Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Brothers girlfriend is ugly

Disclaimer: Not a troll thread

Sorry for the blunt title, my brother has been dating this girl online for a few months and they met up this weekend, and I met her briefly.

After she left, my brother asked me what I think of her.

And I am an honest person, to my detriment.

I said basically shes a nice girl but you can do a lot better on the looks deparment.
    My brother isn't an ugly guy, just lacking confidence I think, so his standards are pretty low.

FYI, she has dreadlocks and weighs about 200+ lbs, and he weighs 140lbs

Anyway, he got a bit annoyed and left (we live almost next to each other, seperate apartments), I'll probably see him later.

What should I have said? how do I fix this?

You could start by not caring about looks that much. Your brother isn't looking for a centerfold, and he's right. Time for you to realize that looks aren't worth shit.

Nothing, honesty is good, he is your brother he will get over it.

On the joking side, hire a hot prostitute to hit on him and "seduce" him, your problem will be fixed, he will think he can do better after that.

If he likes her, why fix what's not broken? Some people are in to thick chubby chicks, I sure would fuck a big girl with big titties and a nice big ass as long as she is under the 250ish pound range and has a cute face.

Dating one is another story though.
    Last edited by Orcindauh; 2013-10-14 at 05:26 PM.

Yeah, you did kinda fuck that up. Well done.

Tell your brother it just came out, that you never meant for it to and that you're a douche for letting it happen, that you're sorry, and that you think she's one of the sweetest people you've met. Or something to that effect.
    Last edited by Velaniz; 2013-10-14 at 05:26 PM.

If she makes him happy, what does it matter to you what she looks like?

If he is butthurt about your opinion, don't apologize, you have your right to your opinion. Rather let him know you support him if he's happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apologize, I guess? I mean, even if the girl is obese, unless she acted inappropriate and did things that would hurt your brother, you should be happy for his sake that he found someone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I dont think there is anything wrong about being honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sillistrar View Post
    Also, I love your short-temper. Did you know that people like you are the most fun to mess with? Not that I'm doing it. Yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazoric View Post
    Interception...
    Is that a like a charge within a charge? :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Velaniz View Post

Tell your brother it just came out, that you never meant for it to, that you're sorry, and that you think she's one of the sweetest people you've met. Or something to that effect.
    Why should I lie? I said shes nice, with emphasis.
    I didn't say he should leave her, I literally said just an FYI you can do better on the looks deparment but she's nice and it's cool if she makes you happy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Can't really judge someone from "dreadlocks and 200+ lbs", so not sure why you mention that in the thread. As for the actual topic, why should it matter to you that someone else is going out with someone you think is ugly. Did you ask what he thinks off her? Maybe he thinks she looks alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Velaniz View Post

Tell your brother it just came out, that you never meant for it to, that you're sorry, and that you think she's one of the sweetest people you've met. Or something to that effect.
    What? Why?

If someone asks you for your honest opinion, you should provide it. Especially if its a family member.

he's seeing the exact same thing you are and he doesnt have an issue with it. he was asking about "was she cool" not "was she hot"
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldrage View Post
    I didn't say he should leave here, I literally said just an FYI you can do better on the looks deparment but she's nice and it's cool if she makes you happy.
    Your brother wasn't looking for a critique on her appearance -- he was looking for your approval. You didn't give it to him.

Honesty is fine, but rudeness isn't. You can start calling her ugly once she starts acting ugly. Until then, you praise her good parts and don't mention the rest.
    Last edited by Belloc; 2013-10-14 at 05:30 PM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orcindauh View Post
    Some people are in to thick chubby chicks.
    I feel you, thing is though she is not that type, she isn't the type that suits being fat, it starts getting out of proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Your brother wasn't looking for a critique on her appearance -- he was looking for your approval. You didn't give it to him.
    This.

Don't understand how people miss this.

Also, looks don't matter for shit if you're not the one to sleep with her and you're in no place to criticize how someone else looks on anyone else's behalf. There's "honesty" and there's "utter lack of any kind of diplomacy and socially inept behaviour (AKA: "assholemove")".

Quote Originally Posted by Coldrage View Post
    I didn't say he should leave her, I literally said just an FYI you can do better on the looks deparment but she's nice and it's cool if she makes you happy.
    You think your brother hasn't factored in her looks on his own and evaluated things for himself and decided that she was worth it anyway? This is a question of simple tact. Your brother wasn't asking you if thought she was a beauty queen. He wanted you to affirm his own opinions of her character. Which to your credit you sort of did, but the diatribe on her looks was wholly unnecessary.
    Last edited by Velaniz; 2013-10-14 at 05:35 PM.

You were honest, and that's all that matters.

You didn't understand the question and you probably did more damage to his confidence with that remark as well. He was asking what you think about her, not how she looks but how her personality seems like.

You can try apologizing by saying that it was inappropriate & not your place for you to make a comment about her looks, and try and emphasize that you like her personality and that she seems like a good fit for him (if that's what you think).
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Åmbulance View Post
    You were honest, and that's all that matters.
    This.

I'd prefer the cold honest truth, rather then sugar coated lies.

Of course, it appears he was merely asking what you thought of her character as a person - But eh, you simply answered best you could.

Wtf did he want you to say? Dont lie to him. Looks play a big part youre lying if personality is all that natters.