Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stuartj1992 View Post
    I currently live in Edinburgh during term-time (across from Bristo Square, if you know where that is), but I'm from Pencaitland. Small village about 30 mins drive almost directly east of Edinburgh. Near Haddington and Tranent, if that helps.
    Holy shit, I'm in Tranent.

I've never known of anyone so close to me that isn't an irl friend that plays wow, let alone goes on MMO Champ. And you're about my age as well...

Deleted
    Wait OP, so is this question based on the location of living or do you want to be culturaly assimilated? Do you have English blood or do you wish to become English so later your children would be treated as english?

Not trolling, just wanna know why do you choose to become part of another "race"? I am kinda in the same position since I, as a German ancestor, kinda feel more tied to Germany than where I live.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post
    Hello,

So I'm Scottish and have lived in Scotland my whole life. However, I'm moving to England at the end of the month. Perhaps a stupid question, I've just never had to think about it, but when do I become English, if I ever officially do? When I arrive there, when I've lived there longer than I've lived in Scotland? Never, because I was born in Scotland?

Thoughts?
    Why would you want to be English? By god man, stay Scottish.

15+ Year Old Account
    and we now have the rare opportunity to see alive scot make friends with another scot right here on mmo-c, back after these commercials
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Simple it will never change. I mean I am an American, and if I moved to the UK I will always be an American. I speak fluent English. But I didn't live in England and I wasn't brought to England at a young age.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JackWilmslow View Post
    Why would you want to be English? By god man, stay Scottish.
    Who said I wanted to be English?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    and we now have the rare opportunity to see alive scot make friends with another scot right here on mmo-c, back after these commercials
    It did turn into Match.com for a while there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xZANGEITIx View Post
    Simple it will never change. I mean I am an American, and if I moved to the UK I will always be an American. I speak fluent English. But I didn't live in England and I wasn't brought to England at a young age.
    You can never be English, but you can be a Londoner, as we don't care about creed or colour there and welcome all with open arms...eventually (even the French in Richmond).

Unless you support Man United, then you can fuck off.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Unless you support Man United, then you can fuck off.
    glory glory man united ... does this hurt you?
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    They havent even insulted each other once! Not fucking once! I bet they're posh.
    Well it is Edinburgh we're talking about :P

OT: You'll never be English to English people although depending on how you behave after you leave Scotland you might get called English by a few Scots, if you haven't already just for staying near Edinburgh :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    glory glory man united ... does this hurt you?
    For that, I hope you're an Admira Wacker fan.

I was born outside of Australia, but I got Australian Citizenship, so that makes me an Australian.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by loli ninja eating pizza View Post
    When you have a English nationality you will be seen as English-Scottish outside Europe.
    If only there was a simpler term we could use to describe people from the constituent countries of Great Britain...

Edit:Spelling fail
    Last edited by Kalis; 2013-10-15 at 11:28 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fauier View Post
    I want to be a martian! Nothing against earthicans but, martian sounds cool, or jupiteran. Maybe european (planet).
    Try with moon.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    For that, I hope you're an Admira Wacker fan.
    touché

/cry

10+ Year Old Account
    Edinburgh, Scotland. You know, that place with the castle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post
    Holy shit, I'm in Tranent.

I've never known of anyone so close to me that isn't an irl friend that plays wow, let alone goes on MMO Champ. And you're about my age as well...
    Jesus Christ...I can walk to Tranent. I probably actually know some of your friends...did you go to Ross High? (I didn't, I went to the Knox in Haddington though - I still know quite a few that went there). I'm almost 21, so depending on your school year I may or may not them.

There is a chance I even know of you, to be honest.

Small world...