10+ Year Old Account

addon which shows when masterloot is active

hi there, I am looking for an addon which shows if the raidleader has changed the loot rules to masterloot. I didn't find any addon via google.

I know you can check via rightclicking the portrait but I forget that most of the times. I am kind of sick of those promising "free for all" and then they want to ninja Mimiron's Head.

you could do it through a weak aura with the following:

Display Type: Doesn't matter, recommended TEXT or ICON.

Custom Trigger Event(s): PARTY_LOOT_METHOD_CHANGED, PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD

I added some redundant events to check for to make sure you don't have the aura NOT fire for some reason and potentially screwing you out of gear. Nothing that would be a performance hog, though.

Code:
    Custom Trigger:

function() 
         local _,_,lootMethod = GetLootMethod()
         if lootMethod == "master"
           then return true
         else return false
         end
    end

Custom Untrigger:

function() 
         local _,_,lootMethod = GetLootMethod()
         if lootMethod == "master"
           then return false
         else return true
         end
    end

I use Broker Group which is so out of date it barely works but it does do what you are asking quite well.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by stevietv View Post
    you could do it through a weak aura with the following:

Display Type: Doesn't matter, recommended TEXT or ICON.

Custom Trigger Event(s): PARTY_LOOT_METHOD_CHANGED, PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD

I added some redundant events to check for to make sure you don't have the aura NOT fire for some reason and potentially screwing you out of gear. Nothing that would be a performance hog, though.

Not a high priority need for it, but would help those awkward moments in guild raids when we forget to set Masterloot.

I'm guess using you'r code, if I flip the "True" and "False" on both Custom Trigger/Untrigger, it won't show the Text/Icon if Masterlooter on( so we good ) but it'll show a big "Yell at Cheeko for ML" if its not on?

Quote Originally Posted by Drairon View Post
    Not a high priority need for it, but would help those awkward moments in guild raids when we forget to set Masterloot.

I'm guess using you'r code, if I flip the "True" and "False" on both Custom Trigger/Untrigger, it won't show the Text/Icon if Masterlooter on( so we good ) but it'll show a big "Yell at Cheeko for ML" if its not on?
    should do!

should do!
    Thank you Sir! You've prevented a lot of Cheeko bashing. We have a mini game we play... On the MC mob before Shamans.. "Whoever gets the KillingBlow on Cheeko, gets to loot all the crates".. LOL

Last edited by Drairon; 2013-10-16 at 03:45 PM.

Deleted
    should do!
    Yo, I'm not excellent when it comes to custom strings.

I copypasted that code exactly as it is, but getting error

[string "return Custom Trigger:..."]:1: '<eof>' expected near 'Trigger'

any idea why this is happening?

Deleted
    Use the part after "Custom trigger:" as your custom trigger and the part after "Custom untrigger:" as your custom untrigger. I think those are seperate input boxes.