-
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    Your head----
    [FUNNY] <..................> [your joke]

There was a time when parsing the data files and finding stuff in them was a "leak". Since then, data mining has become something anyone can do with a number of programs, and the only advantage sites like MMO-Champion have is that they have better programs to automatically extract it rather than going through by hand. Blizzard has seen the methods people use and has found better ways to release it in a way that it's no longer easily obtainable, even if the data is essentially in plain sight (e.g., the post Garrosh kill cinematic).

There's also legit leaks in the more traditional sense - that is, things that are intended to be secret that are released to the public by inside sources, or accidents (e.g., a website update that's accidentally updated, someone catches it before it's reverted) -- but as Blizzard has long since learned how valuable information is, they are much more deliberate about how they manage it, and also more liberal about how they release it - if something is inevitably going to be leaked, they no longer attempt to hide it, and instead release it and put their own spin on it from the start rather than having it be discovered, giving discoverer license to give their opinion as the first impression.

Basically, MMO-Champ didn't get worse at releasing leaks, Blizzard got better at not having leaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Moderators are volunteers. They don't get paid for moderating the site. they aren't here to report anything.
    Who said any MMO-champ staff gets paid?

Who said moderators report anything?

Reading comprehension skills prz. Thx.

Quote Originally Posted by scarson View Post
    I know. In the past not only people who discuss bans were banned, but also those who discuss the discussion about bans were banned. MMO-Champ has changed a lot since it's earlier days and not for the better.

What is frustrating is I am yet to find a fun alternative.
    On the Plus side Endus - Moderator. Is like the diamond in the ruff of this site.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    On the Plus side Endus - Moderator. Is like the diamond in the ruff of this site.
    Some would disagree with that but /shrug He doesn't bother me.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

You're confusing "leak" with "small tidbit of information disclosed to a select few sites immediately before an official announcement in order to force the community to pay attention."

MMO Champion has never leaked anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not to interfere with the conversation but discussing moderation or specific moderators is out of bounds for the thread and off-topic in any case since it has nothing to do with leaks.

If you have issues with moderation generally or a moderator specifically please send a PM to an admin. Thanks.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    The conspiracy theories in this thread are hilarious. Blizz secretly bought MMO-C to be its mouthpiece? MMO-C probably knows the xpac? Maybe they should leak it to a 3rd party and then report on that leak?
    Wow.
    I'm on this site for many years now and it was a well known that Bibi knows people from Blizzard that shared Alpha and Beta Informations with him. That what mad MMO Champ the #1 Site for WoW news. Faster than any other site out there. If you want untextured alpha models from internal versions you found them here. But this started to change with WotlK. They had the Familie and Friends Alpha Patchnotes and then Blizz contacted them and asked them to remove them:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Rating-Comics

At that time it was prefered to post leaks from other sources in the forums to make sure it's not MMO who is to blame. This went on until Cataclysm.
    When we got leaks of the Familie and Friends Beta showing the new Stormwind:
    http://www.gameinformer.com/cfs-file...2D00_610x0.jpg
    Blizzard contacted Bibi and asked not to share Internal/Alpha/NDA-protected Data. They agreed to avoid legal problems and since then all we get are datamines from non-NDA violating PTR Files.

Here is the news from the day this happened:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...from-the-site/

2010-05-12 Boubouille: "Blizzard asked us to remove all the content from the Cataclysm Alpha on the site. I don't have any reason or project to be an internet superhero because none of the underwear I have look nice over my pants and I'm in the process of removing all the content from the site."

Since that was the second time this happened MMO Champ have become very strict against posting NDA violating material, even in their forums and about other non-Blizzard games.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scarson View Post
    Who said any MMO-champ staff gets paid?

Who said moderators report anything?

Reading comprehension skills prz. Thx.

So please explain. What were you trying to say.

And what is prz?

Deleted
    What was the information/leak that all the other sites, like Curse, did not reveal while mmo-champ did? That was when this became the clear #1 site for WoW. I remember it cost them relations to Blizzard, and mmo-champ was not invited to the press dinner while every other major fan site was. Other fan sites at the dinner got some crappy ass PR information from Blizzard while mmo-champ had won the top site race by giving the real unedited info to the masses. I think it was around TBC.

All good things come to an end though.

When did they sell off? To who? I missed something.

Actually, besides MMO Champ, what is the next best fan site for MMO, Ten Ton Hammer?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    I think people are confused because everyone is misspelling "leek"

http://youtu.be/Toa0rerO1CU?t=1m17s
    I love you.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    When did they sell off? To who? I missed something.

Actually, besides MMO Champ, what is the next best fan site for MMO, Ten Ton Hammer?

they were sold to curse a few years back.

PTR was for people who were REALLY REALLY into the game, we didnt have devs workin as close to MMO as the do now, its not that they stopped leaking, its that things go thrown out to the masses for you to read more, and not have to be discovered in a PTR.