Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Good riddance to the cancer that is lfr.

I have an alt tank i used to help my guild during ToT - with the Flex addition we just decided to dedicate an evening to it an everyone can come with whatevere character they like.

Only a few run LFR, i personally don't even look at it anymore. I don't have much time to play, and i prefer a lot more to have a fun evening with friends than a couple of hours with some complete strangers hoping i have enough people capable of doing the fights to avoid wiping.

Flex is easy, can be done with any setup, rewards better gear and i can play with friends. It's basically all i want from the game. If only normal was scaled content like Flex!
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Tanking is just too much of a hassle if you're able to do flex reliably. And if you're not up to snuff, you'll most likely not queue as a tank for LFR, as you'll need very thick skin. It's easier to get by as shit dps, than a shit tank, and most people who do lfr are shit.
    It's by no means difficult to tank LFR, you just have to actually do stuff most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by kazih View Post
    I will not be surprised if by the end of next XPAC LFR will be phase out and Flex will takeover as the normal raid alternative with an increase in dungeons and scenarios available compared to MoP. Just my 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a tank and I have moved on to flex.

On my tank alt, I only log him to do Flex.

LFR will have such long ques (not that it doesnt already) it will just phase itself out.
    IMO that was the point of creating it.

Only reason I ran my tank in LFR was to keep up with the legendary cloak for alt runs. I otherwise only use said tank for alt runs, which is now Flex.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    LFR will have such long ques (not that it doesnt already) it will just phase itself out.
    IMO that was the point of creating it.
    So instead of giving players a raidmode they feel works best for them, LFR fails and those who happily ran it are now forced to join the harder Flex mode?

Sure, i might have a bad habit of belittling LFR but it exist for a reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kazih View Post
    Please do explain. I see nothing wrong with LFR.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Keepwatukill View Post
    I will not be surprised if by the end of next XPAC LFR will be phase out and Flex will takeover as the normal raid alternative with an increase in dungeons and scenarios available compared to MoP. Just my 2 cents.
    LFR isn't going ANYWHERE. Far far to many people use it. It will be here untill wow shuts down.
    Aye mate

Deleted
    LFR is going to get nerfed into the ground permanently at some point.

TBC tank.. Ive been tanking since then. I agree with the statment where whilst im tanking i have to give at most 90% of my time. While dps only have to give a max of say 40%... i do LFR on the odd boat but i have moved to flex
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskymon View Post
    So instead of giving players a raidmode they feel works best for them, LFR fails and those who happily ran it are now forced to join the harder Flex mode?

Sure, i might have a bad habit of belittling LFR but it exist for a reason.
    Essentially no one is going to join Flex just because there is no LFR. Raiding will go back to being something that 10% of the players do, and the other 90% will start quitting for good.

This is why there is always going to be easy-mode raiding in WoW, as long as there is raiding, and as long as there is WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Birkhoff View Post
    because players can afk and get away with it while he has no choice but keep tanking
    Have you ever played a tank? You can alt tab more often as a tank :P
    Personally I like to troll on my tank and kill 'pro' DPS who like to pull trash.
    PM me weird stuff :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gospels View Post
    I dont tank anymore
    Well that explains the rest of your post.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post
    Have you ever played a tank? You can alt tab more often as a tank :P
    Personally I like to troll on my tank and kill 'pro' DPS who like to pull trash.
    This is pretty much the most false thing I have ever read on these forums.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

As a tank - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...stuff/advanced - I can say this is spot on. The only Siege LFRs I did are the first week of it and and then one set of parts 1/2 to help a friend. I have absolutely no reason to go in to LFR - and this is coming from a guy who did a bunch of LFRs before this patch.

as a tank, I still go into lfr for the bags and for fun

Deleted
    As long as people require 530+ ilvl for flex, I don't see people moving to flex very soon

i've tanked since BC till MOP as my guild died and my life changed to where i couldn't commit to a schedule, i did on LFR as a tank and said never again due to how people are, its easier to just play DPS as much as I prefer tanking. If they made it so you got a bonus satchel with mounts/pets per boss kill yeah i'd go back to it probably hell it should even include TCG mounts for what tanks have to put up with in LFR.