Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    Deleted

Last 2 expansions?

Hey guys, I was talking in game with some people and they convinced me that 2 expansions to wow are left and they are already known.

First one 90-95 would be about Great Sea and ending with Queen Azshara and last one 95-100 would be us going to Burning Legion's world and destroying Sargeras there.

I thought about it and that really made sense. Are these really the most likely candidates for last 2 expansions?

No. 10 annoying chars.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2013-10-15 at 03:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    *sigh* why do people keep assuming they will end WoW just like that. They will keep adding stuff to wow as long as it earns them money. A set time for Blizzard to end it does not exist.
    Besides, it's already been said that they think 3 expansions ahead.

Those in-game people, do they work at Blizzard?

Deleted
    Could you edit "confirmed" out of the topic? I really think you should reconsider renaming it before people enter the thread and derail it completely.

Confirmed means when it has been officially announced by a Blizzard representative. It won't be until Blizzcon. And even then, they will likely not announce 7.0, only 6.0. (However, I strongly believe 6.0 will hint or even tell us what 7.0 will be about)

On topic: 90-95 Great Sea and 95-100 Burning Legion is the absolutely most likely scenario, yes.

The second most likely is Burning Legion both 90-95 and 95-100, but 90-95 is a war on Azeroth while 95-100 is a war on Argus where we take on Sargeras.

5.5 will be a grand introduction patch to 6.0, same with 6.x being an introduction patch to 7.0

Future expansions: Will there be more? Of course there will, but I think 95-100 with Sargeras will mark as the "true end" and additional expansions after that will be of threats not as big as Sargeras and feature a lot of new lore (like MoP). My biggest guess there will be traveling to the other side of Azeroth. The map we see nowadays is of only 1/3 of Azeroth's surface, we don't know what's on the back.

But does lvl 100 mean anything? No. It's just that Sargeras, the true end boss of the current WoW lore is very likely to be end boss there.
    Last edited by mmoce8f8bee469; 2013-10-15 at 02:54 PM.

100 is just a number, there's nothing special about 100 that makes you think "Ok yeah that's definitely last level".. WoW will keep going as long as it keeps making money, besides in an interview when MoP Launched, the WoW director said they already know what next THREE expansions will be about with the 8th one being kept as an idea only. For all we know, the last level might be 255 seeing as how that's the maximum registered level in the game client.

FWIW, Garrosh heirlooms scale to 100. That's good indication that next expansion ALONE will reach 100.

Deleted
    Why make only 2 more expansion? This is a business company in USA, it's all about profit, why stop making money?

I also don't thinnk they will do a 5 level xpac again..... so next xpac will be 90-100, I hope sincerely.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endre View Post
    Why make only 2 more expansion? This is a business company in USA, it's all about profit, why stop making money?
    Maybe they had enough.
    Maybe they bought themselves free just now, just to stop producing things :-)

Deleted
    Since there are a billion people going on about the whole "blizz will stop at lvl 100"

GAME
    POPULAR
    GAME
    NO
    END
    IF
    POPULAR

Blizzard has said that as long as people want to play WoW they will support it. So as long as it's profitable they will keep releasing expansions.

Deleted
    No it's not confirmed.
    It's not as long as Blizzard does not announce anything.
    Even if the next one was announced, they would never risk announcing the next one after that because it would be a commitment for them, and they would lose adaptability.
    So your "in game people" speak when in fact they don't know a thing... Or maybe they mistook a speculation thread for a confirmation ? There are so many of them these days.

Anyway, is it a likely scenario ? Yes I think so. But I would be disappointed by a Sargeras expansion so soon.
    Sargeras is the biggest villain in the Warcraft universe even if we never really saw him in game.
    A Sargeras expansion would be the end of WoW as it is now.

Anyway, don't be convinced by people without any confirmation from a blue post, or a blog, or a tweet from an official blizzard member.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    FWIW, Garrosh heirlooms scale to 100. That's good indication that next expansion ALONE will reach 100.
    No it is NOT. Enchants and random stuff back in WotLK suggested lvl 90, look what happened.

Stop saying this, holy christ.

Bloodsail Admiral melkesjokolade's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    emerald dream, azshara and burning legion will defo be expansions and thats 3, so no, plenty more ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Endre View Post
    Yup. Look at how Battlefield/Derp of Duty as a prime example. Blizzard showed they don't mind butchering and alienating fans as well (D3 for that example).

Deleted
    Blizzard sayd at the last con that aslong as people keep playing the game they keep making CONTENT for it.

The "Game ends at level 100" people have to be trolling at this point?

aslong as wow have 500.000+ subs it won't just "stop". and even after that point id assume they would make the game in some sort of offline mode as diablo 1-2 is.

just beacuse you want it to end doesnt mean it will. stop being so damn negative. enjoy what you have. when it ends it ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Deleted
    brilliant - why didn't I post something like this? oh wait!

The game isn't going to end at level 100

and then people say 100 is just a number :-)
    Just look at the threads it causes.......omg it is unbelievable.

There must be something in the number 100.