Page 1 of 3
LastLast

SoO Raid Schedule, Cataclysm now part of Battle Chest, Flex Mechanics, DLC #411

Difficulty Discussion, Transmogrification and Legendaries (Part 2), RoS Skill Limit Will Remain at 6, Tyrael Fan Art

Hearthstone Beta Patch 3937

Siege of Orgrimmar Raid Schedule
    Don't forget that Siege of Orgrimmar Flex Wing 4 opens this week! The final Raid Finder wing will open next week.

With Garrosh being available on Flex, you can start trying for the Heirloom weapons. Remember that the first one in each difficulty will be for your current loot spec, but after that they will be random.

Level Type Spec Slot Name Modelviewer
    561One-handed AxePhysical DPSOne Hand Hellscream's Cleaver
    Modelviewer
    548One-handed AxePhysical DPSOne Hand Hellscream's Cleaver
    Modelviewer
    574One-handed AxePhysical DPSOne Hand Hellscream's Cleaver
    Modelviewer
    574Two-handed AxeMeleeTwo Hand Hellscream's Decapitator
    Modelviewer
    548Two-handed AxeMeleeTwo Hand Hellscream's Decapitator
    Modelviewer
    561Two-handed AxeMeleeTwo Hand Hellscream's Decapitator
    Modelviewer
    548BowPhysical DPSRanged Hellscream's Warbow
    Modelviewer
    561BowPhysical DPSRanged Hellscream's Warbow
    Modelviewer
    574BowPhysical DPSRanged Hellscream's Warbow
    Modelviewer
    548One-handed MaceSpell SpiritOne Hand Hellscream's Warmace
    Modelviewer
    561One-handed MaceSpell SpiritOne Hand Hellscream's Warmace
    Modelviewer
    574One-handed MaceSpell SpiritOne Hand Hellscream's Warmace
    Modelviewer
    574PolearmPhysical DPSTwo Hand Hellscream's Pig Sticker
    Modelviewer
    561PolearmPhysical DPSTwo Hand Hellscream's Pig Sticker
    Modelviewer
    548PolearmPhysical DPSTwo Hand Hellscream's Pig Sticker
    Modelviewer
    561One-handed SwordMeleeOne Hand Hellscream's Doomblade
    Modelviewer
    548One-handed SwordMeleeOne Hand Hellscream's Doomblade
    Modelviewer
    574One-handed SwordMeleeOne Hand Hellscream's Doomblade
    Modelviewer
    574StaffSpell DPSTwo Hand Hellscream's War Staff
    Modelviewer
    548StaffSpell DPSTwo Hand Hellscream's War Staff
    Modelviewer
    561StaffSpell DPSTwo Hand Hellscream's War Staff
    Modelviewer
    548DaggerPhysical DPSOne Hand Hellscream's Razor
    Modelviewer
    561DaggerPhysical DPSOne Hand Hellscream's Razor
    Modelviewer
    574DaggerPhysical DPSOne Hand Hellscream's Razor
    Modelviewer

A New Age Has Begun—World of Warcraft Now Includes Cataclysm
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Deathwing has been unleashed! Beginning today, October 15, players are able to get the original World of Warcraft, The Burning Crusade, Wrath of the Lich King, and Cataclysm for only $19.99 as part of the newly upgraded World of Warcraft package (formerly known as the Battle Chest). In addition, all World of Warcraft subscribers now automatically have access to all of the content and features of these expansions at no additional cost.

With these changes, we’re making it easier than ever for new players to begin their epic adventures in Azeroth and join in on the fun.

The new retail edition of World of Warcraft will start hitting store shelves soon, but you can purchase the digital version now.

Upcoming "The Crowd Chose You" Change and Stealth
    Quick update: several of you have expressed a concern about stealth teams staying hidden until late in the game, when Dampening starts to stack. This would require them to grab Shadow Sight orbs as much as possible, which would be tricky but is actually possible (particularly with mechanics like Vanish).

We're not totally sure it would be a problem, as it would require quite a bit of skill and more than a little luck to pull off, but we do see the concern and want to avoid promoting that sort of behavior. So, when the Dampening change goes in, we'll also be changing the Shadow Sight debuff to prevent the player who picks up the orb from using stealth mechanics while it's active. That will also include abilities like Vanish or Shadowmeld.

Mechanic Scaling in Flex Raids
    Does your Flex group try to keep a certain size to avoid some mechanics? Let us know your group's magic number in the comments!
    Some people have worked out that there are specific break points for specific mechanics of some bosses that change the makeup of the fight. It isn't consistent though from boss to boss, and so no there's no magic number.

Ultimately if you're trying to min/max Flex by not inviting more people that want to go and who would help build a successful team, you're overthinking it.

So if you're trying to maximize your game time by minimizing your time spent in a flex raid that's overthinking it? How do you feel about the rest of theorycrafting?
    Some people are going to try to min/max everything because they find efficiency fun. But the intent of Flex is to offer a low stress option for guilds and friends to progress through content without rigid requirements to show up/sit out to maintain a number of participants. Similarly we like that people can PUG it and find some success in a managed group setting. Feel free to ignore the intent of the feature, but my response is still going to be that limiting yourself to some specific number of people is not required to have a successful run, and can be detrimental to the types of people and raid groups that the feature is directly intended for.

If a raid leader is attempting to build a rigid group to attempt Flex and is telling members of his own 25 Normal team to sit out because some lower number is optimal, that person is overthinking it. If someone is building a Flex PUG and is turning down skilled and geared players because of an optimal number he read somewhere, he's overthinking it. It's Flex, let's not pretend you're world first raiding here.

Right now there are some assumptions being made about mechanical breakpoints in Flex, but there are also some valid concerns. The orbs on Norushen for example may need tweaking.

What would be super helpful is if people have examples of breakpoints they think limit them to having a certain number of people, and what those are. It's in everyone's best interests to be able to invite whoever they want, and not feel like they're limited to some number because of mechanic scaling.

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Flex Raiding
    Greg, any thoughts on making Flex loot tradeable in guild groups? Got a few items I wish had gone elsewhere. Thanks!
    that is an utterly fascinating technical problem
    We have a long-term solution we like. Just need to see if we can get it built. (Source)

What is the reason that Flex raids have their own ilvl and difficulty? It increases ilvl bloat and feels unfair.
    Unfair to whom? LFR players? It is much harder than LFR (minus the social issues). (Source)

now apparently it's more popular than normal what happened?
    My hunch is it roped in a lot of groups that were doing LFR but not enjoying it, or maybe folks that had given up raiding. (Source)

What's the min ilvl and max for Flex ? Because I always see people asking for 525+ ilvl.
    There is no min or max level, but in my experience, true pugs are ridiculously wary of failure. (Source)

PvE
    Overall, how happy are you guys with Challenge Modes? Anything you'd have done differently, or maybe add more 5mans?
    Very happy overall. One change we would make is that you don't get the best rewards unless you beat all of them. (Source)
    That decision made sense since the armor is kind of goofy to wear piecemeal, but the feeling still persists. (Source)
    We also understand that it doesn't scratch the challenging heroic itch for all players because of the speed emphasis. (Source)

Dark Legacy Comics #411
    DLC #411 has been releaed!

Last edited by chaud; 2013-10-16 at 04:52 AM.

Did Garrosh flex today, and he is very well tuned imo. We aren't super geared, and still had to work a bit for the kill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Will the Heirloom Weapons be automatically assigned like LFR and Flex loot? Can you bonus-roll them?

Quote Originally Posted by Emerelle View Post
    Will the Heirloom Weapons be automatically assigned like LFR and Flex loot? Can you bonus-roll them?
    I thought there was no LFR version of those BoA weapons? Only Flex, Reg and Heroic?

Yes, it is automatically assigned to you.
    I am not sure if you can bonus roll it or not.

Yeah, they are personal loot.

Honestly I'd prefer challenge modes to be more of a CHALLENGE mode like an instance or small 5 man raid or something to test a group of 5 people. Just a higher tier of Heroic dungeons for those who still want that itch scratched cause I know I miss it. "Tabards" *cough*

Happy to see that GC recognises that the timers in challenge mode may not suit all players. I love challenging content but I am not a fan of the timer. I want the dungeon to be difficult because its difficult and not because I have to clear it in X time. I do miss Grim Batol and Stonecore pre nerf, they were really fun but I understand that they aren't suitable for LFD. Hoping they can find a way to have dungeons like that again in the future

Finaly 20$ to start wow account plus time card its OK now.

don't be so naive those heirlooms have like 1-5% chance drop
    even on our 25man kills only 1 person getting weapon
    you can't coin them, plus be sure to change your loot specialization before kill or you could get 1 for you offspec and then never see another for main

Deleted
    Deathwing has been unleashed! Beginning today, October 15, players are able to get the original World of Warcraft, The Burning Crusade, Wrath of the Lich King, and Cataclysm for only $19.99 as part of the newly upgraded World of Warcraft package (formerly known as the Battle Chest). In addition, all World of Warcraft subscribers now automatically have access to all of the content and features of these expansions at no additional cost.

With these changes, we’re making it easier than ever for new players to begin their epic adventures in Azeroth and join in on the fun.

The new retail edition of World of Warcraft will start hitting store shelves soon, but you can purchase the digital version now.

say hello to Recrut A Friend LEVEL 85!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deleted
    So, as hunter, our 1rst flex heirloom will be useless, since most of us don't have hunter alts Unless the heirloom would be an upgrade over current weapon.

dark legacy is a mad genius

Quote Originally Posted by Tarx View Post
    Finaly 20$ to start wow account plus time card its OK now.
    All they need to do now is let trials go higher than 20, say 60.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Quote Originally Posted by Millennía View Post
    Happy to see that GC recognises that the timers in challenge mode may not suit all players. I love challenging content but I am not a fan of the timer. I want the dungeon to be difficult because its difficult and not because I have to clear it in X time. I do miss Grim Batol and Stonecore pre nerf, they were really fun but I understand that they aren't suitable for LFD. Hoping they can find a way to have dungeons like that again in the future
    Yeah, I remember a terrible group I ran with in Grim Batol. Think it took over an hour to clear the place. Still, I prefer stuff like that over the easier alternatives.

Wow... If only I knew about cataclysm becoming a part of the battle chest before I bought two of them last month

Quote Originally Posted by Millennía View Post
    I would have loved Challenge Mode if they didn't have the timer. Doing challenging content and getting a cool reward is fun, but not so much when you also have to try to cheese as much as possible to beat it in under 15 minutes or whatever the cutoff is. I think CMs would be more popular overall if it was just like.. clear 50% of them = mount, clear 100% = armor, no timer involved (but maybe still track the time for leaderboards and the like). As it stands I have never seen anyone on my server look for them, and it seems that half the groups I've seen that cleared included people from other realms.

Hopefully they keep the idea but remove the timed run in the future.

Deleted
    Well there's no actual challenge in the challenge mode without the timer. I mean, go in without stomping everything, take your time to ress dead people,CC dangerous trash, wait for the healer to drink when oom, and you still get a silver medal easily.
    Same goes with proving gorunds, it's a joke if you have all the time in the world...

Quote Originally Posted by moveth View Post
    Did Garrosh flex today, and he is very well tuned imo. We aren't super geared, and still had to work a bit for the kill.
    whats the chance of getting that weapon moveth?

Quote Originally Posted by ziv0rk View Post
    Wow... If only I knew about cataclysm becoming a part of the battle chest before I bought two of them last month
    try contacting blizzard customer support, they have been known to give compensation for people who did this.