Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think cops are human.

Some suck. Some are good. Those who break the law should be punished accordingly and those who are good should not be dragged down by those who are bad.

The "cops are pigs" motif on this forum gets tiring, fast.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I didn't draw any connection between their status as government employees and the idea of quotas.

Some police bully and harass people. Not all do.
    I never said all police do.

Taxes pay to employ them. If they have quotas, it's to make money, it's to keep their budget or enable them to get a larger budget. It's being ran like a business. It isn't supposed to be like this. They are supposed to be working for the people. To protect and to serve. As public servants. Rather than trying to get money out of them via quotas.
    Last edited by Evelyn; 2013-10-16 at 07:16 PM.

Deleted
    Police are not above anyone else. If they do something illegal they should be punished just like everyone else. Sadly, way too many police officers get away with murder and severe police brutality.
    Last edited by mmoc18049c7cff; 2013-10-27 at 07:30 AM.

cops fucking hate cameras and with good reason. I follow a column on Vice that spells out every horrid thing cops have done this week and big stories involving cops. there are more then a trending number of cases where cops have said one thing and then there happens to be video evidence that says the opposite. IDK I think most if not all cops are scum as it is, anything to tighten the leashes on them is a plus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    cops fucking hate cameras and with good reason. I follow a column on Vice that spells out every horrid thing cops have done this week and big stories involving cops. there are more then a trending number of cases where cops have said one thing and then there happens to be video evidence that says the opposite. IDK I think most if not all cops are scum as it is, anything to tighten the leashes on them is a plus.
    Yeah, most of them are scums sadly. It's hard to find actual good cops with the right intentions nowadays. Too many just wanna be a cop so they can abuse their "power".

Police are human beings as well. I might trust a police officer more than a random stranger, but not by much. There are good cops, bad cops, and everything in between just like normal people.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

10+ Year Old Account
    If you break the law you are assessed the appropriate punishment. I don't understand how being an officer changes this.

There will always be a few bad eggs in every basket, but for the most part I trust and respect police, enough that I would like to be one myself.

For the ones that do break the law though, they should be treated like anyone else who does.

Deleted
    Do you feel that it's right or wrong that officers may get pressed by superiors to meet fine or arrest quotas?
    Ofc it's wrong, but people don't want to vote for politicians that want to raise taxes, so the politicians tell the cops that they can get fired or issue more fines.

Do you feel that it's right that taxes pay to employ officers, when the police dept gets ran more like a business than it does a way to provide community safety?
    It's the way the system works. The alternative is to the strip the police force down to nothing. I certainly prefer the model with loads of fines over the less police alternative.

Cameras on police officers sound like a good idea. As long as it's durable and cheap!
    Last edited by mmocff76f9a79b; 2013-10-27 at 08:45 AM.

Deleted
    The USA should follow suit.

Police in England and Wales are to hold large-scale trials of body-worn video cameras for all officers on patrol.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24662243

10+ Year Old Account
    depending on country peoples positions will change, either standing up in court in a lawsuit, or on their hands and knees in a cell.

while both are extremes, i'd personally make a fuss and try to get them at the least suspended w/o pay for a while.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.