Poll: Receipt with you or in the bag?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    In the bag for me. the 2 things that bug me about shopping, one is directing me when + how to use the card reader and input my pin, I can read ty very much, and being asked if I need help packing my bags, I once had maybe 7 items and they asked me that, I am polite and said no thank you, really I should have said yes just to take the piss.

Deleted
    Bag. I end up with a wallet full of receipts and can't find money in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Always in the bag, for me. I hate filling my pockets with anything but essentials.
    Did this the other day went shopping tossed the receipt in the bag.
    Got home realized one of the shirts I bought had a run in the material.
    I went back to the store about a week later and they were having Columbus day sales.
    I never wore or even tried on the shirt so it had all the tags on it.
    However the receipt was no longer in the bag.
    When I went to return it they informed me it was currently on sale and unless I had the receipt I would be losing 60% of the price I had originally paid.
    So in essence the receipt was essential.

With me, then it goes in the trash can on my way out the store. The grocery store here has trash cans right outside the store. I hold the receipt just long enough to get out the door (the alarm thing they have on the door is overly sensitive, and I sometimes need to prove that I paid for what's in my bags), then receipt goes in the trash.

I only keep the receipt when I'm buying something particularly expensive and need it for warranty purposes. Or if I'm buying a gift for someone. I always just wrap the receipt up and include it with things like Christmas presents, in case the recipient needs to return/exchange it for any reason.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2013-10-16 at 02:45 PM.

Depends, if its an average purchase its in the bag. If it's a high dollar item or one with a warranty I put those in my wallet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I dunno, I bought a blu-ray player that didn't work. I was really glad to have the receipt so I could get a refund.

Always keep receipts for expensive things. Small things? Nah.
    I have never had issues returning items that didn't work without a receipt. Most places will accept a credit card statement showing the purchase as a valid proof of purchase, especially if you aren't the type of person who goes in and starts blaming people for things. Being nice trumps a receipt 99% of the time.

I always check the receipt when doing groceries because sometimes some mistakes happen, charging you for an item twice etc.
    For lesser things I just get it in the bag.
    For returnable/expensive things I place them in my wallet and in a small lockbox when I get back home for future reference.

Deleted
    With me, has to be in my pocket !!! no other option available here.!

10+ Year Old Account
    I almost always want them in the bag when it comes to stuff like food, and other stuff that I would never need the receipt for. If its something like a game or something expensive then yeah I want the receipt in hand so I can make sure I don't throw it out. In case I have to go back and exchange or get my money back.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Deleted
    Never got asked. In Austria, they simply give it to you together with the change.
    If it's nothing very expensive, I tend to always leave the receipt right there, though.