Deleted

getting into minecraft player made content...

I feel like I don't have quite enough direction in Minecraft. as with most open world games, If I don't have a goal to work towards, I just don't progress.

so I want to just put aside the survival and creative, and focus on some player made content. more precisely, I want to get into mods and adventure maps. I tried the technic mod, but has the same issue as with vanilla minecraft. but I now want to try some adventure maps. I vaguely recall a thread on this matter on here, but I can't find it anymore.

but anyway, what adventure maps would you recommend, and what websites are best for getting them in general? and how should I install them?

for mods: I read that I had to manually install them by putting them in some folder in my minecraft installation, but is there a tool that can just automate mod installation? and where should I get my mods?

Feed the Beast has "Challenge Maps" you can give a whirl.

Basically, you start on a single block of bedrock, with a chest that has (I think) 4 items in it. You're objective is to get to the Temple and complete all the goals listed.

It has a TON of mods and it auto installs. But just a warning: It is VERY time consuming.

Based on 1.4.7 Mods.

As for 1.6.4 adventure/challenge maps, there are a few. You might wanna check out Simon and Lewis on Youtube, they do some challenge maps sometimes.

For "auto installing" (which doesn't really exsist) you'd have to get Forge, which can install itself just on a clickety click. After that, it's just drag and drop mods into the "Mods" folder.