Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Hunter Talk and Stuff

How about a thread to talk about hunter esque things, guns, bows, xbows, pets. Just general hunter stuff? To kick things off any of my fellow hunter bros and broettes irl hunters? When I was in my teens my uncle would take me and his 2 sons hunting deer and I went to the dominican republic to stay with family my other uncle took me hunting and taught me hunter stuff, tracking, gutting, skinning, shooting and all that. Ive been wanting to get back to hunting where I live right now just cant really find a rifle I want. What about you fellows ?
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

I would never actually own a gun or bow, or hunt animals IRL. I'm a city-dwelling liberal with a law degree. Who knows what that means in terms of me being a hunter in WoW, lol.

Though, I did grow up in a more country-esque setting though, where we got the first day of deer hunting season off in high school because so many guys were off hunting with their dads. I went to an all boys school so the place would have been practically empty otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunting is only acceptable as a mean for survival, not for a sport.
    Though I would love to go out and shoot at some targets.

Speaking about WoW: Why were pet talent trees removed? I would like pets to have same talents like we have now for characters. For example 3 tiers, 3 abilities per tier.
    First tier for survival: 'shield wall' 'instant heal' 'passive damage reduction'
    Second tier for damage: 'increase pet damage for x seconds' 'increase attack speed and crit for x seconds' 'each hit increases attack and movement speed, stacks x times'
    Third tier for utility: 'Bloodlust/Heroism' 'Combat Res' 'Sacrifice - pet dies instead of hunter, passive with cooldown, pet can't be summoned while on cd'

On another note, I would like to have a 'pet transmog', but then people would cry in PvP >.>
    Last edited by Cyrops; 2013-10-15 at 07:46 AM.
    PM me weird stuff :3

Hola! Im not much of a hunter irl, because of the location i live atm, but i do fish and camp a lot. Hoping to move after i'm done with my studies and go hunting for deer and rabbits. The ammount of deer in the surrounding mountains are getting to a dangerous level. had a 70% increase in deer related car accidents the past two years. So I'm looking at it as 'damage control' instead of 'sport' ... (and i LOVE deer meat <3)

Wow:
    As Cyrops said, i miss the talent trees, it made pets more special and personal.. i also miss the happiness counter.. but thats just me.
    If i could bring back 1 ting to wow hunters, it would be quivers on your back or on your hip. its a small cosmetic change that wouldn't take blizz forever to do..
    But i guess we're just gonna be happy we got 50 stable slots.
    I like my coffe like my mages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I don't dig hunting for sport. When we would go hunting anything we caught would be used. Deer jerky = nomnomnom. My dog also liked chewing on dehydrated rabbit feet. I would give my dog the look of disappointment when he would bring me a mouse or critter in the morning before i went to school don't you hate when pet abilities bug out and work when they shouldn't. He was a inside house dog lol

On the topic of pets my latest dog cba to do anything that lazy bum. She just loves to eat and sleep and roam the porch kinda odd for a Dalmatian Rottweiler mix
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    I was an archer from 10-17 years old, competitions, hunting and everything, probably part of the reason why I felt such an affinity to the hunter class...Having a pet was also a major selling point for me. Sadly the hunter class is not for me anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by Anium View Post
    I was an archer from 10-17 years old, competitions, hunting and everything, probably part of the reason why I felt such an affinity to the hunter class...Having a pet was also a major selling point for me. Sadly the hunter class is not for me anymore...
    Sad to hear that, Myself being less and less attracted to the hunter pets and more and more into the warlock pets.
    still Physical damage over silly magic anyday!! *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post
    Third tier for utility: 'Sacrifice - pet dies instead of hunter, passive with cooldown, pet can't be summoned while on cd'
    I'd love this actually, specially since we only have 1 viable Defense CD... Camouflage is iffy, since if you take any sort of random damage it breaks.

They might have to disable all those tier 3 abilities for PvP. Lust and Brez already disabled in arenas for classes.

hard as hell to post from a phone.. lol

People who don't approve of hunting for sport have obviously never hit a deer while driving.

I'm all for animal rights and definitely against animal abuse, but on a serious note, overpopulation of animals like deer that cause very real dangers to people need to be dealt with. I'm not saying hunting is necessarily the best way, but if you ask me what's more human for the deer: being shot and killed instantly by a hunter, or being mauled by a mountain lion? I think the answer is pretty obvious.

@ Skygoneblue
    see my first post :3

there's a difference between controll on the deer population and hunting for sport imho

(Just to be clear, I don't particularly care about this issue. I'm just participating for the fun of discussion.)

It's hard to say you support population control, but not hunting for sport, as hunting for sport is a form of population control. B causes A. That's walking a very fine line where you risk contradicting yourself by asserting that one form of killing an animal is ok, but another isn't. You aren't taking a stance against killing, but in how it's done or who does it (or what's done with the body afterwards).

To make a silly comparison, let's say I'm against competitive racing (like NASCAR), but I'm not against driving fast. Does that make any sense to hold that belief?

Quote Originally Posted by Skygoneblue View Post
    It's hard to say you support population control, but not hunting for sport, as hunting for sport is a form of population control. B causes A. That's walking a very fine line where you risk contradicting yourself by asserting that one form of killing an animal is ok, but another isn't. You aren't taking a stance against killing, but in how it's done or who does it (or what's done with the body afterwards).
    Sports hunting does help population, But there's a difference in doing it out of necessity and doing it because of "fun" :>

We aren't disagreeing on any point really. I'm just trying to point out that if you're going to take a moral stance on population control, you're going to have to build a strong case for why it's ok to kill an animal under a certain set of circumstances, but not others. That kind of view flirts very heavily with hypocrisy in the eyes of people who take a stance to one side or the other. You're kind of on the fence of conditions that are hard to justify.

I just want a nice quiver.

10+ Year Old Account
    Derailing thread much? D:

Anyone else think there will be some hunter love in next expansion?
    I recently did the 'demon hunter secret training book' quest/achievement and I must say, I AM hoping for some hunter love, especially if Alleria Windrunner returns and gives us something cool.
    Anyone else think a fourth spec wouldn't be out of question for all classes next expansion? A hunter could get a 'petless' 4th spec like "Ranger" as Alleria's 'class' or something similar.
    As much as I like my pet when soloing, in group and raids a pet is just a dot that randomly gets 'dispelled'.

We can wish Cycrops, in every thread i've been seeing about hunter-changes and wishes the "Petless Hunter" is a constant.

We could get a glyph to remove our pets and get a dps boost instead (SAC like)
    we could get a 4th specc like you mentioned
    Or we could have a metamorphis/fuision like thing with our pet where we get all new abilities

Personally i doubt we will get much attention since they gave us quite a few things we've been asking for in pandaria (Stampede - a way to see your entire crew at once, 50 more slots, some of the talent changes, and FINALY A INTERRUPT FOR ALL OF US!).

but as penguin said, and i've said for a hundred times, and ill say it a hundred more untill i get it, i just want a quiver.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Scranton, PA...yes where the office was made!
    Am I the only one who wants dual pistols, but they drop together, and are on par with the bows/guns/cbows. Then a holster on the side!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EverdayMJ View Post
    Am I the only one who wants dual pistols, but they drop together, and are on par with the bows/guns/cbows. Then a holster on the side!!
    Yes, you are the only one.
    I personally would like a rocket launcher then :P or something shoulder-mounted-like, or a gun that you carry like a chaingun :O

Or perhaps new expansion abilities that let you equip different weapons to use different skills :3

But this is a perfect thread for voicing our dreams ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by EverdayMJ View Post
    Am I the only one who wants dual pistols, but they drop together, and are on par with the bows/guns/Xbows. Then a holster on the side!!
    no, i've had a idea like this since wrath, i just don't see blizzard giving us a 4th ranged weapon type when we're the only class who can use em.
    MAYBE if they introduced another ranged class. But to be honest i would prefer Glaives (not Illidan style, but huntress from WC3 style) melee weapons that -could- potentially be thrown... Sadly, our talent "glaive toss" basically covered this, and is just as improbable

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post
    I personally would like a rocket launcher then :P or something shoulder-mounted-like, or a gun that you carry like a chaingun :O
    Or perhaps new expansion abilities that let you equip different weapons to use different skills :3
    But this is a perfect thread for voicing our dreams ^_^
    Rocket launcher is covered with engineering trinkets / tinkers / goblin rocket launch ability.

we need to be careful and not break that "old and simple goblin / gnomish engineering" look of weapons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danmakus View Post

Rocket launcher is covered with engineering trinkets / tinkers / goblin rocket launch ability.

we need to be careful and not break that "old and simple goblin / gnomish engineering" look of weapons.
    I was thinking an actual weapon you would use all the time.