Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    I can only do LFR because my server is dead and I can't justify spending 25 bucks to transfer plus I had a long history on my server, it's kinda hard to want to leave.

But yeah, Tanks are saddled with so much more stuff to do and be aware of. If you think being a melee DPS is annoying on Dark Shaman, try being a tank forced to make constant judgement calls where you drag them around and still get yelled at regardless of how right you were.
    There is an addon called OQueue or OQ for short, its bacically an in game version of open-raid.us. Try that out its how I cap valor and find flex runs for my alts each week.

Quote Originally Posted by Tankitbetter View Post
    I wasn't aware that timeless coin drops varied so greatly that it was "RNG" to buy Burdens from a vendor.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, I expect groups of similar skill and similar progression to work together. First time in flex? Why should I carry you? Why don't you go and do Flex with other people who are doing it for the first time?

Trying to say I'm "self centered" and "selfish" because I want a clean run is like calling a company selfish for hiring the most qualified candidates.
    Well, they are :x People are getting excluded for inexperience, and that's just not fair. Same as far as jobs go. It's a really shitty cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    And that's perfectly alright. Personally, I rarely even bother looking for Flex raids, but when I do, I look for ones that sound like they're going to be successful. In fact, I don't think I've ever even joined a group that advertised a minimum ilvl... but, if I saw a 550 req flex raid for Thok or Garrosh, you bet your ass I'd join just so I'd know that we'd have less hassle than some of the lesser geared groups.

But, as I've said, I've had success with pretty much every Flex group I've joined and I don't think any of them have had any achievement or ilvl requirements.

Side Note: I find it odd that no one is making similar complaints for Normal Mode pugs. Or, rather, very few people are -- everyone is fixated on Flex. There's a guy on my server that runs a SoO normal pug every weekend... requires 545 min ilvl and 11 or 12/14 experience. He personally armories players and makes sure they are going to work out. I managed to get into his group last Friday... and, by the end of the night, 5 of the people in the group (who weren't all there in the beginning, btw) were in Midwinter and we were sitting at Garrosh. Min ilvl and experience requirements work.
    Oh, I totally agree. During wrath when content was EASILY puggable I went through that process. Even using Oque, I tend to pop on to someones armory before blinding accepting their posted ilvl.

Sadly the trade off that we made when moving to a lower pop server was in the non existent level of play that the players here do have.

Pugging normal mode just does not happen.
    On the occasions we ask the only responses will be from 515 ilvl players who have only completed SOME LFR as far back as cataclysm.

So, no thank you, and on to the next refusal.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
    As long as people require 530+ ilvl for flex, I don't see people moving to flex very soon
    LOl its called joining a guild. My guild raids Normal with some Heroics when we get to them. We also do Flex 1 night a week which Is all I do and started out at 500 ilvl on both my Shammy and Pally.

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    Well, they are :x People are getting excluded for inexperience, and that's just not fair. Same as far as jobs go. It's a really shitty cycle.
    It's simply a case of people not trying hard enough. Go to openraid and you can find a group. Not getting an invite? Make your own group. Maybe look up the strats before you start the group so that you have a basic understanding. You might have to replace other bad players, but there is literally nothing preventing anyone from getting in a Flex group if they're actually willing to try.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Ignoring the fact tanks are unpopular due to being boring, most tanks that suck it up and play as such will eventually ditch LFR.

EVERYONE will eventually ditch LFR unless they like running with bots, mouth breathers, and players who purchased their level 90 and only know how to spam Heroic Strike.
    Tank are boring? Sounds like an opinion to me since i find tanking fun.

Deleted
    I would rather say tanks moved on to healer and dps. After the 5.4 changes I stopped playing lfr (and flex) on all my 3 tank classes since I find it utterly boring now. Instead I play on my dps and healer alts.

Same goes for heroic dungeons, actually especially heroic dungeons. The 1/n vengeance change made dugeons unbearable. Tanking dungeons with 5-10k vengeance while you have dps geared with 550+ ilvl is just dreadful. On my main that is a tank I sometimes still do dungeons for valor points. But then I queue as a dps/healer in tank spec and just do 50k dps in tank spec, since tanking is so boring I would rather take the longer queue timer. I also completely stupped tanking dungeons on my tank alts.

The 1/n vengeance formula is also causing me to dread the next expansion, as it will make leveling as a tank, and doing any daily quests / grinds completely dreadful. It is honestly making me consider rerolling from tank to my resto durid or hunter 100% due to the 1/n vengeance formula. I have talked with other tank friends and they think the same.

If you want one bad guy why there are even less tanks now than before, I would look at the 1/n vengeance formula and reverting that.

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    LOl its called joining a guild. My guild raids Normal with some Heroics when we get to them. We also do Flex 1 night a week which Is all I do and started out at 500 ilvl on both my Shammy and Pally.
    You don't need to join a guild or do normal SOO or flex SOO to get ilvl 530.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Ignoring the fact tanks are unpopular due to being boring, most tanks that suck it up and play as such will eventually ditch LFR.

EVERYONE will eventually ditch LFR unless they like running with bots, mouth breathers, and players who purchased their level 90 and only know how to spam Heroic Strike.
    As a tank I get to focus on DPS and on Active mitigation... how is that boring? I love tanking now more than ever and I find way more fun on my prot war nwo than I was having as a mage before and I played that toon for years!

The days of standing in the bosses crotch and just taking hits while hoping you have enough stam are long gone! Active tanking is FUN and tryign to min max your dps on top of that just adds another layer of fun!

~Opinions and all that jazz~

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gospels View Post
    Huh? Lol. Yes, it did explain the rest of my post. It was the last line of my post. You know, the conclusion, where you sum up your point...thanks? You are good at this forum stuff.
    Yep, you confirmed your complete lack of knowledge about the scene of tanking for the past two raid tiers by mentioning that you don't tank anymore.

You're good at this comprehension stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    If only normal was scaled content like Flex!
    I think they will do this next.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"