Poll: Receipt with you or in the bag?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Receipt with you or in the bag?

Just wondering what people prefer (and why) when asked by a salesperson...

"Would you like the receipt with you or in the bag?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Always in the bag, for me. I hate filling my pockets with anything but essentials.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would rather it be with me such that I can immediately put it in my wallet and therefore won’t forget it exists as I would if it was in my bag.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Deleted
    Here they pretty much just give it to you, because you know, you can stick it where you want.

I take it so it doesn't get lost or thrown away with the bag. Besides, depending on the store, some places ask to see it if you have large or unbagged items on the way out.

Deleted
    In Sweden we pack our own bags.. I never take receipt unless I buy something very expensive and then I take it and put it in the bag right away.

15+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't work like that in Sweden. We get the receipt with the change or handed to us before we start packing our stuff in the bags. So I put it in my pocket with the change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Always in the bag, for me. I hate filling my pockets with anything but essentials.
    This.

/10char

I never get asked that. I just get the receipt back with my change.

But a lot of people probably pay with credit card so lol.

Deleted
    always in the bag so it will get binned with the bag when i get home.
    if it went in my wallet it would just end up in the bin when i emptied out my wallet, so would be an unnecessary step in the process.

Deleted
    They just put it in the bag, if its something exensive i'll keep it, if not i'll throw it away with the bag

I seem to always get it folded and handed to me, then I put it in the bag myself.
    May be a New Jersey thing, like how we are not allowed to pump our own gas in the state.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

I've usually gotten the receipt with my change. I like to keep it on me so I don't lose it or possibly throw it out with the bag.

In the trash. With very few exceptions I don't even like carrying a receipt. Its a silly outdated notion when we're doing all electronic payments anyways.

Always in the bag, except for games. The receipt gets thrown in the case on the side w/ the instruction booklet in case a return is needed. Old habit from working at Gamestop all those years ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd prefer an option of "no receipt printed"

Such a waste

10+ Year Old Account
    usually with me, but it depends on where and what i'm buying. and how many bags there are.

if its just 1 bag, and something that wont be opened till i'm home, in the bag.

if its just 1 bag, and something that wont make it home, with me.

moar than 1 bag, with me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bag. I usually forget to take them out of my pockets and they end up in the wash otherwise.

Deleted
    Depends, groceries and petty stuff I'll leave it on the bag. Expensive headphones and pricey stuff, on me.

i never usually even get a receipt unless its required for warranty or something and when i do i put it in my wallet.