Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1
    Banned Seefer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    A little south of sanity
    Posts
    2,171

    Anyone else stop caring?

    I have tried to care these past 2 tiers but I find myself logging in for maybe 10-20 mins a day, I just don't feel as thrilled if I raid, it's like "Oh I am not raiding this week? Oh well." I just find myself being really bored. It very well could be burn out but I also find I also dislike a lot of the things in the game (i.e button bloat and class homogenization).

    So........anyone else just not really give a crap about this expansion/tier/whatever?

  2. #2
    When you're burned out I find its easy for little petty things to bother you to give you a reason for quitting a game you've sunk a lot of time into. You can't just quit since you've put years into the game, so you lash out at something to make it feel easier to quit. When you're having fun the little things like you mentioned dont bother you one bit. Stop logging on for a few weeks and see what happens. You prolly just need a break.

  3. #3
    Pandaren Monk Knadra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Minato-Ku, Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    1,846
    I've felt this way for the past 2 years. I'm sorry but it isn't going to get any better.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I've felt this way for the past 2 years. I'm sorry but it isn't going to get any better.
    Speak for yourself.

    I was more or less a semi-hardcore raider from Vanilla through WotLK. Got fed up with raiding right around defeating the Lich King, and didn't raid a single tier ever since. For about 3 years, I was very casual about the game. Super excited about new expansions as always, and played both Cata and MoP for a few weeks at launch, but nothing serious. A month's worth of subscription every now and then. But with the introduction of the Timeless Isle, I got back into the action. I haven't started raiding yet, but I'm super excited to try out some SoO LFR.

    Come the next expansion, I will probably be active for most of it, and raid LFR when I feel like it.
    "Good morning!" said Bilbo, and he meant it. The sun was shining, and the grass was very green. But Gandalf looked at him from under long bushy eyebrows that stuck out farther than the brim of his shady hat.

    Author of: Mount 2.0 (MMO-Champion Thread)
    Author of: World Enhancement Patch 1.0 (MMO-Champion Thread)

  5. #5
    I wouldn't say that I stop caring, I'm just doing more things than before(outside WoW).
    I changed my priorities and I don't want to spend as much time for WoW as I did before, but I think I'm still caring about this game... Maybe a little slighter but still.

  6. #6
    I've stopped caring about stuff I used to care about, like grinding achievements and reputation.

    But I'm enjoying raiding a ton now.
    Garth Brooks convinced me it's not living if I stand outside the fire

  7. #7
    Moderator Shamanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Cardiff, Wales
    Posts
    10,569
    When I've gotten to the point of not wanting to play more than 10 minutes a day, I've frozen my account and taken a break. At the end of the day you have to figure out if the entertainment you're getting is worth it. You might feel differently if you take a few weeks/month off or wait for some news of an expansion - which we should have soon.. perhaps the Blizzcon news will bring back your excitement for WoW
    Moderator of Professions | General Discussion | Diablo 3 | Guild Wars 2
    Please take the time to read the Forum Guidelines & Sig Guidelines

    Currently playing: No MMOs | Diablo 3 | LoL | Hex TCG | Hearthstone
    Steam | Twitter

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I've felt this way for the past 2 years. I'm sorry but it isn't going to get any better.
    Stop playing, problem solved. That's what I do. :P

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I've felt this way for the past 2 years. I'm sorry but it isn't going to get any better.
    It doesn't? it did for me. I´m always doing some pauses on the game. The last one went from the start of cata until 2 months ago. I bought MoP, i loved it i now i´m pretty active and having lots of fun. But probably will unsubscribe when SoO starts getting old and just come back when i fell like it .

  10. #10
    High Overlord Jaroko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    In another World.
    Posts
    103
    Quote Originally Posted by cryptic662 View Post
    When you're burned out I find its easy for little petty things to bother you to give you a reason for quitting a game you've sunk a lot of time into. You can't just quit since you've put years into the game, so you lash out at something to make it feel easier to quit. When you're having fun the little things like you mentioned dont bother you one bit. Stop logging on for a few weeks and see what happens. You prolly just need a break.
    This. It's something all of us deal with at 1 point or time. I got like it with WoW because i felt like i was paying to go to work. Even tho 15 a month is nothing to me. I just could'nt go into the game and in enjoy it without feeling crazy bored. I ended up just quitting and it was the best thing i have done. I moved back to Offline games the only Online games i look into now and then is GW2 Maplestory and Diablo 3 and i only play them games when i feel like it.

    Its nice to sit back and dive into all the games i didn't play over the years because i was busy trying to gain goals in WoW like getting gear etc that ended being a waste of time because next patch would come out and everything would be useless and i would have to start over again. I only put this plan into action about 2 weeks ago. I am off for the next 2 days at work and spent half the day playing borderlands 2....Omg what have i been missing.
    Maturity has more to do with what types of experiences you've had, and what you've learned from them, and less to do with how many birthdays you've celebrated.

    In todays times, People are obsessed with the end of days, Claiming that these are the darkest of times. It's only when you open a History book do we realize we have no right to - Scott J Keill.

  11. #11
    Anytime I am not actively raiding; I don't care..

    I have no reason to care about getting my cloak, I have had no reason to grind out rep, I have had no reason to do much of anything because I always did it to make me a better raider. This is the first xpac I haven't actively raided as well.. So it's been a pretty boring one that idc that much about..

  12. #12
    I started feeling that way since the introduction to LFR.

  13. #13
    Banned Seefer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    A little south of sanity
    Posts
    2,171
    I was also thinking that maybe it's because I am Alliance, I have only been Alliance this expansion due to a friend and I find I feel meh towards them lol

  14. #14
    Moderator MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Posts
    10,877
    You've got over 1000 posts here and from what I can remember the vast majority of them have complained about the game and the people who play it. The only thing you liked about Cataclysm was transmogrification (your words) so this is not a new thing.

    Take a break. Not just from the game but from forums as well. If it's burnout you're experiencing you're not going to be able to return to the game with a different outlook if you're making dozens of posts every week about how fucked up everything and everyone is.
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

    It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

  15. #15
    Scarab Lord Grubjuice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Spook central
    Posts
    4,145
    It comes and goes for me, i was not into 5.2/5.3 but i have been much more involved in 5.4

    it's just a cycle.
    perhaps you should pick up going to the gym or jogging to pass the time instead.
    .


    When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    I started feeling that way since the introduction to LFR.
    I've kept my sub active on two accounts just because of LFR.

  17. #17
    The Patient Furtylol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    The Lonely Mountain
    Posts
    343
    Once you've been playing a while it's just natural progression I think. Try not to force yourself to play, if you're not having fun why bother? You'll just hate it more in the end.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    I've kept my sub active on two accounts just because of LFR.
    I stopped caring to do regular/heroic raids or even setting up raid schedules becuse of LFR thats what i meant

  19. #19
    Yes, I've stopped logging on apart from getting the weekly VP cap and raiding. Today I accidentally passed on an upgrade and I was like "eh, whatever". Don't think I'll even buy the next expansion. At the end of Cata, I was bored as well, but I thought "hey, maybe next expansion will be better!". And tbh, it was, but I still didn't feel any enthusiasm, so I think it's time to quit. Well, after this tier. I hate Garrosh enough to want to see him dead on hc.

  20. #20
    The Lightbringer UnifiedDivide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    3,789
    Honestly, I think I'm at the point where I'm ready for a new setting and different lore. I love MoP and the scenery and lore and whatnot but right now I just don't care to raid and such. Also may be because I joined a new guild recently and as friendly as they can be, they just don't talk to you unless you're on Mumble. I like have music pumping into my ears when doing stuff in the world or LFR and so on lol So Mumble just gets in the way. Maybe I'm just finally becoming anti-social

    Still, I enjoy the game and I'm not quite to the point of not caring, I just need something new, I think.

    Rarely updated...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •