Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Deldavala View Post
    As a gamer I couldnt care less about the news. It will have no impact what-so-ever on the grand scale.
    Imo it will have an impact, as now Blizzard doesn't need to provide anymore results for non-videogame industry shareholders (Vivendi = a lot of things apart from videogames). Some of these were certainly having a big enough share to have a significant influence on global products direction, and this direction was not necessarly priorizing the videogames department. The punchline "can now focus more on its videogames" takes a lot of sense.
    Last edited by Kourvith; 2013-10-15 at 04:47 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    If nothings broken dont fix it. If people stop buying Call of duty then you can fix it. Until then they would be stupid too change anything.
    the thing is it is broken, the hit detection is fucking laughable and then theres the modders they dnt do shit bout anyway its offtopic so we shud get back ontopic

Quote Originally Posted by Kourvith View Post
    Imo it will have an impact, as now Blizzard doesn't need to provide anymore results for non-videogame industry shareholders (Vivendi = a lot of things apart from videogames). Some of these were certainly having a big enough share to have a significant influence on products direction, and this direction was not necessarly priorizing the videogames department. The punchline "can now focus more on its videogames" takes a lot of sense.
    ATVI is still a publicly traded company and as such is still answerable to its shareholders.

As a gamer I couldnt care less about the news. It will have no impact what-so-ever on the grand scale.

As a Shareholder for ATVI I am really happy and hopefully the rising trend since last week will continue forward.
    why would you invest in ATVI? they're stingy on dividends and the price is always mediocre.

Now if Blizzard could buy their way out of Activision we would really be getting somewhere.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerSwirl View Post
    Now if Blizzard could buy their way out of Activision we would really be getting somewhere.
    Why? What do you think would change? Blizzard without Activision would still be an entity that has to adapt to...to LEAD...an ever-changing market. A company that, above all else, would still need to prioritize its bottom line. They would still need to make controversial changes in order to be profitable and keep flagship titles afloat for years to come. They would not suddenly become an art-house studio that drew smiley faces on every game box sold through their front door. They would not transition to a mom-and-pop shop only concerned with making healthy snacks for boys and girls.

I really don't think people are even thinking rationally when they say things like this. Things would not change with an independent Blizzard. That ship sailed the moment they launched a profitable title. In fact, I don't think people would really want what Blizzard would have to do to remain at what they would deem acceptable profit-levels without the current advantages Activision provides.
    Blindingly defending Blizzard; ignorantly trashing Blizzard. Both require an emotional investment that I'm unwilling to give. I'll take reason, logic, facts, and the willingness to accept that I may be wrong. At the end of the day I'll have nothing to account for and I may even have learned something.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    why would you invest in ATVI? they're stingy on dividends and the price is always mediocre.
    I have stocks in almost all companies I find interesting. Makes me care more about the economical side of things and gives me more attachment to said company. Also currently they have netted me great amount of money, not the best stock ive invested in, but still a pretty decent gain.

I have stocks in almost all companies I find interesting. Makes me care more about the economical side of things and gives me more attachment to said company. Also currently they have netted me great amount of money, not the best stock ive invested in, but still a pretty decent gain.
    You'd probably have netted more in a decent savings account.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    You'd probably have netted more in a decent savings account.
    Not really. If I sell out now I would have made about 50% profit on my current stocks in ATVI. The dividents is almost non existant, but doesnt really matter. Plus I find it much more fun investing than to put it all in a savings account