Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

soccer players required to wear helmets

i dont know much about soccer but wouldnt wearing a helmets screw up the headbutts.
    are peoples heads getting softer or are people just over sensitive these days.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/10/sixt...s-this-season/
    HAKUNA MATATA... IT MEANS NO WORRIES FOR THE REST OF YOUR DAYS

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not make them wear those air-filled sumosuits for protection while we're at it?...

Quote Originally Posted by Vapo View Post
    Why not make them wear those air-filled sumosuits for protection while we're at it?...
    I think I would watch that. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

Quote Originally Posted by c2dholla619 View Post
    i dont know much about soccer but wouldnt wearing a helmets screw up the headbutts.

I assume its just gonna be some light leather helmets with some padding in the back and temple.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by c2dholla619 View Post

I think you mean heading, headbutts aren't usually allowed.

It's nannying kids, and it will lead to players not knowing how to head the ball properly.

Terry Butcher does not approve.

Yes, that is blood. Yes, he played like that.

Yeah, it can have a very minor effect. I have heard this before. Every few years it pops up again that some professor has studied it.

Problem is that I haven't seen any ex football player looking like Muhammad Ali or something like that. And the former pro's I have heard about it all say they hadn't heard about problems neither.

So it seems overdrawn. Kind of like banning all tap water when some professor found out the minerals might cause cancer (super duper minor chance to ever happen but okay).

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    I assume its just gonna be some light leather helmets with some padding in the back and temple.
    That does sound reasonable though and those are pretty vulnerable areas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapo View Post
    One would think it's questionable to believe that it's medically sound to smack your head against a ball that is normally kicked with steel toe shoes.

I mean yeah, people have done stupider things for less yet at the same time I'd like to think intellect is valuable.

That is of course until those thoughts are ruined by someone who has spent their life slamming their head into things pukes onto then fornicates with my sentiments about intellect being valuable.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Deleted
    I take it this is some joke website right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post

It's nannying kids, and it will lead to players not knowing how to head the ball properly.

Eh, not that I really care either way, but FDR claimed that adding pads to American Football would turn the whole country into a bunch of sissyboys, but I would challenge you to go up to a pro football player and suggest that to him.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

We are talking about a country that calls the game which you play with your hands FOOTball and calls the game which you play with your feet something else...

Overall you don't use your head that much during football and the ball themselves aren't actually hard and their is little risk for head trauma since you aren't actually using your head to tackle somebody, what this will do however is limit a players vision.

Also I have my doubts towards the study. 2e largest sport with most concussions behind American football isn't really saying much since most sports are less physical and the ones that are more physical already require protective gear because with sports like baseball or lacrosse getting hit by a big will have a bigger impact on a person.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post

His injury's are a exception and avoiable if he done what most players do and just switch.

Overall in football the danger area for players are their legs and for the goalkeeper his hands (gloves provide better grip and some for your fingers). During some matches you will have players bumping heads if both of them jump but that doesn't happen often.
    Last edited by ati87; 2013-10-15 at 04:14 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    One would think it's questionable to believe that it's medically sound to smack your head against a ball that is normally kicked with steel toe shoes.
    I don't think football shoes have steel protection.

This madness of safety of kids is just getting out of hand. Previous generations survived climbing trees, being outside without cellphones, playing sports without helmets etc. Is there something special about the current generation? Are they not made of regular human materials?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Eh, not that I really care either way, but FDR claimed that adding pads to American Football would turn the whole country into a bunch of sissyboys, but I would challenge you to go up to a pro football player and suggest that to him.
    I have done when we had an American Football team from a College in the US touring round English rugby clubs, teaching us about AF, we played some AF with them, they played some Rugby with us. Well I say played Rugby with us, we had one tackle on them and then there coach pulled the team off saying it was too rough. Always had a low opinion of the sport since then. It was pretty fun to play AF against them though, those pads are amazing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Samitsu View Post
    This madness of safety of kids is just getting out of hand. Previous generations survived climbing trees, being outside without cellphones, playing sports without helmets etc. Is there something special about the current generation? Are they not made of regular human materials?
    The parents. What makes the parents like that ? No fucking clue.

Deleted
    Coming soon to an American field near you!

Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    Coming soon to an American field near you!

i dont know if i'd pay to see that. But i would definitely pay to play that...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Samitsu View Post
    It's not the new generations fault, it's the last generations, who are the parents, fault.

Deleted
    bloody American pussies,

They play "rugby" all padded up cos they scared of a few bruises
    now they wanna play soccer all padded up.

Jesus, MAN UP ALREADY

Deleted
    Meh, you don't need one. Yes, sometimes someone gets an injury to the head, but you can get those from any other sport/activity.