Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    It could have been a puke-orange mechanostrider that caused visible FPS lag for the person whenever they mounted it, and it wouldn't matter. It was something THEY had that others DON'T have, so they want to grab on to it to try and feel special. Sad, really, but that's the way it is.

    I laud blizzard for bringing them all back. More mounts are always better.
    You really wanna go there? I see all that bitching in pve about someone getting easier gear or casuals wanting to see content and you complain about people who just want to retain some vanity item exclusive as reward for being an old customer? The only point to open it up is making more $$ from new customers.

  2. #42
    Dreadlord Nexsa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    815
    They better not give out the old RaF mounts. I know they aren't hard to get in their time, but now they are a FoS and bringing them back makes that FoS nothing. Also before someone says they aren't anything hardcore to get in their time, guess what? None of the heroic drop mounts off end raid bosses or the timed bear mount were either. If you have the gold you could pay a guild to run it for you and get the 100% drop at the time. If you didn't have the gold you probably bought gold with real money.

    In the end, anything and everything in WoW can be earned with Gold or Gold bought with real money. I know a lot of people who got their hardcore mounts this way. If it's something gone from the game, leave it alone, or else bring back the removed raid meta mounts, timed bear mount, classic
    Brewfest mount, classic ZG mounts, vanilla mounts. Bring them all back if you're going to mess over one type of customer this way. Also, bring back the annual pass mount Tyrael's Charger, so that annual pass meant completely nothing.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    Yep. And after that big tease they did about 5.4 making it dark again and they didn't change it at all. The excuses are getting ridiculous, just make it on a slider for those pussies afraid of the dark.
    Yeah, people with vision problems are such pussies.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexsa View Post
    bring back the removed raid meta mounts, timed bear mount, classic Brewfest mount, classic ZG mounts, vanilla mounts. Bring them all back if you're going to mess over one type of customer this way. Also, bring back the annual pass mount Tyrael's Charger, so that annual pass meant completely nothing.
    I support this.

  5. #45
    There's a few valid argument against them bringing back the old mounts.

    1) People recruited their friends to obtain the mount thinking it would be available for a limited time. I would bet that many wouldn't of bothered knowing the mounts would return at a later date.

    2) They removed mounts like the Naxx drake. They weren't that hard to get, you just had to be playing at that time. The same should apply to these mounts. Didn't play at the time? Tough titties.

    3) Some things need to remain "sacred", otherwise why do we bother playing? If I have zero incentive to pay a sub every month I simply won't pay it, return in 10 years time when the game is F2P and just get everything then.

  6. #46
    Pandaren Monk Doorsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The flaws in your argument
    Posts
    1,782
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    There's a few valid argument against them bringing back the old mounts.

    1) People recruited their friends to obtain the mount thinking it would be available for a limited time. I would bet that many wouldn't of bothered knowing the mounts would return at a later date.

    2) They removed mounts like the Naxx drake. They weren't that hard to get, you just had to be playing at that time. The same should apply to these mounts. Didn't play at the time? Tough titties.

    3) Some things need to remain "sacred", otherwise why do we bother playing? If I have zero incentive to pay a sub every month I simply won't pay it, return in 10 years time when the game is F2P and just get everything then.


    1) Not everyone. Some just recruited a friend and found it a funny bonus.

    2) Doing raid content that is relevant for your time rewards a mount because it's just that - relevantt at that time in difficulty.
    Your wallet is not timeless. Neither are your friends joining the game.

    3) Wait - so you are playing a MASSIVELY, MULTIPLAYER ONLINE experience - and your main drift, your incentive... is to be special.

    And why we bother playing? Because it's fun? Enjoyable? Because you meet people you'd never meet otherwise? Because you invested time in it? It ain't the end of the world just cause you "can't be special" no more. Hell, fact is - If you are so dramatic about it, can't have been that much effort gone into it to begin with. You did what again? World first? Defeat a super hard encounter? Oh? A credit card. I see.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nexsa View Post
    They better not give out the old RaF mounts. I know they aren't hard to get in their time, but now they are a FoS and bringing them back makes that FoS nothing. Also before someone says they aren't anything hardcore to get in their time, guess what? None of the heroic drop mounts off end raid bosses or the timed bear mount were either. If you have the gold you could pay a guild to run it for you and get the 100% drop at the time. If you didn't have the gold you probably bought gold with real money..
    Except that if you ever ACTUALLY did a Zul'Aman bear run when it was relevant, you'd know that it was by the skin of your teeth with timing that allowed you to get it. You would probably tank the time requirement if you just "boost" a random person in it.

    Also, you are literally trying to say - That a credit card payment is harder then to legitimately kill a heroic raid boss.
    The amount of effort to put in billing options requires LESS TIME, then ANY of the other options (finding some1 wanting to boost you even).

    My advice would be to calm down - come back to look at the whole thing with fresh eyes after you thought it through. Because 2 seconds of rational thought will dispel your ravening irrational sensation.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Radar3D View Post
    I can somewhat appreciate the complaints about potentially not being a unique snowflake anymore. I have a ZG tiger which is not available anymore, and mage Tier 3 which is only available now from the BMAH. Whenever I see someone with either, I always /cheer at them for being part of the special club! It's silly, and irrational, but I'd probably feel sad if they made it so everyone could get them much easier.
    The difference being what you did in effort in comparance to the swipe of a credit card.

    The sense of entitlement and being "special" should logically derive from your effort and time spent into it.
    Given your hard work - you were given a special reward, i.e you are "special".

    Paying money for something - is not a hard effort. You ever heard someone rave about how it's doomsday that they brought back
    that 1 kind of Biscuit that you ate 20 years ago, and now everyone can eat it? Yeah, me neither.

  7. #47
    The real question is why isn't the emerald hippogryph two-seater? How am I supposed to jet around with my new friend on it?

  8. #48
    The new mount looks awsome shame i never bother with RaF.

  9. #49
    Grunt itskevinlol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Madison Heights, VA
    Posts
    11
    such a cool mount, i really want one !

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •