Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Millennía View Post
    Happy to see that GC recognises that the timers in challenge mode may not suit all players. I love challenging content but I am not a fan of the timer. I want the dungeon to be difficult because its difficult and not because I have to clear it in X time. I do miss Grim Batol and Stonecore pre nerf, they were really fun but I understand that they aren't suitable for LFD. Hoping they can find a way to have dungeons like that again in the future
    Agree completely. Sure, speed is one way to add challenge, but like you said.. I just prefer it to be more difficult.

    Heroic dungeons = LFR
    Challenge mode = Raiding

    It should require planning, teamwork, CC and doing mechanisms correctly.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkz View Post
    So, as hunter, our 1rst flex heirloom will be useless, since most of us don't have hunter alts Unless the heirloom would be an upgrade over current weapon.
    They are heirlooms for the NEXT expansion.. not for old content. They will scale up to level 100.

    Basically you will get your heirloom, but continue using your heroic SoO weapon this expansion.. Next expansion, maybe level 91 or 92, your heirloom weapon will be an upgrade over your SoO weapon and then you can use that heirloom all the way to 100. ( since the heirlooms scale to 100, it is a good bet the next expansion will take us to 100)

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    Agree completely. Sure, speed is one way to add challenge, but like you said.. I just prefer it to be more difficult.

    Heroic dungeons = LFR
    Challenge mode = Raiding

    It should require planning, teamwork, CC and doing mechanisms correctly.
    Let's just forget enrage timers and stacking mechanics are always there to avoid cheesing the fights...
    Time is always a big factor in challenging content, and a faster kill is always an easier kill. ALWAYS.
    'Monogamy'? Is that one of the ways people in Boringland bore each other?
    -Curvy

  3. #23
    Field Marshal Chaoss17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    France
    Posts
    95
    Haha, love how Blizzard reply about Flex raiders : "you're over thinking too much"
    Hahaha XD

  4. #24
    "Remember that the first one in each difficulty will be for your current loot spec, but after that they will be random."

    A big fuck you to dual wield classes.

    "Beginning today, October 15, players are able to get the original World of Warcraft, The Burning Crusade, Wrath of the Lich King, and Cataclysm for only $19.99 as part of the newly upgraded World of Warcraft package"

    What is the fucking point of that? They shut down raf.

    As for challenge modes. I'd prefer them to be harder with no time emphasis. Being forced to blaze through them is hugely annoying. I'd prefer tactics, cc, setting things up, no invis pots etc.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by siccora View Post
    dark legacy is a mad genius
    I concur, it's pretty clever.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by noskillz View Post
    Well there's no actual challenge in the challenge mode without the timer. I mean, go in without stomping everything, take your time to ress dead people,CC dangerous trash, wait for the healer to drink when oom, and you still get a silver medal easily.
    Same goes with proving gorunds, it's a joke if you have all the time in the world...
    I think you either forget or weren't around for TBC Heroic Dungeons. No timers, hard as hell, super fun. Every role had to take responsibility for their actions. As a DPS if you pulled aggro off the tank, you were one-shotted. You had to organize tactics for packs of trash, know which to CC and perfect the kill order. The slightest mistakes and your group wiped. Going into them, wipes were expected. I can't speak for other players, but I was hoping Challenge Modes were a return that kind of gameplay. The timer made it a zerg-fest instead.

  7. #27
    WoW + 3 expansions for 19 bucks. Now that's a deal

  8. #28
    That dark legacy is so clever, brilliant!

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by mber341 View Post
    I think you either forget or weren't around for TBC Heroic Dungeons. No timers, hard as hell, super fun. Every role had to take responsibility for their actions. As a DPS if you pulled aggro off the tank, you were one-shotted. You had to organize tactics for packs of trash, know which to CC and perfect the kill order. The slightest mistakes and your group wiped. Going into them, wipes were expected. I can't speak for other players, but I was hoping Challenge Modes were a return that kind of gameplay. The timer made it a zerg-fest instead.
    I'm pretty sure that if you give TBC style dungeons to the current playerbase you'll have a "OMG too eeez" fest on day 2.
    I'm not saying it was easy, I'm saying the game and the players are not the same anymore. TBC heroics were hard moslty because people needed to figure out how to use their class properly, and where the hard trashes were... and most of them had no clue.
    You can get the same exact feeling running a challenge with a group that has never done a challenge before. You won't even get a bronze on the first try.
    'Monogamy'? Is that one of the ways people in Boringland bore each other?
    -Curvy

  10. #30
    Mechagnome Tommys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    643
    Quote Originally Posted by noskillz View Post
    . TBC heroics were hard moslty because people needed to figure out how to use their class properly, and where the hard trashes were
    I agree. Sure TBC heroics were harder than the current ones, but not by a lot. Like ^ says a lot of it is just the player base is overall more skilled. My first heroics were as priest when I didn't know about spell ranks or mana efficiency at all. I was able to roll face heal my way through most of all of them.

  11. #31
    High Overlord Mazzic518's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    "Remember that the first one in each difficulty will be for your current loot spec, but after that they will be random."

    A big fuck you to dual wield classes.

    "Beginning today, October 15, players are able to get the original World of Warcraft, The Burning Crusade, Wrath of the Lich King, and Cataclysm for only $19.99 as part of the newly upgraded World of Warcraft package"

    What is the fucking point of that? They shut down raf.

    As for challenge modes. I'd prefer them to be harder with no time emphasis. Being forced to blaze through them is hugely annoying. I'd prefer tactics, cc, setting things up, no invis pots etc.
    You must be a lot of fun at parties Negative Nancy.

    Also come out of your cave much? See all the news about the new RAF mount?

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazzic518 View Post
    You must be a lot of fun at parties Negative Nancy.

    Also come out of your cave much? See all the news about the new RAF mount?
    The new RAF mount you can't get because the program has been shut down temporarily making this deal useless until it's back up? Yes I've seen it.

  13. #33
    Brewmaster Rhaide's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    KPAX
    Posts
    1,316
    Quote Originally Posted by Flame6 View Post
    I agree. Sure TBC heroics were harder than the current ones, but not by a lot. Like ^ says a lot of it is just the player base is overall more skilled. My first heroics were as priest when I didn't know about spell ranks or mana efficiency at all. I was able to roll face heal my way through most of all of them.
    Everyone is assuredly entitled to their opinion, and I respect yours. Mine however, is that you are objectively wrong. The mechanics of fights in dungeons nowadays are a joke. While many of them are far more complicated than ever before, the penalty for failing to perform that complicated mechanic is often negligible. Things rarely get more difficult than, 'dont stand in that bad stuff on the ground' 'kill those mobs when they spawn' as far as IMPORTANT mechanics go.

    Things WERE harder in TBC, it's not nostalgia (I actually think it was too hard at points), it's not a 'we are better at WoW now' thing. It's just fact. If you really played during TBC you remember Shattered Halls and how many groups never even finished it. Often a group would entirely break up and quit, that nearly NEVER happens in any dungeon now. How about Magister's Terrace? Until a week before Wrath hit, more groups couldn't get past the 'arena' boss than could, one mistake, one person not keeping their target CC'd or interrupting a heal could lose the fight entirely. The TK dungeons were tougher early on as well. Mists at no point ever offered the challenges that BC offered even late into the expansion. The difficulty scale for dungeons goes as follows (excluding vanilla because it went through too many changes to accurately gauge) from 1 (hardest) to 4 (easiest)

    1) TBC
    2) Cataclysm
    3) MoP
    4) Wrath

    This is dungeons only, raids are too varied as well to accurately depict, many expansions had raids that were a joke and raids that were insanely hard at points, so you'd have to go into the list further than just xpac.
    "When you do things right, people won't be sure you have done anything at all."

    -God (Futurama)

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    The new RAF mount you can't get because the program has been shut down temporarily making this deal useless until it's back up? Yes I've seen it.
    I can't believe someone managed to find a way to spin the Cataclysm thing negative.

  15. #35
    High Overlord OriginZero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    Agree completely. Sure, speed is one way to add challenge, but like you said.. I just prefer it to be more difficult.

    Heroic dungeons = LFR
    Challenge mode = Raiding

    It should require planning, teamwork, CC and doing mechanisms correctly.

    - - - Updated - - -



    They are heirlooms for the NEXT expansion.. not for old content. They will scale up to level 100.

    Basically you will get your heirloom, but continue using your heroic SoO weapon this expansion.. Next expansion, maybe level 91 or 92, your heirloom weapon will be an upgrade over your SoO weapon and then you can use that heirloom all the way to 100. ( since the heirlooms scale to 100, it is a good bet the next expansion will take us to 100)
    I agree, cheesing mechanics with pots remove the challenge for me. I refuse to do it until that's not a thing.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    The new RAF mount you can't get because the program has been shut down temporarily making this deal useless until it's back up? Yes I've seen it.
    yes temporarily is the key word here. it isnt gonna be gone for months with the way you seem to be whining.

  17. #37
    lol at tbc dungeons. they were great. mechanics were very unforgiving and it was not uncommon for people to die frequently during trash pulls and bosses that took multiple attempts.

    i think the closest thing we've come to TBC in terms of difficulty were the dungeons that started with cata (prior to extreme nerfing). even then, they weren't as difficult. tbc dungeons required concentration, timing, execution, good intuition/judgement and each of those had to be done reliably on every pull.

    i truly don't remember vanilla dungeons being very difficult. initially, some of them were buggy but you were able to put more than 5 people into regular 5 mans, so aside from mobs hitting you from underneath walls and things like that they weren't very difficult.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Flame6 View Post
    I agree. Sure TBC heroics were harder than the current ones, but not by a lot.
    I'd say only a handful of the TBC Heroics were actually geniunely hard. Some were pretty darn faceroll.

    Infact, the main reason Shattered Halls was hard was due to the large packs of trash and the 4 target limit on Thunderclap (since Warriors were the main tanking class then). Made holding aggro kinda hard. And double casters, but that's what CC was for.

    Bring a Paladin, problem solved. But good luck finding any since no-one wanted them for the majority of raids.

    Regardless, I'd like to see the timed element only apply to the bosses and not the trash in Challenge Modes. Maybe just give them brutal enrage timers? Then just get rid of those scoreboards because quite honestly who really cared about them after the first few weeks?

    I'm actually more interested in level scalling dungeons. Do any damn dungeon you want at a challenging difficulty.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by deceptacon1 View Post
    lol at tbc dungeons. they were great. mechanics were very unforgiving and it was not uncommon for people to die frequently during trash pulls and bosses that took multiple attempts.
    Overtuned, quite honestly. Some of those dungeons were more deadly then Karazhan before they were nerfed. I'm glad Blizzard refined their balancing skills.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    yes temporarily is the key word here. it isnt gonna be gone for months with the way you seem to be whining.
    Stating that something is useless is not whining. If you're going to speak English you might want to look up what the words mean.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by noskillz View Post
    I'm pretty sure that if you give TBC style dungeons to the current playerbase you'll have a "OMG too eeez" fest on day 2.
    I'm not saying it was easy, I'm saying the game and the players are not the same anymore. TBC heroics were hard moslty because people needed to figure out how to use their class properly, and where the hard trashes were... and most of them had no clue.
    You can get the same exact feeling running a challenge with a group that has never done a challenge before. You won't even get a bronze on the first try.
    I'm not so sure, I've NEVER seen any form of CC used at all in MoP Heroics, ever, in fact I don't think i've ever seen any sort of tactic used for anything or anywhere in Heroics, literal AoE and tunnel boss orgy.

    CC was needed in TBC heroics, when you had a mage in your party it was happy days.

    People get better over time yes, but the game has been made much easier by both dumbing down of some areas, and leveling the playing field in other areas such as raid wide buffs and party comp being meaningless and so on and so forth.

    I disagree that "People didn't know how to play their class properly" in TBC and it took them three more expansions until they finally worked out how to play their character, that's kind of ridiculous.

    It's hard to say, too many variables.

    "You won't even get a bronze on the first try." Good, a challenge shouldn't be one shot the first time.

    Decent deal on the battle chest, I'd possibly do it for RaF'ing myself if it wasn't currently shut.

    I love they added heirloom weapons for the "final" encounter, it's the literal answer to "All my epics get replaced with greens straight away!11", and I'm glad they aren't on LFR, a lot of people will end up with them regardless due to Flex over the coming months, ahh hurry Blizzcon.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •