12/14 (548) Prot Warrior struggling with damage spikes.

Title says it all..

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...e/Dhiem/simple
    WoL: http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/282863/

Anyone with criticisms or advice would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

From what I can tell, you're not using your defensive cd's very well. I don't see any berserker rage usage, shield block has poor uptime, little usage of shield wall, demoralizing shout, last stand, etc. For example, on Galakras you had shield block up less than 15% of the time, used demoralizing shout twice at the start of the fight, no shield wall, used last stand once, etc. Other fights are the same, but you had shield block up about 30-45% of the time when it should really be 60%+.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hello mate,
    You are a tough one. Perhaps someone with more experience in logs is needed, but I cannot find major flaws in your logs or your profile, no matter how much i strain myself. I even compared my logs to yours and don´t find big gaps. You do not waste rage by using unprocced HS/Cleave, your Shieldblock and Shieldbarrier uptime is a bit too low but okay, you hit your caps and then go for avoidance (I wouldnt gem stamina in your shoulders, shit on the 120 strength) and you seem to be usuing cooldowns.
    Now, minor things might be stuff like.. 3 Bloodbaths in a 4:40 fight are at least 1 too less, but those points won´t affect the damage you take. So in the end I cannot grant you any good advice. Aside from that I couldn´t find too many demoshouts or stuff like last stand, but perhaps I just didn´t find that.
    Just be sure that you have any kind of mitigation running while you are tanking. Since SBlock cannot be kept 100%, be sure to use Demoshout, Shieldwall and alike in between. Let Shieldblock refill its stacks while anything else is running. Bleed exess rage off into SBars, but you already seem to do that.
    Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhiem View Post
    Title says it all..

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...e/Dhiem/simple
    WoL: http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/282863/

Anyone with criticisms or advice would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
    Is there any one fight in particular that you are having issues with? Looking over your log's it looks like demo shout is being underused for it's 1 min cd but would love to know what fight if any you are seing the bigger spikes so we can dig into that log!

As well an avoidance build > mastery will be slightly spiky by nature as you can have lady RNG give you a big hug and avoid a couple of attacks in a row and then she gets all pissy and lets you eat the next couple.

Another thing that is hurting is the lack of the legendary meta... that 20% reduction to all dmg is really good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyb View Post
    Other fights are the same, but you had shield block up about 30-45% of the time when it should really be 60%+.
    For most fights that just doesn't stay true. Shield block has a max uptime of 66%. But most encounters have downtime where you are not tanking anything. I thought of using Shield Block in the downtime anyway for increased HR glyph usage but most of the time you will find yourself with non-blockable aoe-damage and damage taken wise you want to Barrier in that time or pool rage.
    Last edited by mmoc48efa32b91; 2013-10-16 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zorker View Post
    For most fights that just doesn't stay true. Shield block has a max uptime of 66%. But most encounters have downtime where you are not tanking anything. I thought of using Shield Block in the downtime anyway for increased HR glyph usage but most of the time you will find yourself with non-blockable aoe-damage and damage taken wise you want to Barrier in that time or pool rage.
    This. Plus it's also good to reset the cooldown on Block for when you taunt again. I wait for the other tank to taunt, then I'll intervene and shield block, shield slam, sword and board, then barrier/pool rage until it's my turn again.

Deleted
    When you are learning a new encounter you are playing out of your comfort zone because you do not know what is about to come. Guides can help but self-experience and getting used to the encounter-timings are more crucial. It takes away alot of your focus when learning a new encounter that has alot of stuff going on, focus that you use normally to get your tank-timings right.

Just make sure to keep your cool. Extract from every try what you have learned and try to apply it next try.

Additionally when infight around 4-5minutes of intense focus it can be a good thing to relax for a quick moment. Take a look around or relax your muscles. Only do this if no oh-shit moment is about to come of course. This helps keeping focus for the rest of the fight.