Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Anyone else stop caring?

I have tried to care these past 2 tiers but I find myself logging in for maybe 10-20 mins a day, I just don't feel as thrilled if I raid, it's like "Oh I am not raiding this week? Oh well." I just find myself being really bored. It very well could be burn out but I also find I also dislike a lot of the things in the game (i.e button bloat and class homogenization).

So........anyone else just not really give a crap about this expansion/tier/whatever?
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

When you're burned out I find its easy for little petty things to bother you to give you a reason for quitting a game you've sunk a lot of time into. You can't just quit since you've put years into the game, so you lash out at something to make it feel easier to quit. When you're having fun the little things like you mentioned dont bother you one bit. Stop logging on for a few weeks and see what happens. You prolly just need a break.

I've felt this way for the past 2 years. I'm sorry but it isn't going to get any better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I've felt this way for the past 2 years. I'm sorry but it isn't going to get any better.
    Speak for yourself.

I was more or less a semi-hardcore raider from Vanilla through WotLK. Got fed up with raiding right around defeating the Lich King, and didn't raid a single tier ever since. For about 3 years, I was very casual about the game. Super excited about new expansions as always, and played both Cata and MoP for a few weeks at launch, but nothing serious. A month's worth of subscription every now and then. But with the introduction of the Timeless Isle, I got back into the action. I haven't started raiding yet, but I'm super excited to try out some SoO LFR.

Come the next expansion, I will probably be active for most of it, and raid LFR when I feel like it.

I wouldn't say that I stop caring, I'm just doing more things than before(outside WoW).
    I changed my priorities and I don't want to spend as much time for WoW as I did before, but I think I'm still caring about this game... Maybe a little slighter but still.

I've stopped caring about stuff I used to care about, like grinding achievements and reputation.

But I'm enjoying raiding a ton now.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Deleted
    When I've gotten to the point of not wanting to play more than 10 minutes a day, I've frozen my account and taken a break. At the end of the day you have to figure out if the entertainment you're getting is worth it. You might feel differently if you take a few weeks/month off or wait for some news of an expansion - which we should have soon.. perhaps the Blizzcon news will bring back your excitement for WoW

Deleted
    Stop playing, problem solved. That's what I do. :P

Deleted
    It doesn't? it did for me. I´m always doing some pauses on the game. The last one went from the start of cata until 2 months ago. I bought MoP, i loved it i now i´m pretty active and having lots of fun. But probably will unsubscribe when SoO starts getting old and just come back when i fell like it .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cryptic662 View Post
    When you're burned out I find its easy for little petty things to bother you to give you a reason for quitting a game you've sunk a lot of time into. You can't just quit since you've put years into the game, so you lash out at something to make it feel easier to quit. When you're having fun the little things like you mentioned dont bother you one bit. Stop logging on for a few weeks and see what happens. You prolly just need a break.
    This. It's something all of us deal with at 1 point or time. I got like it with WoW because i felt like i was paying to go to work. Even tho 15 a month is nothing to me. I just could'nt go into the game and in enjoy it without feeling crazy bored. I ended up just quitting and it was the best thing i have done. I moved back to Offline games the only Online games i look into now and then is GW2 Maplestory and Diablo 3 and i only play them games when i feel like it.

Its nice to sit back and dive into all the games i didn't play over the years because i was busy trying to gain goals in WoW like getting gear etc that ended being a waste of time because next patch would come out and everything would be useless and i would have to start over again. I only put this plan into action about 2 weeks ago. I am off for the next 2 days at work and spent half the day playing borderlands 2....Omg what have i been missing.
    " The fear of God is the beginning of Wisdom, Therefore he who has no fear of god has no wisdom "
    People saying we are in the end-times really don't know anything. Such as there's going to be 7 years of world peace before it happens and as long as china and russia are still a thing its safe to say its not going to happen anytime soon.

Anytime I am not actively raiding; I don't care..

I have no reason to care about getting my cloak, I have had no reason to grind out rep, I have had no reason to do much of anything because I always did it to make me a better raider. This is the first xpac I haven't actively raided as well.. So it's been a pretty boring one that idc that much about..

I started feeling that way since the introduction to LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was also thinking that maybe it's because I am Alliance, I have only been Alliance this expansion due to a friend and I find I feel meh towards them lol
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

10+ Year Old Account
    You've got over 1000 posts here and from what I can remember the vast majority of them have complained about the game and the people who play it. The only thing you liked about Cataclysm was transmogrification (your words) so this is not a new thing.

Take a break. Not just from the game but from forums as well. If it's burnout you're experiencing you're not going to be able to return to the game with a different outlook if you're making dozens of posts every week about how fucked up everything and everyone is.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    It comes and goes for me, i was not into 5.2/5.3 but i have been much more involved in 5.4

it's just a cycle.
    perhaps you should pick up going to the gym or jogging to pass the time instead.

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    I started feeling that way since the introduction to LFR.
    I've kept my sub active on two accounts just because of LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once you've been playing a while it's just natural progression I think. Try not to force yourself to play, if you're not having fun why bother? You'll just hate it more in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    I've kept my sub active on two accounts just because of LFR.
    I stopped caring to do regular/heroic raids or even setting up raid schedules becuse of LFR thats what i meant

Deleted
    Yes, I've stopped logging on apart from getting the weekly VP cap and raiding. Today I accidentally passed on an upgrade and I was like "eh, whatever". Don't think I'll even buy the next expansion. At the end of Cata, I was bored as well, but I thought "hey, maybe next expansion will be better!". And tbh, it was, but I still didn't feel any enthusiasm, so I think it's time to quit. Well, after this tier. I hate Garrosh enough to want to see him dead on hc.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're burned out, take a break. Everything gets old eventually. Girlfriends, jobs, life etc.