Thread: The ART Thread!

The ART Thread!

[content deleted user]
    Last edited by Sole-Warrior; 2021-01-15 at 08:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow your stuff is really cool. I'd probly have a couple of them as desktop backgrounds if I could (the plant one expecially)

Deleted
    Very nice work! you're very talented. I do a bit of composing and may reach out to you later should I need some work for a cover/package. You can check out my work @ www.bonixmusic.com. I currently do all the graphics myself for my libraries. I have a lot of fun creating, although it may not be the highest quality, it is very satisfying!

I could definitely see you getting some work for various projects with your skill sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Wow your stuff is really cool. I'd probly have a couple of them as desktop backgrounds if I could (the plant one expecially)
    Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 8-bit View Post
    Very nice work! you're very talented. I do a bit of composing and may reach out to you later should I need some work for a cover/package. You can check out my work @ www.bonixmusic.com. I currently do all the graphics myself for my libraries. I have a lot of fun creating, although it may not be the highest quality, it is very satisfying!

I could definitely see you getting some work for various projects with your skill sets.
    Well set up website, And sure I can help.
    Last edited by Sole-Warrior; 2013-10-15 at 11:46 PM.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Your stuff looks really neat! Especially like the "Through the Rings of an Alien Giant"-piece on your DA.

I used to do space-themed digital art a lot when I was younger... But now when my "hobby" became a job (workings as a Graphics Designer) I rarely do any artsy stuff on my free time as it just feels like I use all of my creative energy at work or during freelance projects

Here's some of my really really old stuff: http://xxcorexx.deviantart.com/gallery/
    All the space-scenes are 100% made in photoshop, no stock-images used. Hand-crafted everything from the planet to the stars :P (the maelstrom one is an exception for the rocks at the front).

Mind you that stuff is ancient. Made it years before I even got to work as a designer... I've improved a whole lot since then, hopefully at least

I know digital Photoshop-art has nothing on traditional art or actually just digitally PAINTING something without the use of tools but hey, it's something :P

I will admit your art is very impressive, I can tell you're particularly inspired by space (fair enough, there's plenty to be inspired by out there) but you lost me once you started talking about the future of arts. It's like reading a textbook where my brain just shuts off after reading a few paragraphs.

I was never a huge art person. I can admire it, but certainly not analyze the inner meanings behind them and all that jazz.

Since I joined the brony community I regularly check out the fan art compilations. It's always interesting to see the variety of styles people use. http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/1...stuff-961.html
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2013-10-24 at 03:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

my particular art form is woodworking. here's a project i made for my dad, not particularly artsy though.

it is a dough box, which at one time almost every house had, but has been pretty much forgotten now. they were used for storing flour, and the top served as a place to make bread and frequently doubled as a tray to take the loaves to the oven. i added hand forged (not by me) black iron hinges so it would be more useable as a chest. it's made from tiger maple, with 1 board sides, top, and bottom on a splayed tapered leg base. the whole thing is hand planed with a curved blade for texture

http://imgur.com/a/VsQl7
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

I'm envious of the level of talent in the thread. I seriously wish that I could draw or create Art work as well as you guys, But sadly, I pour too much time into my own art form (Acting and Singing, along with teaching both).

To OP: Your concept of "The Ring Leader" is absolutely gorgeous. You're amazingly talented.

My favorite painting is Van Gogh's "Starry Night" http://www.vangoghgallery.com/catalo...arry-Night.jpg. I know it's a little cliche, but I've always found this painting so serene. It takes me back to some very good memories of my childhood, gazing up at the night sky in wonder.

I'll grab some of my drawings to post here when I get home.
    Last edited by Aherooffools; 2013-10-24 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Forgot something

Are we allowed to share signature designs done in photoshop?

Id like for this to become a frequent thing where we can post recent/previous work and get some feedback.

By the way OP, that one work with earth and the roots (?) around it is fantastic. I always love manipulation works like that, almost reminds me of fantastic 4 when galactus was about to devour the earth.

Deleted
    Beautiful artwork, interesting thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Sup3rvillain View Post
    Are we allowed to share signature designs done in photoshop?

Id like for this to become a frequent thing where we can post recent/previous work and get some feedback.

By the way OP, that one work with earth and the roots (?) around it is fantastic. I always love manipulation works like that, almost reminds me of fantastic 4 when galactus was about to devour the earth.
    absolutely, I do no think the mods on these forums care. And my client gave me that idea =D

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ViveLaVie View Post
    Beautiful artwork, interesting thoughts
    thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Another piece to share.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aherooffools View Post
    I'm envious of the level of talent in the thread. I seriously wish that I could draw or create Art work as well as you guys, But sadly, I pour too much time into my own art form (Acting and Singing, along with teaching both).

To OP: Your concept of "The Ring Leader" is absolutely gorgeous. You're amazingly talented.

My favorite painting is Van Gogh's "Starry Night" http://www.vangoghgallery.com/catalo...arry-Night.jpg. I know it's a little cliche, but I've always found this painting so serene. It takes me back to some very good memories of my childhood, gazing up at the night sky in wonder.

I'll grab some of my drawings to post here when I get home.
    Singing and acting are art forms themselves. As for learning and drawing, I am currently setting up youtube tutorials to share =). In addition, I do have some tutorials to how I create my stuff on my DA. http://elitanna.deviantart.com/gallery/39264623/TUTORIALS