Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Other] what things do you hate about your fave moveis or tv shows?

e.g

Walking Dead - character has been use to the walkers for months, yet are still dumb enough to squeal, make sounds or drop things that have me almost screaming , stupid

Movies:
    Horror movies - the chick that always screams and rather than run out of the house, away, stays there witing to be murdered

or the person being chased by the car on an empty road, runs straight along the road rather than running into the woods where the car won't be able to follow.

Funny, was thinking about this today.

While not my absolute FAVORITE show, I always hated it when they saved the big Digivolutions and shit till the end of the episode and only for a couple minutes in pretty much every Digimon season.
    It would be dark inside my head...if not for the fires...

talking about digimon, the worse is when they would drag out an ending for 2 weeks... Dragonball Z anyone? Sunset Beach? - i swear on both these programmes, 1 evening in the show lasted 10 episodes... was very annoying

Lost - The ending.

I hate that there's been so many good dramas on television in the recent past that movies, even if 2-3 hours long, feel rushed in terms of character development and plotting. I can't really watch movies any more.

IE, that new movie Prisoners, with Jake Gillynhal and the Wolverine. On its face, a decent movie, but the pacing just baffled me. The father (Hugh Jackman's character) went from concerned father to batshit insane guy torturing some dude in an abandoned house in way too quick a fashion.

The Whedonisms are getting out of hand. I swear they weren't nearly this intrusive in Buffy, Angel, or Firefly. But my guess (hope) is that it's just someone trying to emulate his style, rather that him doing it himself.

Technobabble in Star Trek. I have a love/hate relationship with that...but most of the time it's just annoying, and serves no purpose other than to poke us in the ribs and say "hey, you're watching sci-fi, remember?"

And when I used to watch House (the first few seasons), it was so annoying how the mystery always seemed to be solved by something random that happened while he was a with a clinic patient.

Deleted
    Just in general, when a person aims a double-barrelled shotgun at someone and it makes the pump action sound. Happened in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D and The Wire.

Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    Just in general, when a person aims a double-barrelled shotgun at someone and it makes the pump action sound. Happened in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D and The Wire.
    Any really dumb prop weapon sound mashups. Like hearing a revolver chamber a round >.>

Also, monologging villans, un-killable heroes,

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I hate that there's been so many good dramas on television in the recent past that movies, even if 2-3 hours long, feel rushed in terms of character development and plotting. I can't really watch movies any more.

IE, that new movie Prisoners, with Jake Gillynhal and the Wolverine. On its face, a decent movie, but the pacing just baffled me. The father (Hugh Jackman's character) went from concerned father to batshit insane guy torturing some dude in an abandoned house in way too quick a fashion.
    I've noticed that movies just seems to fly from start to end if you've watched a lot of TV Series recently.

1. A lot of the summer blockbusters coming out every year is enjoyable and great even, but they could just be so amazing if they decided to hire some damn writers.

2. Technobabble is the worst. Don't explain how things work scientifically if it's just BS.

3. I've never liked horror movies, but when horror movies are based on mystery and the unknown, why is it that it's the genre, whether movie, game or book, that gets the most sequels?

4. Why does shows targeted at girls in particular suck so much? My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is a great show made for girls that makes the other shows seem insulting to the intelligence of little girls. Powerpuff Girls was gender-neutral too.

5. Why does Oscar season exist? Why can't good movies be spread around the year, instead of all movies deemed Oscar worthy being released within the same two or three months?

6. Where is all the fantasy movies? There's a billion "sci fi" movies (and some shows), but there is so little fantasy. And why does the fantasy that is released have to be based on a book? Can't they invent their own big screen or small screen fantasy universe? A grand epic TV series fantasy story? Is that too much to ask?

7. If TV shows are so worried about pirating because of ratings, why don't they invent a system that makes getting TV shows on demand as easy and convenient as possible, with a small monthly cost or ads or whatever to make their money?

Babylon 5:

1) While I enjoyed Season 1 personally, it's damn hard to convince people that it's the best thing ever if you get through the first 1 1/2 seasons, and "sci fi show about a diplomatic space station with amazing writing from 1994" never sells that well.

2) They were forced to wrap up the story in Season 4, because they were unsure if they would get renewed, but when they did get a fifth season, most of the stuff that should have been in Season 5 was in Season 4, so the last season became a sort of epilogue/resolution.
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2013-10-15 at 08:33 AM.

-firefly was cancelled after 13 episodes.
    -Certain anime ending midway through a story arc. I don't know whether the same was cancelled, or they just decided to stop the show at that point in the story line. It's not like Fairy Tail, which is on hiatus, because it caught up to the manga or whatever, no, this is shows of completed manga, or has well defined story arcs. The original run of berserk ends before the conclusion of the God hand arc, Claymore ends without resolution or the first story arc, so does Blade of the Immortal.
    -The dragging out of fights in shows like dragonball Z. Namek had 10 minutes left until it would blow up but the Goku vs Frieza fight took over 4 hours of TV time WTF!
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Xalzel View Post
    Any really dumb prop weapon sound mashups. Like hearing a revolver chamber a round >.>
    I once saw a movie where someone was firing an Uzi, but the sound effects guy put in the sound of a minigun firing. All I can say is that Uzi must need to be reloaded VERY often!

As a weapons enthusiast, lots of things like that annoy me. There was an early episode of The Walking Dead where Shane is talking to Rick about his Glock, and mentions something about making sure you take the safety off. Cool, cept, Glocks don't have safeties. Neither do many other modern semi-auto handguns. I've seen another show/movie where the heroine tries to shoot the hero and fails(thinking he's a bad guy), then he calmly points out "you forgot to take the safety off"...on something like a SIG P229, another gun that has no safety.

People constantly racking the slide of their handguns, or pumping their shotguns. You only need to do this to chamber the initial round, not every time you point the gun at someone. If you've just fired your pistol, and it didn't run dry, the next round WILL ALREADY BE CHAMBERED. You also don't need to rack the slide after reloading and the slide locks back...when you load the mag and release the slide, you just chambered a round, you don't need to rack the slide again. You also don't need to rack the slide again just cause you snuck up on some badguy. I've seen a movie where a guy loads his shotgun, chambers it, then points it at someone and pumps it again, ejecting a perfectly good shell.

Also, anachronistic weapons and armor. I love the 13th Warrior, it's has everything I like in that sort of movie, violent swordplay, the always great "small band fighting against overwhelming odds", the "honor and brotherhood" concept...like I said, I love it. But...why is a viking warrior wearing a conquistador helmet that wouldn't even be designed till centuries later? One of them also uses a polearm design that doesn't turn up in history till the 15th century.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    I once saw a movie where someone was firing an Uzi, but the sound effects guy put in the sound of a minigun firing. All I can say is that Uzi must need to be reloaded VERY often!

As a weapons enthusiast, lots of things like that annoy me. There was an early episode of The Walking Dead where Shane is talking to Rick about his Glock, and mentions something about making sure you take the safety off. Cool, cept, Glocks don't have safeties. Neither do many other modern semi-auto handguns. I've seen another show/movie where the heroine tries to shoot the hero and fails(thinking he's a bad guy), then he calmly points out "you forgot to take the safety off"...on something like a SIG P229, another gun that has no safety.

People constantly racking the slide of their handguns, or pumping their shotguns. You only need to do this to chamber the initial round, not every time you point the gun at someone. If you've just fired your pistol, and it didn't run dry, the next round WILL ALREADY BE CHAMBERED. You also don't need to rack the slide after reloading and the slide locks back...when you load the mag and release the slide, you just chambered a round, you don't need to rack the slide again. You also don't need to rack the slide again just cause you snuck up on some badguy. I've seen a movie where a guy loads his shotgun, chambers it, then points it at someone and pumps it again, ejecting a perfectly good shell.

Also, anachronistic weapons and armor. I love the 13th Warrior, it's has everything I like in that sort of movie, violent swordplay, the always great "small band fighting against overwhelming odds", the "honor and brotherhood" concept...like I said, I love it. But...why is a viking warrior wearing a conquistador helmet that wouldn't even be designed till centuries later? One of them also uses a polearm design that doesn't turn up in history till the 15th century.
    Two statements, both untrue.

Quote Originally Posted by LurkerOnly View Post
    Umm, no, not untrue. I've studied arms and armor for 20 years, I collect bladed weapons and own multiple handguns which I shot regularly prior to the recent ammo shortage. Many modern handguns, Glocks included do NOT have a manual safety. My Beretta PX4 Storm has a manual safety-with it on, I cannot fire the gun. With it off, the gun fires fine. My SIG P239, my Steyr M9A1, my Springfield XDM .40, and my Walther P99 do not have manual safeties. The safety mechanisms are internal, you do NOT "turn the safety off". The "safety" on the SIG is long trigger pull-you have to exert considerable force to pull the trigger all the way back, and without it being pulled all the way back, the gun will not fire. If you DO however pull the trigger all the way back, if the gun is loaded it WILL fire. In the case I mentioned, if the lady had pulled the trigger on the P229, the hero would have been shot-he could not tell her "you forgot to turn the safety off", as the P229 does not have a safety you turn off. The XDM has 2 "safeties" but neither of them are "turned on" or "turned off". One is in the trigger, very much like the Glock. The other is in the grip, much like the 1911. If you are properly gripping the pistol, and pull the trigger, it will fire-there is no safety for you to "turn off".

Bottom line, learn your guns before trying to tell me I'm wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LurkerOnly View Post
    Funny that it took a quick search on the googles to find this out. I thought it sounded fishy, as every modern gun I know of has safeties, it is older guns that do not.

Quote Originally Posted by mykro9 View Post
    Funny that it took a quick search on the googles to find this out. I thought it sounded fishy, as every modern gun I know of has safeties, it is older guns that do not.

You see a safety on there that you can turn off? There's a slide release and a mag release, not a safety level. The safety mechanisms are internal, there isn't a manual safety you can turn off. If you clowns had read the context of the post, my complaining about things like "you forgot to take the safety off" or Shane telling Rick to "make sure the safety is off" you would get that I was referring to MANUAL safeties not the internal safety mechanisms that modern firearms have. The internal safeties are to insure that the gun will not fire when dropped or otherwise struck-but you can fire the gun just fine without having to deactivate anything. With many modern handguns, this is considered an advantage-if you are in a high stress life threatening situation and have to draw your sidearm, not having a safety to disengage(which you might forget to do in the heat of the moment) increases the chances of your survival. The internal safeties of modern firearms are considered sufficiently safe to prevent accidental discharge, so a manual safety is not needed-and the lack of it means the shooter can carry his weapon with a round chambered, and be ready to fire as soon as he draws his weapon.
    Last edited by Stormcall; 2013-10-15 at 09:22 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They Ended.

Deleted
    Lost - Kate.. She is so annoying, she does not listen at all and she can't decide who she wants.

X-Files - Scully.. She has seen so much wierd shit, and yet she is as sceptical as the first time every single episode.

10+ Year Old Account
    what things do you hate about your fave moveis or tv shows?
    They end...
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Children are always obnoxious.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    They end...
    That should a positive thing.. way to many tv shows dragged on when they should have ended it.