Please rate our resto druid - no idea if he's underperforming

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/t...pes&boss=71504

We wiped on Siegecrafter a lot and I know many people are to blame for standing in fire, no dps on mine, getting hit by missile etc. I want this awesome community to help us out as I personally think our healers are sub-par. However, I don't really know much about healing so I may be completely wrong.

The tank died a few times by just getting melee'd by the Shredder. My first thought is "not enough healing". Can our druid improve? Are there things he's doing wrong or not doing?

He may be a bit undergeared at ilvl 544.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Chancie; 2013-11-05 at 01:25 PM. Reason: more accurate title

Deleted
    Well just looking at your try 5 (one of the longest) and from my not so far experience I will try to help a bit:
    - At the end of the try he dindt used lifebloom correctly and let it drop for nearly the last minute and shouldnt never let lifebloom drop
    - He is not using Ironbark to much he should use it near to on cd, I usuall first time siegecrafter enrages because a weapon kill and on cd after that
    - He is not using Nature Swiftness, he only used it once on that try and he should use it more because its a free heal.
    - He is not using his bonus tier, once he reached 5 sage mender stacks he didn't cast healing touch at all and last long time with 5 stacks wasting the posibility of getting new stacks and sometimes the same happens with clearcasting.

Looking at his armory ( http://eu.battle.net/wow/es/characte...juice/advanced ):
    - He is not at one of the important haste breakpoints he should stay at 3k or 13k haste and then stack mastery.
    - He maybe have much spirit in my opinionbut ad he don't have neither legendary meta-gem or cloak maybe he need it

Well that is what I can see with my experience, but hope someone else can help you and confirm what I said so I know i have learned a bit too

Gear-wise I agree with Tranks - reforging is completely off, he reforges into haste to get 6k+ when he should be at 3043. Spirit seems way too much for normal modes.

Concerning the logs: 3-healing Siegecrafter means it's hard to evaluate the healers because there simply is not enough to heal for everyone (70% overheal).
    Looking at the Thok kill, however, there are some serious problems with his healing.
    - 28% Lifebloom uptime?!? Can't be serious. He's missing tons of healing and lots of clearcasting procs. This should be close to 100% even if the tank is out of range (put it on self).
    - 73% Harmony uptime. It's so easy to keep it up, maybe he should make a WeakAura display or something to track it. Or fix the next point:
    - 16x Swiftmend in 8 minutes. This spell should be used almost on CD, especially with so much damage incoming as in Thok phases 1. I used it 28 times in the same fight length.
    Other than that, spell distribution and cooldown usage generally looks fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalur View Post
    Gear-wise I agree with Tranks - reforging is completely off, he reforges into haste to get 6k+ when he should be at 3043. Spirit seems way too much for normal modes.

Concerning the logs: 3-healing Siegecrafter means it's hard to evaluate the healers because there simply is not enough to heal for everyone (70% overheal).
    Lol siegecrafter is just a bad fight to measure the healing done, I am doing 145k dps on that fight as a resto druid. And still only 9k hps behind the other healer. With full main group I suppose I could get it up to around 200k

Quote Originally Posted by theburned View Post
    Lol siegecrafter is just a bad fight to measure the healing done, I am doing 145k dps on that fight as a resto druid. And still only 9k hps behind the other healer. With full main group I suppose I could get it up to around 200k
    dps or hps?
    Mew!

Quote Originally Posted by Mirri View Post
    dps or hps?
    my hps is around 70k on that fight so obviously dps

my hps is around 70k on that fight so obviously dps
    200k dps over the entire fight as a druid healer? You have to teach me how to do that!
    Preferably with logs/vid/evidence coz it sounds unbelievable.
    Mew!

Quote Originally Posted by Mirri View Post
    200k dps over the entire fight as a druid healer? You have to teach me how to do that!
    Preferably with logs/vid/evidence coz it sounds unbelievable.
    have yet to pull 200k, but we had a friends and family shaman joining us, thus slowing down the fight, the shorter the fight the higher dps.

but at least some evidence of 145k dps here
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-1v...e/?s=752&e=906
    what I do, saving trinket proccs, not healing until 5 sec before pull timer starting off with a rejuvenation -> putting down shroom (will proc trinkets in most cases) -> popping SotF -> prepotting -> hotw -> moonfire -> spam wrath -> use rejuvenation when you have to move or when cd on swiftmend is less than 2 sec -> refresh moonfire with sotf -> spam wrath and keep going and rinse and repeat.

if you can heal through galakras, thok, and juggernaut, the issues of death are probably on players other than the healers or the fact that damage is dumb and really bursty

also on those attempts he was doing pretty shitty
    is everyone dodging the sawblades properly and killing crawler mines?
    are the shredders dying fast enough
    the death from above area

ok attempt 1 he dies from 2 shredders up at the same time affectively hitting the entire raid for 600k in about 1 second ouch

2: resto drood dies to shredder blades lol, each tanks later die

3: pally tank gets no heals and crawler mines run are going off

4: pally tank gets hit for 2 melees and an overload for over 1 million in 1.5 seconds LOL (but seriously, any of your healers could've fixed this)

5: pally tank dies to 2 melee hits over and a 600k charge hit over 5 seconds, this should've been prevented, then warrior tnak dies a minute late to shredder blades and crawler mines going off

6: pally tank dies to protective frenzy in 2s

7: I don't know what the fuck is going on here, both tanks died to having shredders and the boss hitting them at the same time

I skippped one, and I don't know which

ok, tell him that healing up the raid can wait until the raid is topped off

and also, most of this shit is the tanks' faults for failing at killing shredders before another comes up but I think that stops in later attempts

last few he stood in laser fire so maybe he was ding because he knew it was a wipe or he was being bad

I don't see him really using his symbioses in many of the attempts and being able to throw regrowth and tranq while moving helps a ton on siegecrafter

also I'm seeing some attempts where your warrior tank is getting like 1 shot levels of damage from the 3rd-4th hit of electrostatic charge so he needs to be better at popping cooldowns and stop getting hit by shredder blades and make sure healers always try and have the blackfuse tank topped off

you also had attempts where crawler mines were going off

and as people above said, raid wasn't playing well, and him performing better could've helped by preventing some of those wipes, but that same statement pretty much applies to half of your group

MOST IMPORTANT PART
    ok, so assuming people stop standing in shit, tell ALL the healers to prioritize getting tanks up first as they will be receiving more incoming damage as the only raid damage should be overloads from the shredders and electromagnets so people shouldn't be dying and healing them isn't a priority as they have like 15seconds to heal the raid up as where the tanks take crazy damage on this fight, that can be an issue with people sometimes who are used to reactively aoe healing the moment more than 3 people are damaged, try to have your disc priest throw up spirit shell for each shredder's third overload cause that shit hurts and will definitely kill anyone who isn't topped off

make sure tanks call for ironbark or pain supp if they need a cooldown and don't have 1 up

have yet to pull 200k, but we had a friends and family shaman joining us, thus slowing down the fight, the shorter the fight the higher dps.

but at least some evidence of 145k dps here
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-1v...e/?s=752&e=906
    what I do, saving trinket proccs, not healing until 5 sec before pull timer starting off with a rejuvenation -> putting down shroom (will proc trinkets in most cases) -> popping SotF -> prepotting -> hotw -> moonfire -> spam wrath -> use rejuvenation when you have to move or when cd on swiftmend is less than 2 sec -> refresh moonfire with sotf -> spam wrath and keep going and rinse and repeat.
    Ur raid is killing Siegecraft in 2:30 minutes and you are using HotW+pre-pot so yeah your dps will be quite high as a resto druid. On paragons your dps dropped to 29k dps. Anyways, that's beside the point. As to the OP question, your resto druid seems fine overall, there a few things he can improve (NS and IronBark usage and a bit low uptime on harmony/LB), but it feels like you healers are not having too much trouble overall except for burst where everyone is getting hit and some ppl endup dying to healers busy with others... I'd honestly suggest him to ToL instead of SotF to cover for bursts (his WG overheal is at 70%, just a pure waste of mana) and set up healing rotations for the abilities (when the add does the stomp aoe damage) and last but not least assign some healers to tanks, i.e. assign your resto druid to whoever tank is tanking the add and assign another healer to have priority on the tank on the boss.