Computer keeps uninstalling wow

So.... Every other week it seems, my computer seems to...uninstall wow, and i dont understand why. Would anyone have an idea?

it's trying to tell you something

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    it's trying to tell you something
    Either that, or someone is secretly uninstalling ur WoW. Probably ur mum or something

hard to believe pc it self uninstall it and there is someone else who is doing it

Deleted
    It's got a life of it's own

15+ Year Old Account
    This is not the WoW that you are looking for.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you have any program like "Norton Backup" or something that weekly resets your HDD to a default (restore) state?

Not that im aware of. lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vipers View Post
    hard to believe pc it self uninstall it and there is someone else who is doing it
    I live alone so...No ones coming in and deleting it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only way it would be uninstalled is if you have an application that restores your computer without your permission

you got another personality that wants you to stop

Removing the whole directory structure or just deleting the executables?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    The only way it would be uninstalled is if you have an application that restores your computer without your permission
    This seems most likely, A game doesn't just uninstall itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbsbear View Post
    This seems most likely, A game doesn't just uninstall itself.
    Pretty much. It's impossible unless coded to do it (or another app is doing it) and in the years I've played I've never heard of this before, so I assume WoW is not designed to delete itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Assuming you're downloading the client, you can't use the Event Viewer to scan occurrences of MsiInstaller to find when the game was uninstalled since the downloader doesn't utilize the service, so you can't check the time of which this occurs.

So, you either have

A, Some software is performing a rollback/system restore.

B, Someone has access to your PC.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Ok what comes to my mind as solution is following, would suggest doing it from 1 to last:

1) Install another software beside wow on the same partition and see what happens, if both are gone that it could be some sort of system restore.

2)If you turn off your pc when you are away, ignore this one. From what i understand this happens while you are not near a pc, since i concluded you like to leave your pc working while you are away. If that is the case shut it down. If it is doing some sort of restore, might able to see it when you turn it on when you come home.

3) Now you can check your login history in windows, if you are turning/loging off when you are going out from your pc, while you wait for wow to be gone again. Ofc the login history can easy be tempered with, but ye dont think someone would go to that extent in a prank probably.

4) If tomorrow your wow is gone again and the software you installed together is not, its def someone pulling a joke on you, and if they are both gone then probably a system restore.

10+ Year Old Account
    some sort of malware / trojan?