Poll: Thoughts?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 16 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuuki View Post
    Its not really discussing semantics, because dividing everything by 1000 means llow lvl gear will have silly decimal numbers (yeey, this bow has 0.018 agility and 0.028 stamina, which will increase my health by 0.28 HP)

The MegaDamage solution in essence will keep all numbers the same as they are now, however, they will now appear in a shortened format.
    Which is just semantics, as the gameplay remains the same in both cases.

An actual item squish will be radically different, instead of just mega damage with a different coat of paint.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac223 View Post
    Good explanation.

Lets see if I can make the item squish more understandable.

Noooo, this is too complicated for this kind of guys :

It's always the same uninformed morons derailing threads about the item squish with the same "i wont be able to solo old crap" and "i dont want to be weaker". I'm actually looking forward to it, most of the casual lfr crowd don't even know how to do decent damage anyway atm.

Let me explain in a much simple way :

1. There are 2 solutions . Squish and Megadamage .

2. That "reduce mob power 30% - reduce player power 30% " is not Squish . Is Megadamage .

3. Megadamage won't nerf you . Agree. But Squish will nerf you .

4. Then someone come again to explain us that we don't understand math , and give me the Megadamage example . Like this guy over here describing the Megadamage

If Heroic Lich King has 103M HP & takes you like 2minutes too kill, after the squish he might have 6k HP & still take 2minutes to kill. The idea is that everything should remain relative, that's the whole point of the squish.
    5. You are just talking about a different thing. Megadamage is not Squish. Actually you are the one lacking math skills .
    Last edited by mmoc1e4c5b7903; 2013-10-15 at 10:28 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marfrilau View Post
    Oh here we go again. You clearly don't know what a squish will actually do so please stop posting nonsense like this. A squish will not just reduce everything by a certain percentage...
    Yes it will

Quote Originally Posted by Filth the Warlock View Post
    Yes it will
    No, it won't... Lower levels will be reduced less than higher levels.

10+ Year Old Account
    i want mega damage D:
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
    No, it won't... Lower levels will be reduced less than higher levels.
    Sorry I assumed everybody had common sense.
    No you will not be starting with 0.0002 hp and mobs will not have 0.00005 hp.

Would the numerical reduction of a 9 digit number, reduced by 50%, be larger than that of a 2 digit number?

Oh no the mobs in a zone I'll never have a reason to be in again will be stronger than they were before. MAYBE. Come on the level 90 mobs can't do anything while they're current content. As for soloing old raids and dungeons, well, if that's what you're into it might suck. I don't think the game was intended to be single player anyways so I'm afraid Blizzard might not care too much about it. Perhaps they'll just buff you inside of old raids though to not have everyone that does that butt hurt. I don't see any logic in just simply not doing a squish though.

1 million health tanks is ridiculous, bring on the stat squish.

Deleted
    What a loaded questions, OP is such an amateur

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolcraft View Post
    1 million health tanks is ridiculous, bring on the stat squish.
    It should be possible to code a very lag-heavy addon that would reduce every number ever displayed on your screen by 95%, if that would make you happy.

No but seriously, I agree the numbers are growing large. But I really do not and will never understand why that's a cause for such massive disagreements over something as absolutely and utterly irrelevant as digits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MistsofBoredom View Post
    With Mists of Pandaria, our characters have gotten really powerful. Tanks have broken 1 million health, DPS do a few hundred thousand DPS, and so forth.

But there's a strong indication, I think, that in the next expansion we'll have item level toned down and our characters severely weakened. How do you feel about that? Are you alright with it, or do you prefer getting even stronger next expansion?
    It isn't your character getting weaker. You're getting stronger with stat squish.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sznur View Post
    What a loaded questions, OP is such an amateur
    Yep. People can't handle the truth.

i don't care about numbers but if by any chance the numbers squish gonna affect my ability to solo old content then this become a big problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    As long as it doesn't affect my ability to solo old content, I give a grand total of 0 shits.
    This right here, I used to care if my character wasn't doing 100k+ but ... the more I think about it, I just really don't care. As long as I can still solo things like ICC etc, then I could do 100k or 1k, doesn't matter to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

While I'm not totally against a squish, it's practically unavoidable that Blizzard will mess it up at some point. They say now that afterwards everything will feel like before, but that's merely a sham, it's easy to say that beforehand and later claim that there were "unforeseen issues" and "things don't always go as planned". I mean, look around you, there is probably not a single thing Blizzard implemented that doesn't have some flaws that are *never* getting tended to afterwards, and I'd bet my account it will happen with the squish as well. There's a saying you know, never change a running system. Every once in a while even Blizzard should go by that.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

Would the numerical reduction of a 9 digit number, reduced by 50%, be larger than that of a 2 digit number?
    What are you talking about? That's not what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by vandam View Post
    Snip
    This is blatant stupidity.

Sure, I know that the really low levels would get affected by the squish in a weird way if they were just going to Slash Health & Damage by a certain %.

So fucking obviously that is not how they're going to do it... The POINT is that it is going to remain relative, squish or megadamage it doesn't matter, you will still kill shit in exactly the same amount of time. If they decide to go with Megadamage, then it just means you'll kill X mob in 2 minutes by dealing lots of FIVE MEGADAMAGE. If they choose the squish then it just means you'll kill X mob in 2 minutes with 500DPS compared to your current 200k.

Everything remains RELATIVE, that is the key word here. We don't know how they're going to make low levels work, we don't know how they're going to make dungeons/raids work, but I'm sure they would only do it if they actually have a decent solution & everything will remain in line to what it currently is.

Yes it will
    Stop posting lies and do your homework. Read the Dev Watercooler and come back.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daverid View Post
    This is blatant stupidity.

Sure, I know that the really low levels would get affected by the squish in a weird way if they were just going to Slash Health & Damage by a certain %.

So fucking obviously that is not how they're going to do it... The POINT is that it is going to remain relative, squish or megadamage it doesn't matter, you will still kill shit in exactly the same amount of time. If they decide to go with Megadamage, then it just means you'll kill X mob in 2 minutes by dealing lots of FIVE MEGADAMAGE. If they choose the squish then it just means you'll kill X mob in 2 minutes with 500DPS compared to your current 200k.

Everything remains RELATIVE, that is the key word here. We don't know how they're going to make low levels work, we don't know how they're going to make dungeons/raids work, but I'm sure they would only do it if they actually have a decent solution & everything will remain in line to what it currently is.
    For the love of. Read the Dev Watercooler. Everything will not remain the same relatively speaking if the do the squish.

The item squish is really needed, and I hope that they turn it down to the point where 300k DPS now becomes 3k.

That still means we'll be at 10-12k DPS but the end of the next expansion.

That basically puts the current expansion at a TBC level stat wise and the next one will be what wrath was.
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

No but seriously, I agree the numbers are growing large. But I really do not and will never understand why that's a cause for such massive disagreements over something as absolutely and utterly irrelevant as digits.

Because of how computers are made to work. There are limits to how many digits you can (easily) operate with, and a 50% reduction would be horribly ineffective at keeping WoW from running into the limitations of 32-programming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well they are just numbers so for me it wouldn't really matter either way although dealing 100,000 damage and tanks with 1 million health is a bit ridiculous and will only get more ridiculous as the game moves on if Blizzard doesn't tone it down. So actually in a way I would be looking forward to a stat squish to a more reasonable level.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe