Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ...
6
14
15
16
17
LastLast
  1. #301
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladzins View Post
    Agree.. pandas already feels wrong..

    horde should have ogres, alliance pandas..
    but that's not going to happen, we' re not getting new races, we're getting sub races. and as for this WoW is "humans vs orcs so we can't have playable humans", that's really dumb thing to say if you knew warcraft lore. Having humans on the horde never changed that when alterac sided with teh horde in wc2 and when the forsaken joined the horde in WoW, why on azeroth would it change if you got to play some of those forsaken as living instead of dead.. answer = it won't/ Humans have been in the horde in one form or another sicne WC2, allowing you to play breathing version won't change anything about the core, but it would really make the horde more popular naturally.

    Pandas is a different thing altogether, forsaekn living humans feels as wrong as forsaken do on the horde, no different, because they're the same people, it's all in your mind..but if you still feel wrong about it, that's hwo you feel.

    even to this day many people feel wrong about blood elves being on the horde, but they play those very blood elves. Afterall people are use to doing what feels wrong anyway, no questions asked.
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2013-11-03 at 12:00 PM.

  2. #302
    Brewmaster Anium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    Posts
    1,455
    WOULD THIS MEAN WE GET FREE TRINKET???? WOOT

    but seriously would hate that if it ever happened.

  3. #303
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Northern Ireland , UK
    Posts
    216
    maybe like vampries in some movies , they look human and have no undead bits hanging off them . that's the only way that I could see that alive humans could still be considered forsaken so be in the horde. saying that dark iron dwarfs should also get to join the horde as well as dark elves hehe , but what would the alliance get in return , I dunno.

  4. #304
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizo View Post
    maybe like vampries in some movies , they look human and have no undead bits hanging off them . that's the only way that I could see that alive humans could still be considered forsaken so be in the horde. saying that dark iron dwarfs should also get to join the horde as well as dark elves hehe , but what would the alliance get in return , I dunno.
    I like the idea of a vampire like su-theme to them, I know Raven proposed this earlier as one for the possibliites, so you get very human looking, like they're alive, but they're not really or as you say alive, but with some defects.

    I think using blood elf models instead of alliance human models would be sufficient to give them a distinctive look, the idea of adding rot of some sort would have only been to distinguish them from the alliance models if they used those models for them.

    Players won't really care, to them what would matter is whether they can play human or not, they wouldn't mind if horde humans looked different from alliance humans, they're attracted to playing humans, they identify with them more.

  5. #305
    The Patient Disreali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Kitchener-Waterloo, ON, Canada
    Posts
    221
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    but that's not going to happen, we' re not getting new races, we're getting sub races.
    How do you know that?
    Protip: Don't confuse your bad fan theory with what Blizzard's actually going to do.

  6. #306
    Epic! Miuku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    European Union
    Posts
    1,643
    Quote Originally Posted by Disreali View Post
    Protip: Don't confuse your bad fan theory with what Blizzard's actually going to do.
    Looking at the last few years, I don't think even Blizzard knows what Blizzard is doing.
    :: We are cows - proud and true. Come on Tauren - Moo Moo Moo!

  7. #307
    The Patient Disreali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Kitchener-Waterloo, ON, Canada
    Posts
    221
    Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    Looking at the last few years, I don't think even Blizzard knows what Blizzard is doing.
    That's fair enough
    Still, this guy's going off about us getting sub races like it's guaranteed when we've yet to see a single thing indicating that's the direction Blizz is going in.

    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    and as for this WoW is "humans vs orcs so we can't have playable humans", that's really dumb thing to say if you knew warcraft lore.
    No, it's not. What's dumb is to suggest that the central Alliance race become playable for the Horde. Are we going to open orcs up the Alliance next?

    Having humans on the horde never changed that when alterac sided with teh horde in wc2...Humans have been in the horde in one form or another sicne WC2, allowing you to play breathing version won't change anything about the core...
    Um...Alterac was destroyed precisely because it betrayed the Alliance and sided with the Horde. Not exactly a strong precedent for playable Horde humans, Sparky.

    and when the forsaken joined the horde in WoW, why on azeroth would it change if you got to play some of those forsaken as living instead of dead.. answer = it won't/
    It's established that Lordaeron humans who survived the Scourge invasion either remained loyal to the Alliance or joined the Scarlet Crusade. Neither faction being friendly towards the Horde. The Forsaken didn't even join the Horde out of any love towards it. It was purely an alliance of convenience.

    even to this day many people feel wrong about blood elves being on the horde, but they play those very blood elves. Afterall people are use to doing what feels wrong anyway, no questions asked.
    To the bolded part. No. Not really.
    To the rest of it, I'd guess that the majority of Horde players who had a real problem with blood elves in the Horde never really got around to seriously playing one. True, lots of Horde players do play them, but your logic of "people who don't like things will do them anyway" is so flawed it's laughable. And I'll promise you that more people would dislike playable Horde humans then they did playable Horde elves.

    but it would really make the horde more popular naturally.
    Seriously dude? The Horde's pretty popular as is. At least half the player base plays it (which is as popular as any side should be in a faction-based MMORPG). I'd dare say that among end-game players the Horde's even a bit more popular then the Alliance. Why do you feel the Horde needs to be made more popular? It's extremely popular without humans.

    In short, No. No humans in the Horde please. It's a terrible idea. I'm not one of those people to say "IF BLIZZARD DOES X THE GAME WILL BE RUINED FOREVER" about every little thing, but this is one instance where I'll take that stand. Adding humans to the Horde will ruin the game forever.
    Last edited by Disreali; 2013-11-03 at 01:54 PM.

  8. #308
    @ravenmoon
    It just feels wrong, just like Pandas do already.

  9. #309
    Warchief Sand Person's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Tatooine (Outside Mos Eisley)
    Posts
    2,012
    zombie humans > living humans

  10. #310
    Sorry if you didn't notice. The playable Forsaken are already undead humans.

  11. #311
    Herald of the Titans Mighty Blue Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,657
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    How will you feel about playing this kind of human on the horde, how do you feel it will affect the game?
    It's about as pointless as having more elves on Alliance side. No thank you.

    Arakkoa ftw!

  12. #312
    Quote Originally Posted by Digory Kirke View Post
    Sorry if you didn't notice. The playable Forsaken are already undead humans.
    And that's how it should remain.

  13. #313
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    and if you didn't realize, yesterdays fanfic writers are todays creative development writers.
    Unless they end up in a gutter. Then we call them crazies.
    The common man is like a worm in the gut of a corpse, trapped inside a prison of cold flesh, helpless and uncaring, unaware even of the inevitability of its own doom.

  14. #314
    Quote Originally Posted by Disreali View Post
    That's fair enough
    Still, this guy's going off about us getting sub races like it's guaranteed when we've yet to see a single thing indicating that's the direction Blizz is going in.


    No, it's not. What's dumb is to suggest that the central Alliance race become playable for the Horde. Are we going to open orcs up the Alliance next?


    Um...Alterac was destroyed precisely because it betrayed the Alliance and sided with the Horde. Not exactly a strong precedent for playable Horde humans, Sparky.


    It's established that Lordaeron humans who survived the Scourge invasion either remained loyal to the Alliance or joined the Scarlet Crusade. Neither faction being friendly towards the Horde. The Forsaken didn't even join the Horde out of any love towards it. It was purely an alliance of convenience.


    To the bolded part. No. Not really.
    To the rest of it, I'd guess that the majority of Horde players who had a real problem with blood elves in the Horde never really got around to seriously playing one. True, lots of Horde players do play them, but your logic of "people who don't like things will do them anyway" is so flawed it's laughable. And I'll promise you that more people would dislike playable Horde humans then they did playable Horde elves.


    Seriously dude? The Horde's pretty popular as is. At least half the player base plays it (which is as popular as any side should be in a faction-based MMORPG). I'd dare say that among end-game players the Horde's even a bit more popular then the Alliance. Why do you feel the Horde needs to be made more popular? It's extremely popular without humans.

    In short, No. No humans in the Horde please. It's a terrible idea. I'm not one of those people to say "IF BLIZZARD DOES X THE GAME WILL BE RUINED FOREVER" about every little thing, but this is one instance where I'll take that stand. Adding humans to the Horde will ruin the game forever.
    Disraeli, humans are already on the horde, and have played a part in the horde before, so playable living versions won't ruin the game, at all, lol.. like telling a developer they can't do what they want to their own product (when you phrase it like that)... if alterac siding with the horde in warcraft 2 didn't ruin it for you and forsaken joining the horde didn't ruin it for you, I cannot fathom how this would ruin it for you.

    you just don't like the idea, if it happened you'd bitch about it, but you won't stop playing, especially with the new TBC themed Warrriors of Draenor expansion, you'd possibly just ignore this sub-race or roll them for their emfh racial
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2013-11-03 at 03:16 PM.

  15. #315
    I think it's a bad idea to make current faction races cross faction, I'd rather keep faction identities distinct.

  16. #316
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    I think it's a bad idea to make current faction races cross faction, I'd rather keep faction identities distinct.
    I think the point is that this isn't new. Panderans were cross faction race, but forsaken have always been on the horde, and humans have played a role in the horde from as early as WC2, you'd be correct if we were to have night elves on the horde, or orcs on the alliance, or in fact almost any other race apart from humans, pandas and blood elves - because those are already there

  17. #317
    The Patient Disreali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Kitchener-Waterloo, ON, Canada
    Posts
    221
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    I think the point is that this isn't new. Panderans were cross faction race, but forsaken have always been on the horde, and humans have played a role in the horde from as early as WC2...
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Disraeli, humans are already on the horde, and have played a part in the horde before... if alterac siding with the horde in warcraft 2 didn't ruin it for you...
    You two need to lay off the "ALTERAC SIDES WITH THE HORDE THEREFORE HUMANS IN THE HORDE MAKE SENSE" nonsense. Alterac was destroyed because of its decision to align with the Horde. That does not, I repeat, does not, set a precedent for playable humans in the Horde today.

    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    and forsaken joining the horde didn't ruin it for you...
    All of humanity declared war on the Forsaken the moment they became Undead. They're mostly undead humans, yes, but humanity itself has rejected them and would move against them to annihilate them if not for their alliance of convenience with the Horde. Zombie humans in the Horde? That's fine, that makes sense. Live humans in the Horde? No.

    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    you just don't like the idea...
    You're right, I don't. And your original post asked posters if they liked the idea. I'm responding by saying I don't like it. If you can't handle that then you shouldn't have asked the question on a public forum.

    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    you'd possibly just ignore this sub-race or roll them for their emfh racial
    Why do you keep assuming sub-races will be implemented in the next expansion? There's been nothing aside from fanboy conjecture pointing towards that as a possibility.
    And no, I wouldn't play a Horde human to get the racial. I have a human Paladin I use if I want to use that racial. I don't need one on the Horde side of things to get one. That's part of the game you know. You have to balance what you want- lore, character design, racial abilities, when choosing a faction. If you want EMFH you roll Alliance. If you want Warstomp you roll Horde. Simple as that.

    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    if it happened you'd bitch about it, but you won't stop playing, especially with the new TBC themed Warrriors of Draenor expansion...
    You can quote me on this, and you can hold me to this. I will quit WoW and never look back if they introduce live humans as a playable Horde race. I pay for the game via subscription cards anyway, and my current sub runs out in the middle of November. So I won't even have to wait that long to quit if this stupid idea is actually announced at BlizzCon (though I'm betting it won't be).

    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    I think the point is that this isn't new. Panderans were cross faction race, but forsaken have always been on the horde, and humans have played a role in the horde from as early as WC2, you'd be correct if we were to have night elves on the horde, or orcs on the alliance, or in fact almost any other race apart from humans, pandas and blood elves - because those are already there
    Ah, I see. So it's just fine to give the Horde the Alliance's most iconic race, but it would be a bad idea to give the Alliance the Horde's most iconic race. Gotcha. Doublethink sure is fun!

  18. #318
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    I think the point is that this isn't new. Panderans were cross faction race, but forsaken have always been on the horde, and humans have played a role in the horde from as early as WC2, you'd be correct if we were to have night elves on the horde, or orcs on the alliance, or in fact almost any other race apart from humans, pandas and blood elves - because those are already there
    That relationship consisted of Perenolde saying to Doomhammer 'we'll let you through our mountain passes to attack Lordaeron if you leave our kingdom alone.' Hardly a precedent for humans joining the Horde, especially considering the current state of Alterac, and the Syndicate being hostile to the orcs and forsaken.

  19. #319
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    That relationship consisted of Perenolde saying to Doomhammer 'we'll let you through our mountain passes to attack Lordaeron if you leave our kingdom alone.' Hardly a precedent for humans joining the Horde, especially considering the current state of Alterac, and the Syndicate being hostile to the orcs and forsaken.
    the point is it isn't new, nor is it foreign, it's always been around.. or do you think that living horde humans won't have a very compelling story behind their availability? The forsaken prove that you don't even have to have a good one, or did you see a book written on why the forsaken joined the horde or the night elves the alliance? It needed to happen, they wanted it to happen, they made it happen they gave a reason.

    The precedent isn't always the story, and the story can be written however you want, you just need to be very creative. They can introduce forsaken living humans in a way that would not ever make you think twice they had anything to do with the alliance or were connected in anyway.

    And for those who think that some undead coming living again is preposterous.. that's just plain hypocritical, because it isn't anymore preposterous than having a plague that causes a condition called undeath or being able to create fireballs in your hand and hurl them at people. It's fantasy for a reason, where's the limit?

  20. #320
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    The real reason behind this is because humans are far too popular & are the reason the alliance numbers keep beating the horde almost 60:40 people (esp new subs) keep picking humans despite all efforts made to make horde much more attractive.

    I laughed.
    Last edited by glycerethe; 2013-11-03 at 06:54 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •