Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Blizzard deserves so much praise for how they introduced the Pandaren race.

I can say that the Pandaren race has a strong foothold in Azeroth.
    They explained the history of the Pandare race through gameplay much better than they did with the Draenei, Goblin and Worgen race.
    And in my opinion, it was a really mature story that was being told to us. I'm so happy with the Pandaren, it's one of my favorite race.

You are a very happy person.
    Free-To-Play is the future.

I agree. Blizz did a superb job with pandaren, lore wise, visually, class, etc. Them being neutral really helped Blizz to make them a lot better than if they did 2 different races. I hope they continue doing this in the future. But, ya. Love pandaren to.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnome View Post
    They explained the history of the Pandare race through gameplay much better than they did with the Draenei, Goblin and Worgen race.
    And in my opinion, it was a really mature story that was being told to us. I'm so happy with the Pandaren, it's one of my favorite race.
    What was wrong with how they introduced the Draenei?

Quote Originally Posted by Cows For Life View Post
    "Hai guys, we crash landed on this planet. Oh? You're in a war? What a coincidence, we're barely alive from a war we're in. Oh? You need help? Sure, we have no resources and most of our people are dead, but sure."

Deleted
    Even though they were introduced well and they've been made to look amazing compared to all the other races, it still doesn't change the fact that I don't really "feel" them. If something is made really well, it doesn't always mean everyone must like them. I'm not saying you feel like everyone should, this is just my 2 cents.

Deleted
    Pandaren monk <--- my new main. Love em.

Quote Originally Posted by Hallufauz View Post
    Even though they were introduced well and they've been made to look amazing compared to all the other races, it still doesn't change the fact that I don't really "feel" them. If something is made really well, it doesn't always mean everyone must like them. I'm not saying you feel like everyone should, this is just my 2 cents.
    I don't feel most of the races.

It's all about them orcs and humans. Maybe trolls.

Deleted
    "hey guys we are from old forgotten land that was covered with the mist for last 1000 years! come and explore our land!" and "half of our academy that is on giant turtle-island joins Horde and other half joins Alliance"
    its just the mix of Dreanei space crash and reopening of Gilneas.

and I wonder how they will develop Pandaren story in next expansions or they will just abandon it like Dreanei story.

Deleted
    here's some pandas, they were hiding behind mist, deal with it nerds

that's how they were introduced

Quote Originally Posted by bach0r View Post
    "hey guys we are from old forgotten land that was covered with the mist for last 1000 years! come and explore our land!" and "half of our academy that is on giant turtle-island joins Horde and other half joins Alliance"
    After Liu Lang died, Shen-zin Su didn't visit Pandaria anymore, so the current generation of Pandaren on Shen-zin Su have never been to Pandaria.

The biggest problem I have with the portrayal of Pandaren in this expansion is that the Pandaren you play, and the Pandaren who are the main focus of the sotry lines are two entirely different people. Once you do the quests that get the Tushui and Huojin into their respective factions, you literally never hear from them again until a five-second scene in SoO. They might as well be a seperate race from the Pandaria Pandaren.

Same with the Draenei: the Draenei from Outland are no longer connected to the Draenei who fled with Velen in the Exodar, and the latter group is rarely if ever heard from during TBC (and not at all since). Worgen got next to no lore beyond their starting area (and the Undead quest chain *mutters*), but if they did, I wouldn't be surprised if it focused entirely on Druids of the Fang, instead of Gilneans.

I want more Huojin VS Tushui love. Enough of these mainland Pandalores. I want my Pandaren Disapora lore!

Deleted
    Probably worst race, worst introduction, worst expansion theme/lore.

But hey, atleast PVP is working somewhat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blimey View Post
    here's some pandas, they were hiding behind mist, deal with it nerds

that's how they were introduced
    There was a lot more to it than that. There's a lot more backstory to be found ingame, and it's amazing if you're into lore. If you're not you're probably in the wrong thread.

i DISAGGREE

panadas mogu and asien culture made me quit

Deleted
    They were introduced very well. I like the story and the hidden lore/threads around Azeroth. I wish Draenei got the same attention because they got so much potential lorewise.

Still, if next expansion you never heard from them, and no new panda npcs showed up, I don't think people would notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Cows For Life View Post
    I still remember Metzen's apology for fucking up the introduction of Draenei. I wonder if it's still around somewhere.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GameFreakRPG View Post
    There was a lot more to it than that. There's a lot more backstory to be found ingame, and it's amazing if you're into lore. If you're not you're probably in the wrong thread.
    Lore enough, just really shitty lore. Atleast for WoW.