Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Molten Core no longer requires attunement

Earlier this evening, I thought I would complete a quick MC run on my monk.

The Elf has two options for me, a low level quest (! Attunement to the Core) or he offers to port me inside!

Not sure if this is a bug or deliberate move. Either way, farm on

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh... hasn't MC not needed an attunement for like... at least a full xpac now?

IIRC this has been implemented since sometime in cata.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    In other news, the sky is usually blue.
    Last edited by Desh; 2013-10-17 at 09:10 PM.

Well this is news to me at least. Not having checked lately, I would have assumed you still needed to do the quest to unlock the port option.

technically MC has never needed the attunement if you did the secret entrance thing

Quote Originally Posted by artem123 View Post
    technically MC has never needed the attunement if you did the secret entrance thing
    You could always enter Molten Core and Blackwing Lair through Blackrock Depths and Blackrock Spire respectively yeah. I wouldn't call it secret though, it's the real entrance.

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean the real entrance?

You definitely needed the attunement in Cata. Had to go through it on quite a few characters I wanted to farm with.

15+ Year Old Account
    I needed attunement about 4 months ago on an alt. You must have attuned in the past which is why the Elf let you in. Same thing for Blackwing Lair. Though like others said above you can zone in from BRD or UBRS which is the original entrances. Just like Stratholme had the entrance for Naxx.

Blizzard scrapped that plan when dungeons were no longer 40man which mimicked the dungeon crawl that EQ had.

For those who don't know, there's a secret entrance into Molten Core near the Elf. I've never actually pulled it off, though.

When I tried in 5.3 to enter, I still needed to get attuned. What may have happened is that the quest reset with Cata, but you had already completed the attunement so you did not need to do it again.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by Desh View Post
    In other news, the sky is blue.
    Looks rather grey to me.

Which took about twice as long as getting attuned.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Desh View Post
    In other news, the sky is blue.
    nope
    nope
    nope

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Which took about twice as long as getting attuned.
    ? Getting attuned requires running to the real entrance.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    No, because you needed it as of 5.3 at least because I took a couple toons I leveled during that patch (since Battlefields didn't last long with me) and took them in there for mogging gear and they still needed the attunement quest completed.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Can confirm that the attunement was still needed in 5.3. We went there to do the guild achievement maybe 2 months back, and ran into the issue of almost everyone in the raid not being attuned.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    For those who don't know, there's a secret entrance into Molten Core near the Elf. I've never actually pulled it off, though.

When I tried in 5.3 to enter, I still needed to get attuned. What may have happened is that the quest reset with Cata, but you had already completed the attunement so you did not need to do it again.
    That's what I thought originally.

However I killed Rag and received my achievement for that toon. Additionally, after I completed the run, I was 600/3000 neutral rep (or so).

I didn't need it on my Monk well before 5.4. Perhaps it's because the attunement was available while leveling? I don't remember doing it but it's possible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    My understanding of this change that was made in cata is u dont need the attunement anymore to actually enter the raid from raid entrance but u do need to complete the quest if u want to use the teleport from the elf
    Last edited by mmoc122c1567f0; 2013-10-16 at 03:41 PM.