Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Proving grounds exploited

Hello, so recently on wowprogress proving grounds ladders, some insane scores popped; tank with 290 waves, healers with 230 waves, pretty much close to impossible. After some research, it seems there is bug wich can lead to clearing infinite waves, getting exploited by a lot of ppl lately. Proving grounds looked like a great addition to the game, but after the whole waves of bugs getting exploited it got more and more irrelevant and lost its competitive side.

My question is, do you think, scores will get a reset ? Do you think actions will be taken against exploiters ? Or its just gonna get fixed and left alone, as a not so important feature of the game ?

10+ Year Old Account
    People still do PG's?
    I find it against spirit of RPG and your character progression.
    PM me weird stuff :3

15+ Year Old Account
    Proving grounds was implemented to help people who are new to the game get into their role. It's like an advanced tutotrial and the competition part where you can fight endless waves is just for the very bored people.

Quote Originally Posted by Sqeen View Post
    Proving grounds was implemented to help people who are new to the game get into their role. It's like an advanced tutotrial and the competition part where you can fight endless waves is just for the very bored people.
    Its an opinion But doesnt answer any of my questions. Do you think scores should get a reset/ any actions against exploiters, or just left one ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post
    People still do PG's?
    I find it against spirit of RPG and your character progression.
    Training and learning new techniques on how to overcome your enemy is against the RPG Genre?

Why does everything have to be competitive ? Its a game who cares if someon exploited somethign to get on top of the ranks, heck do it if you want/will make you feel better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    Why does everything have to be competitive ? Its a game who cares if someon exploited somethign to get on top of the ranks, heck do it if you want/will make you feel better.
    Because being the best at something is nice.
    If people are abusing bugs, then we can't have nice things.

Because cheaters should never win, and winners should never cheat. Exploiting things every chance causes nerfs and hotfixes to other aspects of the game because MMO communities are apparently so toxic that the moment any way to cheese something is known, everyone jumps on the bandwagon to do it. No honor among thieves.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    Because cheaters should never win, and winners should never cheat. Exploiting things every chance causes nerfs and hotfixes to other aspects of the game because MMO communities are apparently so toxic that the moment any way to cheese something is known, everyone jumps on the bandwagon to do it. No honor among thieves.
    No, exploiting does not get things nerfed, that would be pvp that did that to this game.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    If Tinkers aren't the next class in WoW I'll shit in my hands and clap then eat my shoe.

Stupid mentality. No offence Its not a matter of, something beeing competitive or not. Its a matter of exploiting something, cheating. Maybe you dont care about it, but a lot of ppl do. What you are saying is exactly the same, as agreeing with win trading in arenas/bgs; just an example. To many members of the community are throwing around the "its just a game" line for everything, and pointing at blizzard for everything, when most of the issues with todays game are caused by the community itself Yes, WoW its a game, with competitive sides and with non competitive sides. Since WoW, as a game involves a community, cause of its genre, cheating, exploiting, affects it in a way or another. By exploiting, you are not only cheating your way through the game side of WoW, you are cheating the community. And for most of us, part of the community, in my opinion, playing a fair game on competitive or non competitive lvl matters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    Training and learning new techniques on how to overcome your enemy is against the RPG Genre?
    Making your character weaker is.
    PM me weird stuff :3

Deleted
    I doubt it will be reset. PG is meant as a personal training thing, and the whole ranking system on wowprogress has little to do with Blizzard.

I'd like them to reset it though, I admit I was somewhat happy with my wave 85 and high rank, and it's slightly saddening to see it diminished so.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    Making your character weaker is.

How does Proving Grounds make your character weaker?

Quote Originally Posted by Drairon View Post
    How does Proving Grounds make your character weaker?
    Your character's gear gets downscaled.

Quote Originally Posted by Ownero View Post
    Hello, so recently on wowprogress proving grounds ladders, some insane scores popped; tank with 290 waves, healers with 230 waves, pretty much close to impossible.

There is always something that is deemed 'impossible'. Some older tier content(within the same expansion) that everyone believe would be impossible to solo till the next expansion or 2. Yet people like Raegywn, Mionelol, or Durendil prove them wrong.

Not saying that there isn't a bug/exploit, but till Blizz creates a Blue Post on a HotFix to ProvingGrounds because of "something", it's highly likely that those people getting such a high score created a prefect tactic for proving grounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    Which is great. Gear should be scaled according to what you're doing. Should be like that for everything in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    I know about the scaling down of gear. If that's what Cyrops is saying is against his RPG Genre, that iono..

Deleted
    Exploit makes you able to stealth through all waves in tank/healer-challenges.

Compare tank/healer challenge scoreboard to the dps-one where you cannot use this said exploit and see the difference, its hilarious ^^

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    Which is great. Gear should be scaled according to what you're doing. Should be like that for everything in the game.
    Problem is that some things aren't working (like metagem) or aren't as good as something else which is downscaled, because different stats has different values etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    Agree but Disagree. LOL...

I think it should be the other way around. Things you're doing are scaled according to what your gear is. Results would be the same, but classes/spec's that rely on certain gear breakpoints won't be screwed over entirely.

Take Mages/Warlocks, believe(read somewhere) that by scaling their ilvl down to 463 it would hurt them badly.