Remedy Acquires Alan Wake Rights From Microsoft

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/re...source=twitter

Alan Wake developer Remedy has acquired the series' publishing rights from Microsoft. The company announced the news in a message to investors, simply stating, "The publishing rights of Alan Wake games are reverted to Remedy."

Alan Wake and its spinoff, American Nightmare, were both published by Microsoft on Xbox 360 but self-published by Remedy on PC. The developer now solely owns the rights, it seems, though it's unclear what this means for the franchise going forward. GameSpot has contacted Remedy to ask what the future holds for the series.

Despite the nine-year gap since Alan Wake's Xbox 360 launch, we do know of one project currently underway: a live-action Alan Wake television adaption is in development. The show is a collaboration between Remedy and movie production company Contradiction Films.

Remedy's next game, meanwhile, is Control, which launches for PS4, Xbox One, and PC on August 27. We saw the shooter at E3, and we think it's Remedy's most interesting game since the first Alan Wake.
    Awesome Hopefully we get a squeal in the future.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Fuckin' noiyce. I still remember that teary eyed video from Sam Lake saying that it sold fine but because it didn't make day one numbers because it released the same day as fucking red dead redemption microsoft shelved it indefinitely after american wasteland didn't get the action shooter audience instead.