Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
10
11
LastLast
  1. #161
    Stood in the Fire allatar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Swansea, Wales
    Posts
    392
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrissey View Post
    Did they not already implement this? It was tested and available in other regions already.
    No they didn't implement it. And besides, why pay cash for it when you just farm the mobs that already drop the exact same item that have been in the game since Mists launch?
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

    Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune

  2. #162
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    Indeed... there was even an option that stated: I quit because my class was nerfed.....
    Seriously? People actually quit because of that?
    You probably lack any ambition and therefore its not a problem for you. If however you wish to play at top tier it's more than annoying to level one class up and play it to glad only to find out that next saison you got nerved to bottom tier and wont cut it. Its a legitime reason to rather quit than level a new fotm combo.

  3. #163
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,021
    I quit around 3 months ago, because I felt like I had unhealthy relationship with the game. I had almost all classes at 90, was jumping between alts because I couldn't make up my mind as to what to play because I was unhappy with my resto druid main (mainly raid performance), and felt compelled to do dailies. It got to the point where I just dreaded logging on and it would take me like 3 hours to do a full set of dailies because I would tab out so frequently.

    However, I resubbed a few days ago but decided to start fresh. I realized I had more bad memories than good tied to my old server and my old characters, so I deleted it all. I didn't care how much I could sell my account for, I just wanted that old stuff gone. And it was remarkably easy. When I deleted my main I felt great relief.

    Now, I'm playing on the server I want to play on and a class that I really enjoy and plan on sticking with regardless of its ups and downs. Reading quest text, no heirlooms, and just taking my time now, and I'm having a lot of fun again.

  4. #164
    High Overlord holypriest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    169
    Haven't quit yet but I'm thinking about it.

    I had to stop raiding with my guild as I can't commit to 4-5 days a week raiding anymore. Without having to raid I barely log on anymore as their isn't much else I want to do. Trying to find a new guild but finding one that only raids 2-3 nights a week, does heroics and wants a holy priest (especially since it has been sorta sub par all expansion and I've never liked playing disc) has been more effort than its worth I think.
    Thanks to Shyama for my beautiful signature
    Naobí Retired

  5. #165
    Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    You probably lack any ambition and therefore its not a problem for you. If however you wish to play at top tier it's more than annoying to level one class up and play it to glad only to find out that next saison you got nerved to bottom tier and wont cut it. Its a legitime reason to rather quit than level a new fotm combo.
    I can honestly imagine that for pvp-players this sucks. But I can easily blame the players themselves for this. Did these players learn nothing? Especially if your class is currently "OP", that Blizzard will strike you sooner rather then later with the Nerfbat. And that goes for every class every once in a while. How can you nit have the foresight to know this?

    PS: you claiming I have no ambition is laughable. As you can't deduct that from my post. Please refrain from making such comments, solely because I sorta upset you with my post.

  6. #166
    Boy, I hate to speak ill of people, but I got to say, the forums would be much better off if the people who quit WoW quit these forums too. A lot of the posts in this thread feel like people waiting around for vindication. It seems absurd to even have to say this, but, WoW is going to be just fine w/o you, it's a fair bet WoW will still be around 5 years from now. I just don't understand what some of you are after here.

  7. #167
    Scarab Lord Grubjuice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Spook central
    Posts
    4,159
    it's cheaper than cable, why would i quit?
    .


    When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

  8. #168
    Every single one of my old IRL WoW friends now plays LoL and doesn't want to hear about WoW anymore. They weren't even PVPers. I tried the game but didn't like it.

  9. #169
    Wow has always been a timesink but at least it was more social back in Vanilla and BC and to some extent even Wrath. Loved my former guilds and I would logon just to talk with friends and some event would always evolve from our conversations, silly stuff like a naked low level dungeon run for fun.
    Wow has degraded into an endless loot chase that strips the fun and social aspect from the game, its an neverending assembly line of grind, gear upgrade, grind that requires no further engagement than sitting there and clicking a mouse. Its sad.

  10. #170
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    I can honestly imagine that for pvp-players this sucks. But I can easily blame the players themselves for this. Did these players learn nothing? Especially if your class is currently "OP", that Blizzard will strike you sooner rather then later with the Nerfbat. And that goes for every class every once in a while. How can you nit have the foresight to know this?

    PS: you claiming I have no ambition is laughable. As you can't deduct that from my post. Please refrain from making such comments, solely because I sorta upset you with my post.
    If you neither aim for gladiator nor world first kills i wouldn't call myself ambitious. And it wasn't meant as an insult but simple observation that playing a weak class is not a problem unless you want to reach the top where even little advantages can ruin games. Everyone knows that blizz changes fotm every season it's just that it also affects classes that weren't top tier before, its okay to get nerfed from best to middle but its a ragequit for middle to bottom. Most serious pvp players i know rerolled because of it but many also quit cause they don't want to be forced into leveling&gearing new characters just to be able to continue playing competitive at a high level.
    Last edited by bt4; 2013-10-16 at 04:38 PM.

  11. #171
    Quote Originally Posted by SausageRawr View Post
    If you quit WoW, when was it, why did you do it? And what are you doing now that you've quit the game, I mean you've obviously got a LOT of time on your hands now.
    I bought MoP when it was on sale in January, and then got a 1 month sub a few days later. That's the last time I paid for it, though I got a free week for 5.1 and 5.2. I tried Landfall for 3 days but couldn't get far with the dailies story. And only tried Isle of Thunder for about 2 hours before getting tired of it.

    I bought it because I was getting a bit bored and not having any compulsion or drive to play the games I owned. I was remembering how "orderly and structured" my gaming life was when I only played WoW, and thought I could revisit it. That, and everyone was just gushing about how good MoP was and how it made up for how bad Cataclysm was. I guess I was also hoping to start fresh and maybe make some new friends or join a guild.

    I quit for a multitude of reasons, but I think I only managed to fit one or two into the 300-char form. CRZ was a big one. The whole Asia and panda theme just didn't appeal to me either. Lorewalker Cho was the most obnoxious central character I had ever seen. The changes to talents made them so optional that I actually forgot about most of them and didn't even notice. The dailies were literally putting me to sleep at my keyboard. I guess I've played WoW so much that even a new coat of MoP paint can't hide the grind and mechanics from me. The story was the only thing that kept me going, and even that didn't last long or was satisfying enough. The whole expansion just felt like a side story or "gaiden".

    What am I doing now? Playing my PC, 3DS and PS3 games. MMO-wise, I picked up FF14 for a bit. If I get lucky enough to join the ESO or Wildstar betas, I'll play those. Just got Pokemon X and that'll keep me busy for a while. And GTA V is in my PS3 for when I finish with that.

  12. #172
    Back in December, then again in June. PVE just isn't for me anymore and PVP by itself gets boring quite fast. I don't like running through content repeatedly just so I can do it again for the next difficulty of the SAME content. Then again after that for the next difficulty of the SAME content.

  13. #173
    Quote Originally Posted by JKim View Post
    ...It sucks that I wasted years raiding 4-5 days a week 4 hours a night each night, instead of doing more productive things...
    Totally agree with you here, but I'm currently worknig in a really small town where the only fun is Wal-Mart, so $15 a month is actually saving me money. I regulate my time more on it now too. Wish I would've done that when I was younger and studying though, : /.

    OT: I've quit this game. So. Many. Times. And the general of what causes me to see that sad little Orc asking me to stay is:
    1.) I'm a professional Actor and Singer, so when I get jobs money + what I love to do >>>>>>> WoW.

    2.) PvE has become a little too boring for me to be bothered with "Hardcore" raiding anymore. I dropped that title in WotLK with my Deathbringer's Will that I had saved weeks. WEEKS of DKP for was handed off to the GM's little smart-mouthed Girl-toy becuase she was flirting with him. When I approched him about it, he /gkicked me. It was my core raid. I dropped PvE pretty quick after that. It still grinds me to think about it.

    3.) Blizzard can't balance PvP for beans. I really love PvP, but I can't be bothered with how much FotM and instant CC makes me want to punch small, furry cute things. Everytime I've tried being competitive I get to a good rank then some class is buffed to god-mode and eats my rating because that's all you see after that, on top of my arena partners /ragequitting or dropping sub for lack of money / time.

    Lastly 4.) Money. When my budget calls for me dumping funds into something else, I do. WoW will never be anything more than under the "If I have it" file of my budget.

  14. #174
    Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    If you neither aim for gladiator nor world first kills i wouldn't call myself ambitious. And it wasn't meant as an insult but simple observation that playing a weak class is not a problem unless you want to reach the top where even little advantages can ruin games. Everyone knows that blizz changes fotm every season it's just that it also affects classes that weren't top tier before, its okay to get nerfed from best to middle but its a ragequit for middle to bottom. Most serious pvp players i know rerolled because of it but many also quit cause they don't want to be forced into leveling&gearing new characters just to be able to continue playing competitive at a high level.
    Sorry again but you're overreacting. Being a gladiator does not equal the world first rank. Getting gladiator is much much easier then getting rank 1.
    Now if you said something along the lines of: Being server first vs being a gladiator, then yes I agree. But you don't know anything about me or what my "WoW accomplishments" are, unless you took the time to see my achievements. And if you did check them you'd know that at the very least I wás very much ambitious.

    Going from middle to bottom is indeed annoying. Still "ragequitting" is something imo only unstable people or kids would do. The funny thing is and this probably doesn't include you. But the way you speak about "pvpers" who would ragequit only confirms that I am glad I never stepped into "the ring" other then when I needed an item back in TBC because a healingmace did not drop. Got to 1900 rating and got my mace, instantly quit after. Now 1900 isn't at all a lot. But it does give ME a sign that I am def. not comfortable in "the ring". I liked BG's tho from Vanilla towards TBC and some from Wrath, but gave it up.

    Again I am not saying it does not suck. I am saying people who ragequit over a statdecrease or ability change have issues. Issues that go beyond WoW.

  15. #175
    It's sad to read some of these stories. The shinyness is what we all seem to so fondly remember.

    I quit right after WotLK. Nothing in Cata appealed to me, I hated the class changes (hunter), the talent changes, and I didn't like shared lockout/loot between 10 and 25.

    I started again seriously in 5.4 and I like it a good bit. Still not shiny though...

  16. #176
    Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    You probably lack any ambition and therefore its not a problem for you. If however you wish to play at top tier it's more than annoying to level one class up and play it to glad only to find out that next saison you got nerved to bottom tier and wont cut it. Its a legitime reason to rather quit than level a new fotm combo.
    One of the most ridiculous posts I have ever read on here. Pure trolling.

  17. #177
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    France, Illidan-EU
    Posts
    1,743
    I quit after the the first week of SoO but it was a delayed decision not a sudden move.
    Mostly because I didn't want to spend 4hours/6days raiding every night anymore

    Now if the next expansion seems awesome and if I have the time, who knows...
    NEW Android App : World of Quizzcraft
    Test your knowledge of WoW with more than 1100 questions and 80 achievements!

    Web Apps : Deaths Analyzer, WoL Timeline, Megaera Dps Calculator
    WoW-Heroes

  18. #178
    first time during progression of HC Rag but main reason was most of my friends I played with left

    second time after first MoP tier - also same reason as my friends who came back for MoP left again

    I miss the game and friends on mumble but hey..got family and little daughter now so can't be happier .)

  19. #179
    I quit during 5.3. Came back for 7 free days in 5.4.

    To sum up why I quit, I wasn't having fun.

    Lot's of straws broke the camels back. Don't really like Pandaria in general, nor do I particularly care for Pandarens which would be easy to deal with if there wasn't so many of them. That isn't that big of a deal really though if the rest of the game was fun. Dailies and capping valor probably led to me getting burned out. I hate what they did to the talent trees. I have always been a bit of an altaholic but had very little time to play with my alts since my main took so much time. One day it just dawned on me that I was killing time doing boring things in queues to do content that was not fun to get gear that I didn't like just so that when they released more LFR wings I could start all over again. The absurdity of it almost made me laugh. I came back for 5.4 for 7 days, geared up my main enough to do SoO in about an hour(I was most of the way there already). I did the first 2 wings on my main and my favorite alt, I managed to gear up 4 other alts enough to run it as well, without actually playing them hardly at all.(I ran 2 of them through timeless isle, 1 hour each). It was kind of fun to experience the new stuff, but after 7 days I didn't really think there was anything there that would come close to holding my interest for an entire month. Not to mention there really isn't a single class that has gear in SoO that makes me really want to work towards it, for me most of it ranges from "meh" to "hey that's not bad".


    LFR just isn't fun and there aren't any fun options that provide similar character progression. With the introduction of timeless isle I went from not having enough time to play my alts to not having any reason to bother since they are already all geared out with timeless isle gear. I wanted more time to play my alts, not free epics for all my alts.

  20. #180
    Is it "why did you quit WOW" thursday again?! time sure flies.

    Can't we just make a stickied mega thread? would save us all trouble.
    Last edited by Chillybeans; 2013-10-17 at 08:18 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •