Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Unhappy How much is it a problem that you never see your new gear when in combat as Guardian?

How much is it a problem that you never see your new gear when in combat as Guardian (Tank)? Compare to a Warrior, you see all the awesome gear plus the mechanics are pretty much the same at core, almost or? I don' have a Druid by the way and my Warrior is only level 5.

I wouldn't mind having the incarnation visual effects be a slightly more permanent fixture. I don't mind that it's not exactly the same look as the actual gear i'm wearing, but it is nice to see that I am actually wearing armor.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Its not a huge problem but I really wish there was a druid quest to get some different forms or something.

Deleted
    You got new forms just a few years ago!

Anyways, to the OP, I think everybody who makes a druid and sticks with it generally accepts that, for most of the time, we don't see our gear. And why would we, anyways, when we can look at an awesome moonkin butt?

What would you guys say the main difference between a Warrior Protection and Druid Guardian is? Because as far as I know, Druid take a lot of resembles from Warrior?

Deleted
    Back in the dawn of time, when WoW had just been released, druids were a bit of a "jack of all trades, master of none". While they were still good enough for off tanking and damage and healing, they were slightly behind in some aspects. The argument was that "because they could fill many roles, they shouldn't be able to fill them as well as "real" tanks". But that is bollocks, of course, and now each aspect of druids are on par with other classes.

I haven't tanked as a druid since The Burning Crusade, and I haven't played WoW for the last two years (minus the last two weeks - welcome back, Qieth), but one of the main differences was that druids generally had more HP and relied on dodge, since they can't parry and block due to the lack of sword and shields. The tanking styles are a bit different in terms of abilities and rotation, but warrior tank and bear tank are quite similar.

I don't care about the gear, I care about all the transformation items that are useless... Everyone in my team has the compass, the thing from the undead ship on the Island, any other transform item and Druids can't use any of it! We used to be able to use the locket from Mount Hyjal but even that has now been removed! I've got a whole bag full of fun stuff I cannot use

Deleted
    Blizzard should give us the possibility to change our appearance with let's say minor glyphs. Shouldn't be that hard. Minor glyphs should anyway be for funny stuff.

I've said it several places and I'll keep saying it until it gets implemented. I'd love to see druids be able to 'learn' new shapeshifting skins (similar to how hunters tame pets). Be able to switch to say the Arcturis bear skin on the fly. Maybe have a 'memory' of 3 skins per shapeshift or something. It would add flavor and aesthetics to the class.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    You're rolling a shapeshifting druid to be an animal, not stare at your gear. There's nothing stopping ya for sitting in org in caster form for a few hours though...

I don't mind the gear thing.

The thing that pisses me off about being a druid is "You can't do that while shapeshifted." Makes me want to kill some kittens. Or oversights such as not being able to simply shift into bear/cat form on timeless isle while riding an albatross, instead having to use some stupid work around.

I wish there was more customization. I used to be quite vocal about it on the Blizz forums back in TBC/WotLK era and we had threads with all sorts of ideas like hunter style taming but for copying the beasts forms, changing Druids to use fist weapons and showing those in their forms, adding in special raid boss drops to take on a new form (or mixing that with the first idea, special heroic only beast enemies to copy). Tons of people floated the ideas but in the end they went with just better looking static forms with some colour customization.

Like everyone else I also hate that we can't use the plethora of cosmetic shape-shift items in our forms. We used to be able too but they said some nonsense about PVP and not being able to easily tell what form the Druid was in.

10+ Year Old Account
    After seven years I'm used to it.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really care. I didn't roll a druid to see my gear, and when they removed tree form from resto during Cata, i was pretty upset over it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth View Post
    Back in the dawn of time, when WoW had just been released, druids were a bit of a "jack of all trades, master of none". While they were still good enough for off tanking and damage and healing,
    No they weren't, at least not when it came to raiding in vanilla. All the "hybrids" (paladin, shaman, druid) and also priests for that matter were healers. Their other specs were garbage compared to the other classes. However all of that changed in TBC, but before that "hybrids" didn't really exist, at least not in the world of raiding.

None. I rarely would have time to look at it anyway.

i actually ENJOY being a bear when im in combat, and something else when im not. gives dimension and uniqueness to my character

Idk one mite suggest that if ur never ever changing form in combat ur doing it wrong. On the other side I'm still bothered by loss of Tol and 15% dr on ow l form. Forms r losing too much of their um meaning i suppose in mop. got some nice qol changes but id like more emfasize on the animal forms for all specs. humanod is weird even for resto.

15+ Year Old Account
    Let's not derail this into a hybrid tax thread. We have enough of those.

*stare Qieth*.

But welcome back. Missed you!
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Glyph of the Beast Outside
    When trying to shapeshift into either Cat Form or Bear Form your inner spirit will envelop (sp?) you.

Basicly make a Glyph where the druid stays in his combat stance and will look like auto-attacking when using abilities (Would like crazy with spamming auto-attack), the druid will be inside the spirit of either Cat or Bear which will only show a ghostly head and front claws of said spirit animal to not make it too huge