Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
15
... LastLast
  1. #81
    The Lightbringer Zuben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3,096
    It's kind of cool to have a race from the enemy faction, I'd especially welcome Dark Irons or Eredar(redeemed or something) among our ranks. But I also like the differences between Horde and Alliance. Exchanging races would be a major step towards homogenization, which is dull in most concepts, so this isn't a decision to be made lightly.

    I wouldn't want humans in the Horde in any case.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

  2. #82
    But my undead character doesn't even have a jaw. Would that be cured too?

    In all seriousness, I wouldn't want humans on the horde. There's already enough mistrust. It would feel weird with humans fighting humans in WoW.

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post

    it would be me more like Orcs, Humans + Blood Elves .. anyway the only reason you're thinking of it like that is because you're thinking of alliance humans, , alliance humans won't join the horde, forsaken humans on the other hand will remain in the hordeeven after becoming living again, see the difference? ANd oas others have pointed out, forsaken don't have to be the only source of living humans, altho I think they would make a really strong source.
    nah, I just like the old convention of the Horde known from WC RTS. Forsaken are the cool addition and fits to ugly Horde and BElfs are cool Alliance race in Horde. But about Forsaken Humans it would destroy image of the Horde for me. I dont like the idea of 2nd pretty race in Horde because its how I think of the Horde. Yes they are already in the Horde but under zombie form and thats why they fit in Horde for me.
    And I don't like the idea of cured forsaken because I love Forsaken and my main is Forsaken and I chose Forsaken because they are Forsaken.

    I dont say that its impossible, I just say that I dont like this idea of cured forsaken.

  4. #84
    More awkward than when Asia overgeared Garrosh-10H.

    This one time at Brand Camp, I got Singed.

  5. #85
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    372
    It would make no sense at all. Wasn't Warcraft in its early stages mostly focussed 'Orcs vs Humans'? So from a lore standpoint it would be very weird.

    Gameplay as well. There are hardly any differences between factions outside of cosmetics, as it is.

  6. #86
    Elemental Lord Snowraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    European Union
    Posts
    8,794
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    You mean they'd join the people who are the reason Stormwind is incapable of helping them? Also, where would they live?
    And I feel Blood Elves are a better candidate for a Horde race to join the Alliance, while we're on that topic.
    Well yes, because SW is not incapable of helping them because of the Horde, SW is incapable of helping them because of a corrupt regime of nobles in power besides Varian. Remember, when we get to Westfall, the army has money and stuff to build their giant stronghold yet the people eat mud pies. That is the difference in living conditions. Some live in a golden tower so to say while others live in the dirt making pies out of said dirt. Vanessa van Cleef was right to start a revolution, which is why I felt bad when I killed her. She wanted to help the people reclaim the power. So did vanCleef to a certain extent.

  7. #87
    i would create one and let him die over and over and over and over and over kill that damn Humans!

  8. #88
    Past time they gave faction choice at character creation. Sure it would mean making 12 new starter zones. Oh noes.

    Likewise with classes.

    Just impose XP penalty for non "race/class" combos. Gnome hunter? Sure but you earn XP at 50% rate. Night elf warlock? Could easily happen (has already if you think about it) but XP is earned at 25% rate.

    ANd yeah a new starter zone for those orcs that would turn against the horde (hey maybe they were young recruits in Garrosh's army and decided he was a psycho and they left the horde, and are since forsaken by the "new horde" or w/e comes after..

    I'm not trying to say "how" they could happen, ultimately that would be Blizzards decision; theres so many reasons a member of one of the races could be fighting for the enemy.
    Last edited by AeneasBK; 2013-10-17 at 12:25 PM.
    "Moral reason must learn how to make coercion its ally without running the risk of a Pyrrhic victory in which the ally exploits and negates the triumph."

  9. #89
    Battlegrounds would quickly become 90% human, 10% Whatever VS 80% Human, 18% Undead, 2% Whatever.

    I would go human instantly if they joined the Horde. I don't like the models and find them rather bland, but you cannot deny the power of the inbuilt PvP trinket.

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by Naztrak View Post
    I would be pissed, I hate (wow) humans.
    i suspect that's because of the goofy models, I have no fundness for those, but new models are incoming quite soon, so when you imagining this exercise, just imagine decent human models will be used.

    Also don't think of these humans as being alliance humans, human they be, but it's not those alliancey humans, this guys have different attitudes, and they're badass - not necessarily evil or wicked, but cool.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by melak View Post
    Doubt any alliance player would want to join the horde, i mean just look at ogrimmar... such a swinefarm :P
    are you an alliance player? how do you feel about this? remember it's not stormwind humans, not alliance humans. I suspect for some people, the company they keep matters, even ast blood evles, tehy don't fancy surrounded by orcs, trolls, gobs, tauren, and thus avoid horde, but how would you feel about the whole idea even if you won't necessary switch, bear in mind now, it you'd have living humans and blood elves aomgnst orcs, tauren , trolls
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2013-10-17 at 12:40 PM.

  11. #91
    I try my hardest to pretend humans don't exist in this game as it is. I don't want to be forced to see them on my faction (they're one of the main reasons I don't play Alliance, not kidding).

    The males have this perpetual look on their face like they just forgot something.

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Would hate it.

    I would rather they just get rid of factions completely since they would just be arbitrary at that point.
    are you saying you would hate it becasue factions would be arbitary? or you hate i for another reasons, and shoudl it happen they should just get rid of factions?

    your input would be much appreciated.

    My thoughts are that factions won't be arbitary at all, and still be quite distinct, this is not alliance humans going on the horde, even if the same "newe models for humans" is used, these would be forsaken, made living again somehow, their identity is still horde and their philosphy different, sort of like blood elves and high elves, point is forsaken are around, therefore this sort of human won't make factions any more or less indistinct. It is a really good lore opprtunity, I did a whole topic on exploring how vital it is from a gaming perspective - but here I want to here, your thoughts.

  13. #93
    Dreadlord Craakar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Scotland/Denmark
    Posts
    856
    From a lore perspective, I could see it happening, like for example, the Defias wanting to join the Horde because of their hatred to alliance, or the Goblins/Tauren/Blood Elves joining the Alliance because of the Siege of Orgrimmar and wanting steadiness.

    Gameplay: Not at all, think it would be weird, Orcs vs. Humans is a major theme of the game

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    Eh.

    It would be interesting if you could have Forsaken in different stages of decay (shouldn't Forsaken DKs be indistinguishable from Human ones?) but it's probably beyond the ability of WoW's database to give the required number of character customization options.
    Mace and I thought exactly the same thing, it would be one way of distinguishing these guys physically slightly from alliance human models, since they would be using the alliancee human model. Decay degree would be an extra feature, you can go from no decay degree, to alot, it would be something like the night elf femal face paint option. Mace made an excellent visualisation of this, did you see the movie Twilight? When the vampires faces get hit, they kind of crack, it looks really cool, that could be decay that shows from no cracks, to small cracks to a completely cracked face.

    And yeah, I agree Forsaken DKs should be indistinguishable from Human ones, but you know blizzard, they either didn't think, or at the time, were still concerned about silhouetes being different.

  15. #95
    The Horde is a proud and noble collection of races, we do not want the corrupt humans infesting our ranks.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

  16. #96
    Herald of the Titans Kurgath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Draenor
    Posts
    2,624
    Fuck the humans! Give me the Worgen!

  17. #97
    Scarab Lord Maxilian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    4,679
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnome View Post
    You can already play a dead human on Horde, isn't that enough and cool enough?
    You're saying it like humans are cool..., they are not, and Forsaken (undeads) are really COOL! so don't dare to compare them!

  18. #98
    if they would have the same racial as the alliance-humans. DEAL

  19. #99
    All races should have a quest chain to leave their faction and join the others.

  20. #100
    Epic! twistedsista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    somewhere between yeovil & crewkerne
    Posts
    1,569
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    The Horde want nothing to do with your sharp edges and disco dancing....no.
    im sure horde would love bopping to a bit of this lol


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •