Page 1 of 2
LastLast

careful buying pets.

seems the dupers have found a way to duplicate pets now, and mass ethereal soul-traders, spectral tiger cubs and dragon kites are being produced.

EDIT: It is fine to discuss the duping, but NOT advicing people to buy duped pets as against the rules.
    Last edited by mmocaf2cfee3ee; 2013-10-16 at 01:37 AM.

I was just thinking about these level 1's and there >50% off of AH prices... if you begin a trade with them, your money and the pet you're trying to buy are both in the trade window, is there any known way for them to then screw you? Assuming you get the item, is there any way that said item would be removed from your account with you eating the loss of the gold that was traded?

15+ Year Old Account
    I have never bought anything in game off a level one. Buyer beware.

Deleted
    Thought something was wierd, never seen so many soul-traders on AH.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by medievalman1 View Post
    I was just thinking about these level 1's and there >50% off of AH prices... if you begin a trade with them, your money and the pet you're trying to buy are both in the trade window, is there any known way for them to then screw you? Assuming you get the item, is there any way that said item would be removed from your account with you eating the loss of the gold that was traded?
    As long as you aren't intentionally seeking out dupers to buy from them then I don't see why Blizzard wouldn't transfer back the gold you gave them. This is assuming they remove the item from you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    I have never bought anything in game off a level one. Buyer beware.

"I dont have experience on this field, heres my warning"

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by medievalman1 View Post
    There's a chance of it happening, you can see it discussed on the official customer service forums. Whether it happens frequently or not, that depends who you ask. I've been told on here that there is a good chance you lose the item and the gold. In my experience however, with the jeweled onyx panther and the crimson deathcharger, not a single one of my friends or anybody we know has had the item taken away from them. I can't really say firsthand though because I never bought one, I find them both to be really ugly.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

The only time I've personally seen action taken is when somebody bought a ton of duped chargers at once from a guy to flip for profit.

Everybody who bought for themselves - which is most everybody I know - still has theirs to this day.

Deleted
    i once bought a black phanter from a lvl 1. Did the trade in a trade window. I was 100% sure it was a duped mount, since his name felt kind of sketchy and also it was insane how cheap he was sellling it for. Not to mention he added "quick trade" in /2.

But i bought it and sold it for 20k more within 5 minutes =)
    Got no reprecussions handed to me.

Buy from the AH so much safer

I would never buy a pet or mount from anyone let alone a level 1 with a name like ' asdklj '

15+ Year Old Account
    This is something ive never understood so can someone explain how this works? What i gather is they trade you a pet that isnt actually a there? So for example i wanted to buy a Spectral Cub, does it appear in my trade window? then when the trade is complete does it just not appear in my bag?

Cant get my head around how it works.

Deleted
    It's a shame that Blizzard will do nothing about this, just like they didn't do anything about the mount exploit. It'll go the way of the Spectral Tiger, every man and his dog will have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    This is something ive never understood so can someone explain how this works? What i gather is they trade you a pet that isnt actually a there? So for example i wanted to buy a Spectral Cub, does it appear in my trade window? then when the trade is complete does it just not appear in my bag?

no the spectral cub is duplicated you will get the pet and keep it, the problem is they are creating these due to some exploit somewhere and not getting these pets legitimately from TCG codes, you are not scammed in anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post

-snip-

Exploiting is not allowed on this site.
    Last edited by mmocaf2cfee3ee; 2013-10-15 at 12:43 PM.

This has been going on for years...you just figured this out now?

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Why doesn't this happen at my server ? :*(
    They probably don't need gold on your server, yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    Buy from the AH so much safer '
    There is only one problem with that-the pets can be posted/ bought off the AH and *are* duped. The Spectral Cub is lvl 6. I can understand 1-2 cubs on an Ah around that level not 5 the same level for around the same price from different sellers.

Somehow being in a pet cage it bypasses blizzard's check system for ID'#. Awhile back I lost 2 of the Pandaren Panda pets 1 Snowy, 1 Red from the pet cage/ah/mail glitch in which they turned into unnamed pet cages. GM responding saying he could not restore the pets because they had no way of telling which cage was which pet. I could still post them on the AH but could not learn them.
    Last edited by FeralSynapse; 2013-10-15 at 04:36 AM.

I make money off these dupers.

For those wondering "Can I be actioned/banned/etc"
    No you can't. Not at all. If you put gold in a trade window and he puts a pet and you both accept, its a legit trade. You go off and use it or sell it and enjoy it for a low price.

There is no scam, you dont get ripped in any way.
    I dont know how/why people think "oh somehow my pet will not be in my bags they are haxoring" It just isnt true.

Its really as simple as it seems. You bought a pet for 40% of AH price. Thats it. No bans, no scams.
    I buy that stuff out when they bring it to my realm, every last bit of it and make bankroll on it

10+ Year Old Account
    @Holykey - I'd be wary of explaining how to exploit on these forums, I can't se a mod being happy you are showing people how to dupe items.

As to the question of people getting the item removed, it has happened but it's rare. If the person doing the duping gets caught, they will look at their recent trade history and if they see people buying items that they believe you should have known was far too cheap they take it off you and you don't get your gold back. Their logic in this is that you should have known that panther mount costs more than 5k or whatever tiny amount they are asking for it and should therefore have suspected it was duped.
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

Deleted
    Its fine to discuss the topic.. But you are NOT allowed to discuss how to use this exploit.