1. #1

    Can we get a boss counter for LFR que??

    Is there any way to implement something so that when your Q pops for LFR it tells you how many bosses are dead or if it is a fresh run. Over the weekend I tried to do the first wing of SoO for the week and each time bosses where already dead. If I had known, I would not of accepted because I only want to run it once for the week, not continuously Q and piecemeal the run to completion. Is there an add-on or any way to know how many bosses are down before accepting the raid?

  2. #2
    They used to have one, but they got rid of it because people would refuse to join if in progress, making the queues longer.

  3. #3
    I am Murloc! Airwaves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Australia! G-day Mate!... (We don't really speak like that)
    Posts
    5,722
    No. They removed it because groups that were on the last boss would never fill and fall apart. There is a reason you can't see how many are dead.

    BUT! If you have already killed the last boss it will make sure you join a fresh one*. (*99% of the time)
    Angels and Airwaves
    Aldmeri Dominion - Imperial - Templar - Laethys - High Elf - Assassin - Frostmourne - Orc - Rogue - Sea of Sorrows - Norn - Thief
    Borderlands 2 - Mechromancer - Battlefield 4 - Engineer - Diablo 3 - Wizard

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    No. They removed it because groups that were on the last boss would never fill and fall apart. There is a reason you can't see how many are dead.

    BUT! If you have already killed the last boss it will make sure you join a fresh one*. (*99% of the time)
    Yeah, pretty much happens all the time for me then, too

    so: it's retarded to directly leave again. Just kill the bosses still alive and requeue, kill the bosses missing and leave. You will spend less time. As intelligent people may have noticed

  5. #5
    The Lightbringer judgementofantonidas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    East Coast USA
    Posts
    3,548
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilvaldi View Post
    Is there any way to implement something so that when your Q pops for LFR it tells you how many bosses are dead or if it is a fresh run. Over the weekend I tried to do the first wing of SoO for the week and each time bosses where already dead. If I had known, I would not of accepted because I only want to run it once for the week, not continuously Q and piecemeal the run to completion. Is there an add-on or any way to know how many bosses are down before accepting the raid?
    No. Because blizzard thinks it is more fair to make you run 3-5 LFR than for a fail raid to have people turn down their que.





    There is no bad RNG only bad L2P

  6. #6
    I am Murloc! Airwaves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Australia! G-day Mate!... (We don't really speak like that)
    Posts
    5,722
    Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    Yeah, pretty much happens all the time for me then, too

    so: it's retarded to directly leave again. Just kill the bosses still alive and requeue, kill the bosses missing and leave. You will spend less time. As intelligent people may have noticed
    Well that all depends. If that boss is nazgrim you are better of leaving and waiting for the debuff to go away.
    Angels and Airwaves
    Aldmeri Dominion - Imperial - Templar - Laethys - High Elf - Assassin - Frostmourne - Orc - Rogue - Sea of Sorrows - Norn - Thief
    Borderlands 2 - Mechromancer - Battlefield 4 - Engineer - Diablo 3 - Wizard

  7. #7
    Pandaren Monk Archimand's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Gensokyo
    Posts
    1,989
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    No. They removed it because groups that were on the last boss would never fill and fall apart. There is a reason you can't see how many are dead.

    BUT! If you have already killed the last boss it will make sure you join a fresh one*. (*99% of the time)
    thats a lie it wont "make sure" it will try to find fresh group.
    talking from experiance here i joined run that wasnt fresh killed last boss got out of the raid queued again for same wing got last boss again
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."
    Archimand - On Demand Breeding List Link
    FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Well that all depends. If that boss is nazgrim you are better of leaving and waiting for the debuff to go away.
    uhm...so you leave, have a 30min debuff, queue again for 30 minutes, kill first three bosses in 40 minutes and then wiping at Nazgrim for 45 minutes ist faster then killing nazgrim in 45min, queue again for 30 minutes and kill the first three bosses in 40 minutes. Math is well with you young Padawan

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    thats a lie it wont "make sure" it will try to find fresh group.
    talking from experiance here i joined run that wasnt fresh killed last boss got out of the raid queued again for same wing got last boss again
    For every guy this has happened to, there is a guy it hasn't.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

  10. #10
    I am Murloc! Airwaves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Australia! G-day Mate!... (We don't really speak like that)
    Posts
    5,722
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    thats a lie it wont "make sure" it will try to find fresh group.
    talking from experiance here i joined run that wasnt fresh killed last boss got out of the raid queued again for same wing got last boss again
    Did you not read the whole sentence?
    Angels and Airwaves
    Aldmeri Dominion - Imperial - Templar - Laethys - High Elf - Assassin - Frostmourne - Orc - Rogue - Sea of Sorrows - Norn - Thief
    Borderlands 2 - Mechromancer - Battlefield 4 - Engineer - Diablo 3 - Wizard

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    Math is well with you young Padawan
    My math says it's best to subtract LFR completely from the equation.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

  12. #12
    Stood in the Fire allatar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Swansea, Wales
    Posts
    395
    There used to be an addon that turned the functionality back on. It definitely worked in 5.3 but have no idea if it's viable in 5.4 or has been broken by Blizz.
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

    Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    BUT! If you have already killed the last boss it will make sure you join a fresh one*. (*99% of the time)

    (First 2 weeks of LFR part4) - I was part of the 1% that would always que into Lei Shen after 55 minutes; To then wait 2 hours for our stacks to get to 10, before killing it. Then I'd re-queue to again wait 50+ minutes for ANOTHER Lei Shen...


    After the first week, I created 3 Macro's, and always queued and asked for Lead, so I could spam my Lei Shen easy to do; easy to follow, easy win macro. After that, it was always a 1 shot.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by allatar View Post
    There used to be an addon that turned the functionality back on. It definitely worked in 5.3 but have no idea if it's viable in 5.4 or has been broken by Blizz.
    Blizzard removed it from the UI and there was a thought that it might still be accessible via programming API, so someone made an addon.

    Not sure if the addon ever worked, but Blizzard would have broken it if it did.

    Nov 27, 2012 - Blizzard removes from UI:
    http://wowpedia.org/Patch_5.1
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/792..._2012#dungeons

    Nov 27, 2012 - Someone makes an addon:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7199032620

    Nov 29, 2012 - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...2669?page=2#37
    Quote Originally Posted by player
    What about the addon(s) that were written post-5.1 in response to this that tell you how many bosses, if any, have been killed?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    You mean the one that was deleted from Curse because it didn't work? :) As far as I'm aware none of them work.

    Nov 29, 2012 - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...2669?page=2#26
    Rationale.


    Nov 30, 2012 - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7200082274#4
    More rationale.
    Last edited by potatoe; 2013-10-14 at 06:21 PM.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by potatoe View Post
    Blizzard removed it from the UI and there was a thought that it might still be accessible via programming API, so someone made an addon.
    Not sure if the addon ever worked, but Blizzard would have broken it if it did.
    I believe it involves asking in /i what boss they are on, or having knowledge of the instance when you zone in, of what boss you are about to do. It's a great addon.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

  16. #16
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    338
    If you get a spot in a not finished LFR you would be a total god damn idiot to decline it only to queue up again and hope for a fresh one - IT WILL TAKE THE SAME AMOUNT OF TIME FOR YOU.

    Lets say the queue is 15 min. You stood in it for 15 min, queue pops, you leave it since there was 3/4 dead.
    You will now stand in the queue for another 15 min, get into a fresh one (if you are lucky). Then another 10 min per boss (for example). 70min will be your time spent on this LFR

    If you would have just joined the first queue you could have killed the last boss in 15+10 min, joined another queue, 15 min and then another 30 for the last 3. Again, 70 min total.
    And this is if you are lucky to get a fresh group on the second queue-up, if you run by this second example you are pretty much guaranteed a fresh grp on the second queue.

    You will probably not have to clear trash for the last boss aswell so joining the first one probably saves you a few minutes.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilvaldi View Post
    If I had known, I would not of accepted because I only want to run it once for the week, not continuously Q and piecemeal the run to completion. Is there an add-on or any way to know how many bosses are down before accepting the raid?
    Let's see... You get a fresh run, all goes well until last boss where a tank decides to leave for whatever reason. You're now stuck waiting for a tank. But because people can see that it's only the last boss when the queue pops, you never get another tank. Now, if you want to do only the last boss, you have to start with a fresh run again!

    See why your attitude is a bad one?

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    My math says it's best to subtract LFR completely from the equation.
    You must be a genious!
    I never thought of that :P!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •