Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    MONEY dictates these things...not assumptions or lore.

Lore can be made up/added up.

If it continues making money, it will keep going.

Pre-planned expansions, maybe. But Blizzard will continue to release new expansions as long as there's a player base to support the game. Even at a 50% subscription loss compared to its peak. World of Warcraft is still far too successful and popular to think about ending the game indefinitely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

a friend of the brother of my uncle's 2nd divorce who knows a janitor at a company that works in the same area code as blizzard told me there will be only 1 more expansion guys!

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Why would they make BiS weapons last 2 expansions?.
    Did you even read what you quoted?
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Did you even read what you quoted?
    It doesn't matter what he said, facts are what matters, and the fact is, we've never had heroic raid heirlooms before. Heroic raid heirlooms aren't the same as level 1 heirlooms.

There will be a "last" expansion when it's no longer profitable to make them. Anyone that thinks Blizz is just gonna end WoW even though it's still making money, is insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Zellviren View Post
    -snip-
    I'm not trying to disagree with you, I agree with your sentiment, and I wish it were that way, but the fact is, they will milk it for as long as they can. They will milk it till it stops being profitable.

They make the game for money. America is a greedy nation they will do anything to make money. As an American I feel I can say that.

Blizzard are also now partnered with Activision and Activision is known as one of the greediest game companies in the world, evidenced by Call of Duty.

Deleted
    I hope they do a lvl squish before players hit 100. If they do then I wont mind 2-4 expansions, if they don't, I'm done after this one.

10+ Year Old Account

You gotta respect...

Quote Originally Posted by Turin View Post
    *sigh* why do people keep assuming they will end WoW just like that. They will keep adding stuff to wow as long as it earns them money. A set time for Blizzard to end it does not exist.
    Besides, it's already been said that they think 3 expansions ahead.
    You need to respect the difference between "ending the game" and no longer making major expansions. At the current rate of Sub-decline, we can expect the game to go F2P around the same time said expansions are complete. It makes perfect sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard said when MoP was about to launch that they were working at the 3rd expansion after MoP, so basic answer. NO =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Only Tirion knows about BBolivar (likewise).
    Considering its been five years since WotLK, I think everyone has turned their attention elsewhere.
    Bolivar is not a villain, he's good, he won't turn on us or anything.

But I'd really like to see him like, use all of that Scourge man power he has avaiable to do something useful (ie, build anti Burning Legion Ray guns or etc).
    Yes only Tirion knows about Bolvar.
    It doesn't Bolvar can't awaken one day with a serious headache from managing countless of undead ghouls with nothing more in their mind than "raaaa brainnnnns eaaaaat".

Bolvar WAS good. He can definitively turn on us.

The guy has been infected by the Forsaken Plague, "purified" by Dragon fire that burned totally everything that is human in him, was tortured extensively by the previous Lich King, and suffers eternal agony from wearing the Helm of Domination and being "the jailor of the Damned".
    I think he will be an important protagonist in a future expansion (or game of the Warcraft franchise) as a Villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    You need to respect the difference between "ending the game" and no longer making major expansions. At the current rate of Sub-decline, we can expect the game to go F2P around the same time said expansions are complete. It makes perfect sense.
    The game will die off when they stop making expansions F2P or not. It just won't last without new content.

There has never been a case of a F2P game lasting WITHOUT content updates.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Umchilli View Post
    Hey guys, I was talking in game with some people and they convinced me that 2 expansions to wow are left and they are already known.

First one 90-95 would be about Great Sea and ending with Queen Azshara and last one 95-100 would be us going to Burning Legion's world and destroying Sargeras there.

I thought about it and that really made sense. Are these really the most likely candidates for last 2 expansions?
    Blizzard has said in the past, as long as ppl play wow we keep making xpacs. Also, heirloom weps are for 10 levels and not likely to be used for 2 xpacs either. I think those guy's know nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    Those in-game people, do they work at Blizzard?
    Yeah they're my cat's kittens new owner's best friend. And they work at blizzard

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    You do realize than until we reach the waaayyyy below 1 million player mark, it makes 0 sense for wow to go f2p....right?

Everquest is about to release their 20th expansion, with a fraction of the player base that WoW has. There is no reason to think that the end is in sight for WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    You do realize than until we reach the waaayyyy below 1 million player mark, it makes 0 sense for wow to go f2p....right?
    Not way below. Simply below. And yes, that was my point. At the current rate of sub-loss that threshold will be reached in the few years that it takes to produce two expansions, not "never ever ever".
    Last edited by Callace; 2013-10-15 at 04:44 PM. Reason: clarity

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    WoW expansions will be happening for a lonnnnnnng time into the future. Even if the game drops below a million subs, it will still get expansions. Look at EQ. EQ2 has another expansion on the way atm. SoE burned through all the EQ lore ages ago and are playing it by ear. Blizzard will do the same most likely.

Why would they make BiS weapons last 2 expansions?
    They didn't? It's really not hard for them to make an heirloom that works for 2 expansions. 90-94ish it would likely be very powerful before being replaced by a blue. 95-100 the stat scaling on it would change as is the case with other heirlooms. (Watch the stats on an heirloom weapon each level, and then watch what happens when you hit 58, and then again at 68.) And then for the 95-100 expansion it would be equivalent to a leveling blue. Wouldn't be "BiS."
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    The game will die off when they stop making expansions F2P or not. It just won't last without new content.

There has never been a case of a F2P game lasting WITHOUT content updates.
    Again, new content doesn't have to be in the form of major expansions. There are many games still churning out new content that are F2P that will never see content releases on the scale of wow expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not trying to disagree with you, I agree with your sentiment, and I wish it were that way, but the fact is, they will milk it for as long as they can. They will milk it till it stops being profitable.
    That doesn't necessarily mean making more expansions. For argument's sake, they could just as easily go with the two mentioned in the OP, then come up with some form of scaling tech for every major raid in the game, then just leave the servers on.

F2P, with microtransactions, would still be wildly profitable in the large scheme of things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zellviren View Post
    That doesn't necessarily mean making more expansions. For argument's sake, they could just as easily go with the two mentioned in the OP, then come up with some form of scaling tech for every major raid in the game, then just leave the servers on.
    Or keep adding the occasional content that coincides with future WC games, because, let's be honest, we're talking several years from now. Updates for old stuff is also a big possibility.