1. #1
    High Overlord Drweird's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    192

    Moonkin Garrosh Talents

    Hey fellow boomkins,

    was just wondering what talents you guys are using on Garrosh. My gut would be HoTW and FoN.

    Thoughts?

  2. #2
    And your gut is right. Garrosh is mostly a high mobility fights and the multidotting in the fight is rather limited, at least, not enough so that incarnation would become noticeably better. A nice juicy HotW tranq is good to have as well.
    Check out my youtube channel of fail: http://www.youtube.com/EliteRocketbear

    8/8Hc DS

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketbear View Post
    And your gut is right. Garrosh is mostly a high mobility fights and the multidotting in the fight is rather limited, at least, not enough so that incarnation would become noticeably better. A nice juicy HotW tranq is good to have as well.
    I concur!
    /10


    Edit: Especially if you use pushbacks in P1 to get the adds in the ironstar, there is not much reason to mutlidot them beyond the opener.
    Last edited by Juvencus; 2013-10-17 at 04:05 PM.

  4. #4
    Same!

    And if you are on engineer duty like me all the time then druid blink as well

  5. #5
    FoN is good if you really have nothing to multidot. I prefer Inc because we have a couple of moments where there are desecrated weapons to multidot and P3 is such a DPS check that I want everything there. With Inc you can choose to take HotW or DoC, they're very close to each other after my testing.

  6. #6
    Pandaren Monk Stommped's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    1,789
    After 100 wipes on heroic, I played roughly the first 50 with Inc and the 2nd 50 with FoN. I consistently saw more boss dmg with FoN. Now, the boss damage is far more important in terms of actually beating the p3 DPS check so I think on that basis alone FoN is the correct choice. However, while most weapons can be ignored, some must get low and/or killed entirely if you want to give your kiter enough room (assuming you are doing that strat). So, if for whatever reason your guild is devoid of Warlocks and Shadow Priests, speccing INC and popping your CDs to dot 3-4 neighboring weapons would make sense as well.

    Our weapon damage is fine with me basically ignoring them other than when I am moving and have no SS procs. It allows me to play FoN and focus as much damage as possible onto the boss in order to beat P3 as quick as possible before it snowballs.

  7. #7
    High Overlord Drweird's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    After 100 wipes on heroic, I played roughly the first 50 with Inc and the 2nd 50 with FoN. I consistently saw more boss dmg with FoN. Now, the boss damage is far more important in terms of actually beating the p3 DPS check so I think on that basis alone FoN is the correct choice. However, while most weapons can be ignored, some must get low and/or killed entirely if you want to give your kiter enough room (assuming you are doing that strat). So, if for whatever reason your guild is devoid of Warlocks and Shadow Priests, speccing INC and popping your CDs to dot 3-4 neighboring weapons would make sense as well.

    Our weapon damage is fine with me basically ignoring them other than when I am moving and have no SS procs. It allows me to play FoN and focus as much damage as possible onto the boss in order to beat P3 as quick as possible before it snowballs.
    Thanks for the feedback all. I'm in a 10 man guild and we all actually run with 2 warlocks and 1 Spriest. So that part of it is covered. I'm actually a resto druid but we have decided to 2 heal Garrosh with a shaman and a priest so I went boomie. Thankfully I have a full boomkin set even though it is 526. I'm literally there to just nuke out the boss.

    I manage to maintain roughly about 120-135k dps on this fight and we are regularly getting to P3. I thinkt hat at 526, with all the movement involved in this fight, my damage isn't awful. -- here is my armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...cules/advanced -- any suggestions?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Drweird View Post
    Thanks for the feedback all. I'm in a 10 man guild and we all actually run with 2 warlocks and 1 Spriest. So that part of it is covered. I'm actually a resto druid but we have decided to 2 heal Garrosh with a shaman and a priest so I went boomie. Thankfully I have a full boomkin set even though it is 526. I'm literally there to just nuke out the boss.

    I manage to maintain roughly about 120-135k dps on this fight and we are regularly getting to P3. I thinkt hat at 526, with all the movement involved in this fight, my damage isn't awful. -- here is my armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...cules/advanced -- any suggestions?
    Considering you have neither the legendary meta nor cloak, or any t16 trinkets, I'd say your DPS is fine. Expect a huge jump when (if?) you get the meta gem, though.

    You also seem to be quite a ways below the hit cap. Try replacing all your Int/Crit gems with Expertise/Crit, and removing some of your spirit -> crit reforges.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    After 100 wipes on heroic, I played roughly the first 50 with Inc and the 2nd 50 with FoN. I consistently saw more boss dmg with FoN. Now, the boss damage is far more important in terms of actually beating the p3 DPS check so I think on that basis alone FoN is the correct choice. However, while most weapons can be ignored, some must get low and/or killed entirely if you want to give your kiter enough room (assuming you are doing that strat). So, if for whatever reason your guild is devoid of Warlocks and Shadow Priests, speccing INC and popping your CDs to dot 3-4 neighboring weapons would make sense as well.

    Our weapon damage is fine with me basically ignoring them other than when I am moving and have no SS procs. It allows me to play FoN and focus as much damage as possible onto the boss in order to beat P3 as quick as possible before it snowballs.
    For our 10man group, the boss damage outside P3 and P4 wasn't even that important. With gear at the time of the kill we had no issues to beat the small DPS checks on P1 and P2 which only make the fight smoother, we actually need to stop DPS just before we transition to P3. When we Bloodlust and P3 beings, my amp trinket comes just off cooldown and I can assure you that the burst there is more than what you'd do with FoN in P3. Especially as once the first ability for us is desecrate and I still have CA up, I can just multi dot the weapons while running from it to gain a ridiculous amount of SS procs afterwards, increasing Incarnations effectiveness even further.

    If though you value the P4 dps more, FoN might be a better choice. Personally I can't really say as I'm the one kiting the Iron Stars so my DPS is very limited and having the burst option with Inc is better there as well.

    FoN is definitely viable but I feel like that due to P3, Incarnation's value is slightly higher.

  10. #10
    Until I got more gear (so weeks 1 and 2), I did FoN for Garrosh.

    After getting my bindings trinket, Incarnation did better.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •