What is everyones position on police officers who break the law.

Do you think that a good amount of cops break the law daily? Do you think they see nothing wrong with it. Do you think they get away with it, and if so why? Can you trust cops? Do cops lie? Do you think many police bully or threaten? Do you think complaints against officers often get ignored? Do you think police protect their own? Do you think police sometimes harass citizens that filed complaints against them? Do you feel that it's right or wrong that officers may get pressed by superiors to meet fine or arrest quotas? Do you feel that it's right that taxes pay to employ officers, when the police dept gets ran more like a business than it does a way to provide community safety.

How should such issues be addressed? Harsher punishments towards these cops? Actually pursuit in prosecuting such crimes?

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bad_Cop_No_D...aking_the_law/ - http://www.copblock.org/38753/abc-ne...aking-the-law/

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/co..._get_an_extra/

Perhaps make police officers wear cameras?

''Today I learned that in some cities police officers were required to wear a camera in order to document their interactions with civilians. In these areas, public complaints against officers dropped by 88%''

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/07/bu...nted=all&_r=1&

Please, you don't need to answer them all. Just give me your opinion on the subject matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, look, it's another cop thread. *sigh*
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

People are people. There's good ones and bad ones, regardless of their profession.

Wow, OP, that opening paragraph... Seriously, I thought you were going to end it with an advertisement for robot police officers, "Are you tired of random and illogical decision making by humans? Then perhaps you're ready for the next step in law enforcement. RoboJudgeDread! available now from Haliburton.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmagheden View Post
    Do you think that a good amount of cops break the law daily? Do you think they see nothing wrong with it. Do you think they get away with it, and if so why? Can you trust cops? Do cops lie? Do you think many police bully or threaten? Do you think complaints against officers often get ignored? Do you think police protect their own? Do you think police sometimes harass citizens that filed complaints against them? Do you feel that it's right or wrong that officers may get pressed by superiors to meet fine or arrest quotas? Do you feel that it's right that taxes pay to employ officers, when the police dept gets ran more like a business than it does a way to provide community safety.
    Sorry, are you actually asking, or is this just another "teh polize is bad!!1!!" thread?

Anyhow: No, No, Mostly No, Yes, Rarely in service, No, Not often, Depends, No, Wrong but that doesn't happen here, No but that doesn't happen here either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Many do, but far more don't. Some are trigger happy, most never fire a single shot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes the police in the US do break the law they do it allot. But no one focus on the good cops.

Also do not post two threads because your trying to get a point out

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it amazing how these threads aren't locked yet. One, duplicate threads, which is sad, cause the OP wants a lot of attention apparently and wants to prove a point. And two, lets be honest here, the point of these threads is to bash cops because they're all evil and corrupt sons of bitches apparently.

I love the moderators on MMO-C. Religious threads get locked as soon as they appear, and threads like these go on forever.
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

Deleted
    Another police brutality thread? Just make the wearing of cop cams compulsory, that will see off most corruption and accusations on both sides.

10+ Year Old Account
    We've got a duplicate of this thread here, so I'm going to shut this one down, as it has fewer posts.