frigging long.

People need to start upgrading their PCs quicker so Blizzard and other developers can upgrade their MMOs to the latest standard.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    First two maybe.

The third.... that looks like "computer on fire" graphics.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

the first one is awesome, the rest does no longer feel like wow

15+ Year Old Account
    To have WoW as WoW, I would have to choose number 1. However if it was a single player game I would have picked number 3. Number 2 is really ugly to be a game, looks more like it would fit as some kind of Warhammer type figurine game.

Quote Originally Posted by taurenguard View Post
    I love that Brill seriously I would throw out my old pc and buy a new one.
    haha yeah, i'd do the same. The quality is stunning

That first one is absolutely epic. Undead used to be my favorite race until they changed all the Undead architecture. I loved how they used old abandoned human structures. Once they switched i moved my toons over to Tauren.

Aren't the first two pictures possible by using enB?

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    All of those are possible in a video game today...and I'd love to see any of those be reality in World of Warcraft
    Incredible that this remark was made by a super moderator...

MMORPG's with these kind of graphs and ... 100 people in one place can be played with ... 2 frames per second.

Too lazy to explain, but next time inform yourself...

It is telling everything though about the lack of knowledge on game programming ...

Sigh...

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post

MMORPG's with these kind of graphs and ... 100 people in one place can be played with ... 2 frames per second.

It is telling everything though about the lack of knowledge on game programming ...

Sigh...
    He just said they were available in video games today and would love to see them in wow.. He didn't state they were possible in an MMO...

Also, is he a video game developer? I didn't realize the mod's of this fan site were all video game developers...

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked numbers one and two.

I chose two because of the idea that I'm in a fantasy world, seeing Orgrimmar that large compared to individual people really shows me that I'm inside a world.

Deleted
    i would cry cause i couldnt play wow anymore cause my pc wouldnt be able to handle that kind of graphics

I like 1 and 2 the best as well. Who knows, that could be possible in the near future, I think it has mostly to do with spectacular lighting to achieve that.

First one all the way.

Second picture makes me bias because bright lighting like that hurts my eyes. I have troubles hanging out in Orgrimmar as it and making it brighter would make me hate the place even more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post

Sigh...
    One, I've played video games on my computer with graphics close to this detail at well above 2fps. World of Warcraft is sadly a very old engine that lacks of a lot of optimization that has been implemented in newer engines over the past decade since it was first released with Warcraft III. I have games I play today that are considerably more detailed that use less resources from both the CPU and GPU than WoW does. Even with more people in place...they're just models in the environment that only has be to be rendered once.

Two, I never said I was a video game designer. I'm a business software engineer, not a game designer. I won't pretend I know everything, but most of the basics of development are the same, just the output is different.

All 3 of those scenes are possible in with a new engine for World of Warcraft. The unfortunate side effect would be losing a lot of players who have machines that aren't capable of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    I play Rift, already got those graphics

OT: Yes would be awesome especially #1, love dark and grim graphics.
    That's about all you got too. :P

But yeah, it'd be nice, but I'd definitely have to get a better machine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    All 3 are cool in my opinion.

Deleted
    Pic 1 for me because that is closest to how it is now. This one captures wow best for me. It gives the vibe it should have and this is how wow would look as a single player game (made now not 10 years ago)

The 2nd pic would be an intro for a RTS.

And the 3rd one is for those high grafic games (those big names that everybody loves and everybody hates)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricirich91 View Post
    I have found these Fan Arts in battle.net archives, and I have spent some minutes imagining how awesome would it be to play in such a world.
    Weather's quality is so important guys... I have never thought this until now. Atmosphere really gives half of the like.

So I'm sharing you different kind of arts, but everyone maintains the actual "cartoonish" graphic, just in a different styles.
    Under which art-style would you like to play?

Here the graphic is focused on the density of the atmosphere, just look at the sky and the wet ground. It would be awesome to adventure under this atmosphere. (really faithful to the actual WoW, looks like just an improvement)

In front of this majestic Orgrimmar, we can notice how much the use of light is relevant here, as-well as the depths of the environment. A kind of epic art that should be breathtaking to play on.

The extremely detailed objects are amazing, probably exaggerated for a video-game. Here every detail, the weather too, is incredible, just perfect. Is it too much?

So in which of these 3 Worlds of Warcraft would you like to fall? Enjoy!
    That.------
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do like the grand scale of pic 2 because when I do quests I like to think that each item or each person I save is actually more people because going into the middle of a war and killing 5 enemies doesn't make much sense. Pic #1 is my favorite though. It looks like WoW with better graphics. I don't think my PC could handle better graphics though.