I've seen a lot of good feedback from the Warlock community on the Weak Auras thread. It's a addon that I personally don't use because I've been using TellMeWhen for a couple of years now and its been working just fine. I'm a big fan of many choices therefore I present you with my modified/updated version of Sparkuggz TMW Script.
Why should I use AddOns such as TMW or Weak Auras?
Easier and more clear tracking of everything from buffs to cooldowns. Casting a Chaos Bolt with our without trinket procs can be the difference between a 500k Crit and a 1100k Crit.
In Config Mode
Out of Combat - Destruction
In Combat - Destruction
Out of Combat - Affliction
In Combat - Affliction
Out of Combat - Demonology
In Combat - Demonology
If you are looking for specific scripts either comment or PM me and I'll add them to the "Individual Scripts" section
How to Import
- Download the addon, I also recommend using this with OmniCC for better cooldown timers.
- When in game; Esc --> Interface --> AddOns --> TellMeWhen --> Profiles
- Now at the bottom there is a Import/Export/Restore field, go to http://pastebin.com/sGGxuwV1 and copy all the text into the in game text field.
- Click the Import/Export/Restore button
- A Import field will drop down, go to "From String" and then "Copy Profile - Create New Profile"
What is Included in the Script?
- All trinket procs from both ToT and SoO. its important to note that some of them are share the same "box" (Picture) therefore if you're currently using both trinkets you will have to swap one of the to anothe "box".
- All debuffs and buffs from bosses in both ToT and SoO, these are all contained in the 3 big boxes on the left side.
- All notable Warlock cooldowns.
- Tracking for bloodlust, prepot, profession cooldowns (engineering and herbalism), stormlash totem and skull banner.
- Meta Gem proc tracker.
Once imported you can pretty much configure the addon in any way you want. You can increase and decrease the size of all the boxes, move them around, remove and/or add new ones. If there is a specific box you don't want to have just right klick it and untick "enabled".
Personally I use the addon Affdots to track all my dots for both destruction and demonology. When it comes to affliction I use both Affdots and ClassTimer, although if you want to use TellMeWhen for dot tracking I added the boxes needed but disabled them by default.
Modifying/Adding Boxes (Buffs and Debuffs)
- If you want to edit a already existing box proceed to step 4, if you want to make a new group go to step 2.
- Go to interface --> AddOns --> TellMeWhen --> Groups --> Under "+ Add Another Group +" you can either choose to add a new icon or bar group, I prefer icons.
- Now you should be dropped down to the new group setting configuration, the only two settings I change are the "Columns" and "Rows", modify these to fit your personal needs, after that you can exit the config.
- Write /tmw to bring up the config window and right klick on the box you want to edit.
- Klick on the icon type bar and choose "Buff/Debuff" from the list.
- Write the name of the Buff/Debuff you want to track in the "Choose Spell(s)" field and select the appropriate one from the "Suggestions" section that will pop up on the right. If you want to track more than one spell in a box the text will look like this.
- Select the unit you want to track the spell on, for my example I will choose "player".
- Under "Buff or Debuff" I usually just tick in "Either" and "Only check mine".
- Under "Timer Sweep" you want to tick in "Show timer" and "Show timer text"
- Remember to tick the "Enabled" box in the top right or it wont work.
- If you want to have the spell showing even though its on cooldown go to "Show States & Opacity", tick the box next to All Absent and add a little bit of opacity, for example I use 30% All Absent opacity for my Dark Soul cooldown.
- Klick "Okay" and place the bar in the desired position, write /tmw again to hide the config.
Big Raid Debuff Box
Smaller Raid Debuff Boxes
^1^T^SPoint^T ^Sy^F7889750641635894 ^f-48^Sx ^F-5022785564191730^f-46 ^t^SScale^F7020251365224606 ^f-50^SEnabled ^B^SColumns ^N1^SIcons ^T^N1^T ^SBuffOrDebuff^SEITHER ^SType^Sbuff ^SShowTimerText^B ^SName^SAnima~`Sensitivity;~`light~`of~`Day;~`Volatile~`Pathogen;~`Crystal~`Shell;~`Frostbite;~`Fixation;~`Primal~`Nutriment;~`Torrent~`of~`Ice;~`Cinders;~`Biting~`Cold;~`Frost~`Bite;~`Focused~`Lightning;~`Corrupting~`Parasite;~`Grasping~`Tendrils;~`Blazing~`Heat;~`Fixate;~`Countdown;~`Searing~`Seeds;~`Fading~`Light;~`Shrapnel;~`Disrupting~`Shadows;~`Frostflake;~`Twilight~`Barrage;~`Jasper~`Chains;~`Wildfire~`Spark;~`Voodoo~`Dolls;~`Arcane~`Resonance;~`Amber~`Prison;~`Sticky~`Resin;~`Cry~`of~`Terror;~`Visions~`of~`Demise;~`Fixate;~`Unseen~`Strike;~`Wind~`Step;~`Amber~`Prison;~`Amber~`Globule;~`Amber~`Beacon;~`Dissonance~`Field;~`Visions~`of~`Demise;~`Heart~`of~`Fear;~`Lightning~`Prison;~`Corrupted~`Essence;~`Penetrating~`Bolt;~`Water~`Spout;~`Huddle~`in~`Terror;~`Seek~`the~`Light;~`Mark~`of~`Anguish;~`Flames~`of~`Galakrond;~`Fixate ^SSettingsPerView^T ^Sicon^T ^STexts^T ^N1^S ^t^t^t^SShowTimer^B ^SEnabled^B ^SShowTTText^B ^t^t^SName^SDebuffs ^t^N62602^S~`~| ^Sgroup^N3 ^^
^1^T^SPoint^T ^Sy^F5351661560495897 ^f-49^Sx ^F-4909672408371654^f-45 ^t^SScale^F7129109124838521 ^f-51^SEnabled ^B^SColumns ^N2^SIcons ^T^N1^T ^SType^Sbuff ^SShowTimerText^B ^SName^SShield~`of~`Darkness;~`Impervious~`Shield;~`Sleight~`of~`Hand;~`Destabilize ^SUnit^Starget ^SShowTimer^B ^SEnabled^B ^SShowTTText^B ^t^N2^T ^SBuffOrDebuff^SEITHER ^SType^Sbuff ^SShowTimerText^B ^SName^SIonization;~`138288;~`138294;~`Unstable~`Vita;~`Unstable~`Anima;~`Static~`Shock;~`Crashing~`Thunder;~`Helm~`of~`Command;~`Static~`Shock;~`Amplifier;~`Icy~`Shadows;~`Anima~`Font;~`Overcharged;~`Destabilize;~`Chilled~`to~`the~`Bone;~`Dead~`Zone;~`Sha~`Corruption;~`Gift~`of~`the~`Titans ^SEnabled^B ^SShowTimer^B ^t^t^t^N62602^S~`~| ^Sgroup^N7 ^^
What addon displays your embers?
Does this work with different language clients?
90% of the script will not work since the spell names are different
2013/10/15: New sections added; Changelog, Modifying/Adding Boxes (Buffs and Debuffs), FAQ and invdividual scripts, typos fixed along with some general editing, added pictures for Demonology.