10+ Year Old Account

Madden 13 or Madden 25?

Any Madden players here? I haven't played this game in a long time, not since 2006, so I was wondering if anybody could help me out here. Recently I felt like playing an NFL game and what better game is there than Madden? I'm not much of a sports fan but when it comes to football I enjoy watching my favorite team, Dallas Cowboys, play and some of my other favorite teams. So anyway I'm looking to buy either Madden 13 because it's a lot cheaper or Madden 25 because of its up to date player roster and new features. I would get Madden 13 but the thing that's holding me back is the outdated player roster and coaches. I wanted to play an up to date Madden game where it has all the current players and coaches on their right teams. For example in Madden 13 I think Andy Reid, now the coach of the Chiefs, is still on the Eagles and some players who are on my favorite team, Cowboys, today aren't on there yet. Unless there's a way to do it like I used to back on Madden 2006 where I would create the new players and release the other players that aren't on the team anymore but then can you do the same for the coaches and just manually put them on the right teams? Or does EA provide some sort of update that takes care of all of that for you? (kinda doubt this...)

Right now at Gamestop a used copy of Madden 25 is around $55 still and I kind of don't want to spend that much money on a Madden game and Madden 13 is around $20 which I would be willing to spend. But again, if the extra $35 is worth it to get Madden 25 I'll just get that. Thanks.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    Any Madden players here? I haven't played this game in a long time, not since 2006, so I was wondering if anybody could help me out here. Recently I felt like playing an NFL game and what better game is there than Madden? I'm not much of a sports fan but when it comes to football I enjoy watching my favorite team, Dallas Cowboys, play and some of my other favorite teams. So anyway I'm looking to buy either Madden 13 because it's a lot cheaper or Madden 25 because of its up to date player roster and new features. I would get Madden 13 but the thing that's holding me back is the outdated player roster and coaches. I wanted to play an up to date Madden game where it has all the current players and coaches on their right teams. For example in Madden 13 I think Andy Reid, now the coach of the Chiefs, is still on the Eagles and some players who are on my favorite team, Cowboys, today aren't on there yet. Unless there's a way to do it like I used to back on Madden 2006 where I would create the new players and release the other players that aren't on the team anymore but then can you do the same for the coaches and just manually put them on the right teams? Or does EA provide some sort of update that takes care of all of that for you? (kinda doubt this...)

Right now at Gamestop a used copy of Madden 25 is around $55 still and I kind of don't want to spend that much money on a Madden game and Madden 13 is around $20 which I would be willing to spend. But again, if the extra $35 is worth it to get Madden 25 I'll just get that. Thanks.
    The thing with the FIFA, NHL, Madden series of games is that unlike other games you can't yearly be a year behind cause it actually removes quite a lot from the game. Its with most sports games besides the racing ones. I actually realised I was feeding EAs greed by giving them my money every year for something that was simply repackaged in a new packing with updated rosters and released to the masses. Very few changes have been made to games released in subsequent years. Often times you will have to wait 2-3 years before getting some significant improvements. I've quit buying Fifa for the last 3 years now. Most, well a vast and overwhelming majority only buy FIFA for its ultimate team these days.

I'd probably buy 15, wait a few years and pick up the game in 18 or something.