Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Anyone Feel the Hierloom Items from Garrosh are way to rare?

Yah I get it they are supposed to be special but I mean come on.... 1% drop rates or less?

at those odds you could be farming garrosh for month and months and not see a single heirloom...

I understand the carrot on a stick but at some point the carrot dangles way to far to even see it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it actually 1%? Suprises me.

Deleted
    No, OP is assuming that the droprate is 1% or less.. on my server ive seen multiple people with them so I guess its not 1% hehe

5 kills in 10M = 1 drop from coin for entire group.

Quote Originally Posted by Aspectus View Post
    No, OP is assuming that the droprate is 1% or less.. on my server ive seen multiple people with them so I guess its not 1% hehe
    Perhaps he is using wowhead info
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=71865#drops:50-17+1

Ive done Garrosh 4 times on 3 chars, noone won an heirloom.. so 0/100 from my observations, not including bonus rolls.

edit. apparently you cant get them from bonus coins. didnt know that. thanks.
    Last edited by Tehgypsy; 2013-10-16 at 10:18 AM. Reason: added edit

15+ Year Old Account
    Chance does indeed seem to be really low, based on anecdotal evidence that is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehgypsy View Post
    Perhaps he is using wowhead info
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=71865#drops:50-17+1

Ive done Garrosh 4 times on 3 chars, noone won an heirloom.. so 0/100 from my observations, not including bonus rolls.
    Ah seems they are rare drops then. Idk, I think I am okay with that. Seems a little overkill though.

Deleted
    How else do they keep us motivated to farm for months :P

Edit: 1 in 2 kills (10 man)

You can't coin the heirlooms afaik, our 25man got 3 last night. Think I read the droprate to be 5% but not sure. The weps should be considered bonus anyways.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

2 dropped in our 10 man last week. Both were standard drops, none from coins.

10+ Year Old Account
    5 last week, 1 the week before that. So.. 1% seems a little low. That's in 25man btw.

Deleted
    Our 25man guild has killed Garrosh 4 times now. 1st time we got 2 weapons, 2nd time 4 and haven't got a single weapon after that. So for us it's like 6/100=6% drop chance.

Deleted
    Rare? Man, you'll be farming that bastard for the next 9 months AT THE VERY LEAST, more likely 10-12. You'll get 2 of everything, for every alt ever created and then some.

Deleted
    1 or 2 of our 10 man team has 1 each.

1 has 3! (3 in a row as well from the last 3 resets).

The rest have 0 we've been killing Garrosh since week 1 - they don't seem too bad but they could have maybe done it another way - Loot 1 coin a week from Garrosh turn in 5 for an heirloom etc.

Deleted
    10 garrosh kills 0 drops

At this rate I have a better chance of getting the heroic WF weapon before I get any looms.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    Rare? Man, you'll be farming that bastard for the next 9 months AT THE VERY LEAST, more likely 10-12. You'll get 2 of everything, for every alt ever created and then some.
    Hilarious how people still think MoP will go on for around a year... its really not

Quote Originally Posted by T Man View Post
    10 garrosh kills 0 drops

At this rate I have a better chance of getting the heroic WF weapon before I get any looms.
    Probably...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aspectus View Post
    Hilarious how people still think MoP will go on for around a year... its really not
    We have exactly zero credible info about the release date of next xpac, and previous final tiers ran for almost a year each, so... yeah.

I thought that from the one Blizzard post that they would always drop the first one that is for your current spec and then a random one after. So not only that but they are also chance drops =/
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

Deleted
    We have over 6 months left until the next expansion, plenty of time to obtain one for your main and a couple for your alts. Especially since you have two chances a week, one in flex and one in normal/heroic.

Also the numbers on WoWhead shouldn't be trusted yet, 430 kills isn't even close to a large enough number to get a good estimation of what the drop-rate is.